GDT: Season Opening GDT: Blues @ Kraken 3:30 PM CST ESPN/ESPN+

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
That didn’t take long … every Blues player looks like they have been on the ice for 5 minutes… just standing

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Agreed for the most part depending what strides Holloway makes this year.

Is the team a little better than last year? I would think so, but Binnington will have to save the team most nights.

Army and company talked about how the roster got faster but I don’t get it. Holloway has speed. Broberg is smooth but not fast.

Joseph is average. Schenn might be even slower than last year. Texier is probably above average but I wouldn’t call him fast.

I understand optimism at the beginning of seasons, but I don’t see a big difference from last year besides we can’t bitch about Krug

The biggest difference on this team is on D which was notably downgraded in the top 4. We can bitch about Krug all we want, he's better than what Broberg has shown in the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: stl76 and SirPaste

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Blues passing is a hot mess. We either try to force a puck through a Kraken player or just fling it up the ice hoping it finds a random player. Zero intensity or engagement by the Blues players, just going through motions. Trying to finish their shift and get off.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The biggest difference on this team is on D which was notably downgraded in the top 4. We can bitch about Krug all we want, he's better than what Broberg has shown in the NHL.
Oh dear lord man. We were a bottom 5 defensive team in the NHL the past 2 seasons with Krug. It is near impossible to get worse defensively than we were. Replace Broberg with Krug in this game and literally nothing would be different.

Let’s give Broberg time because he could potentially turn into a big upgrade in the top 4.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Leddy trying a slap shot from the point with absolutely nobody in front of the net but he shoots it right into the forwards pads anyway

Reactions: AyeBah

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Oh dear lord man. We were a bottom 5 defensive team in the NHL the past 2 seasons with Krug. It is near impossible to get worse defensively than we were. Replace Broberg with Krug in this game and literally nothing would be different.

Let’s give Broberg time because he could potentially turn into a big upgrade in the top 4.
I'm perfectly fine giving him time. I just don't think