Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
So to simplify it down (to help my simple mind understand) if I’m understanding the standings correctly we need two of Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Houston to lose one game and us to win out and we get a wildcard. And Indianapolis and Houston play each other so short of a tie one of those losses is built in.

And if we win out and Miami loses one additional game, we get the division.
Yes to the Miami part.

The other part seems right.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Looks like we have to win out to make it. We have to go 3-0 and we either win the division or become a wildcard team if Miami loses only one game and it’s to us.

Because of this weekend’s scoreboard not being favorable we really have to win every game at this point. 2-1 probably doesn’t get it done unless we get a lot of help.
TThe reason they don’t control their fate is because 4 non division winners can rnd with 11 wins. Had Clevrland lost buffalo would control their own fate. They need clvaland or Cincinnati to lose a game before week 18.

Reactions: SabresFan26

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So to simplify it down (to help my simple mind understand) if I’m understanding the standings correctly we need two of Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Houston to lose one game and us to win out and we get a wildcard. And Indianapolis and Houston play each other so short of a tie one of those losses is built in.

Houston doesn't matter. They play both Cleveland and Indy, so them winning out knocks out Indy, and Cleveland playing Cincy would knock out the loser if CLE also loses to Houston, and that clinches for us.

We also only need one of CIncy or Indy to lose- and even failing that there are tons of backup scenarios involving Baltimore or Jacksonville dropping games.

Sorry for the double post, but from earlier:
The following have to happen for us to miss at 11-6:
(1) Cincinatti wins out (at PIT, at KC, vs CLE)
(2) Indianapolis wins out (at ATL, LV, HOU)
(3) Miami wins both games not played against us (DAL, at BAL)
(4) Cleveland wins both games not played against CIncinatti (at HOU, NYJ)
(5) If Jax loses tonight - they also have to win out. (TB, CAR, at Ten) If Jax wins tonight then they have to win 2 and Baltimore would have to beat either San Fran or Pittsburgh.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Houston doesn't matter. They play both Cleveland and Indy, so them winning out knocks out Indy, and Cleveland playing Cincy would knock out the loser if CLE also loses to Houston, and that clinches for us.

We also only need one of CIncy or Indy to lose- and even failing that there are tons of backup scenarios involving Baltimore or Jacksonville dropping games.

Sorry for the double post, but from earlier:

Oh, it's THAT time of year, eh?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

the e following teams can get to 11 wins and be in 2nd place.

because Hou/ Indy Are both at 8 wins so sincr thry play in week 18 only one can get to get to 11 wins.

had Cleveland lost to Chicago today then cle/ cin week 18 game would mean only one can get to 11 wins. Thry need a loss by one of thrm before week 18.

You need a L by either cin or CLE, or hous and Ind both lose a game a game before week 18.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
the e following teams can get to 11 wins and be in 2nd place.

because Hou/ Indy Are both at 8 wins so sincr thry play in week 18 only one can get to get to 11 wins.

had Cleveland lost to Chicago today then cle/ cin week 18 game would mean only one can get to 11 wins. Thry need a loss by one of thrm before week 18.

You need a L by either cin or CLE, or hous and Ind both lose a game a game before week 18.
Again, Houston doesn't matter. If Houston wins out, then that means Indy and Cleveland both drop a game. Indy hits 7 losses, Cleveland 6. Then the loser of Cleveland-Cincinnati week 18 also hits 7 losses. That would leave only Houston and the winner of CLE-CIN as possible 11-6 wild card teams and thus the Bills would get in as the 3rd 11-6 wild card team.

The bottom line is they need one loss by Cincinnati, Miami, or Indianapolis, OR a Cleveland loss to the Jets or Texans. Additionally, if Jacksonville loses tonight, one more loss by them means an 11-6 finisher in the AFC South will be a division winner and not a wild card, so that will also clinch for us.

EDIT; and just to mention ties because they are possible - a single tie in the AFC would be good for us in every conceivable scenario at this point in the wild card race. From our POV if a contending team ties it's just as good as a loss for them. If WE tie to finish 10-6-1 as far as the wild card race goes that's as good as finishing 11-6 as well (as long as there are no other ties, obviously). Us tying would hurt us in the division though. Basically Miami would have to lose twice instead of once heading into our game. A MIami tie would also force them to have to lose another game for us to catch them.

Last edited:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
They seem to be hitting their stride at the right time. I just hope it's not too little too late. They should have fired Dorsey in the offseason. They'd probably be 11-3 right now.
I still maintain, the perfect time was after the Bengals game. That game showed the league figured out Dorsey. Sunday loss with Denver on Monday night would have given a good install time and a pulse against Denver. 9-7 would be huge right now

What are these hoodies the coaches are wearing?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
11-6 will get you a playoff spot. And probably the division. The math for it NOT to work is silly to even worry about at this point.

However, 10-7 isn't guaranteed a spot without some help, however.

If we lose either of the next two, we don't deserve the playoffs. These are teams that eliminated with nothing to play for. Dead cat bounce, interim coach, etc. Doesn't matter.

Win Win and Win. Get a home game if we can.

Reactions: EichHart

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Remaining schedule for the teams above us -

#6 Bengals -

@ Steelers
@ Chiefs
Browns

#7 Indy -

@ Falcons
Raiders
Texans

#8 - Texans -

Browns
Titans
@ Colts

All 3 have some tough games coming ( well the Colts schedule is the softest out of the 3 ) up, so as long as we win then I feel confident we can get in as a WC at the least . Though I will set my sights on the division if the damn Cowboys show up next week. Hopefully they come out pissed.

If somehow a miracle happens next week and the Steelers ( lol riiiiight) , Falcons ( lmfao ) , Browns , and Cowboys all win next week then I will eat my f***ing hat. That would be the happiest I would feel in a long, long time.

Last edited:

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
11-6 will get you a playoff spot. And probably the division. The math for it NOT to work is silly to even worry about at this point.

However, 10-7 isn't guaranteed a spot without some help, however.

If we lose either of the next two, we don't deserve the playoffs. These are teams that eliminated with nothing to play for. Dead cat bounce, interim coach, etc. Doesn't matter.

Win Win and Win. Get a home game if we can.
Could you imagine after this shit show of a season that they win the division and have a home playoff game. What a weird year.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Deep in the bowels of this thread, the echoes of a German hunter linger in the Buffalo mist from a rainy night.

“Run the ball. Throw short and let the receivers run.”

:cool:
You just know Daboll and Dorsey would've had Allen throw the ball 40 times in that weather.

Theyre onto something here. Cook is a game breaker. By far the best RB Allen has had in his career.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Jacksonville losing and going to 8-6 is annoying. If they don't win the AFC South.....that just gives us yet another competitor we don't have the tiebreaker over.
Since we don't have the tiebreaker over the other AFC South teams either, it's a good thing. If they win out they still win their division same as we were assuming before. If they don't the best an AFC South wild card candidate could be is 10-7 - It's an additional protection against the worst case scenario.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
They seem to be hitting their stride at the right time. I just hope it's not too little too late. They should have fired Dorsey in the offseason. They'd probably be 11-3 right now.
Seems and appears yet no so . We were fooked w in multiple ways but they've taken responsibility and hopefully keep adjusting to new tactics w new solutions. Bravo good win. F$ck entertainment and go sports.

If you e played sports in the bowls Dallas goes down like last night. Learning takes time, great to see McD quote marv .... just right for us. 73 is awesome

Reactions: TheStorm

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Jacksonville losing and going to 8-6 is annoying. If they don't win the AFC South.....that just gives us yet another competitor we don't have the tiebreaker over.
Like some one else said, our chances actually went up with the Jags losing. I don't get it but it is what it is

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm a little bit concerned that they get the flu/virus that Dallas have issues with.

I don't know if it's the same rampant covid strain that we have here in Sweden right now but it's terrible. I feel like I've been hit by a freight train a week after and have memory loss. Surprised I've not managed to get banned here during my blackout.
If it's "just" the flu it's hopefully not as contagious.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I'm a little bit concerned that they get the flu/virus that Dallas have issues with.

I don't know if it's the same rampant covid strain that we have here in Sweden right now but it's terrible. I feel like I've been hit by a freight train a week after and have memory loss. Surprised I've not managed to get banned here during my blackout.
If it's "just" the flu it's hopefully not as contagious.

Well allegedly it's a "stomach bug" so it really could be anything, hoping it's not COVID

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
If Lawrence continues this/doesn't play, they will be out of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad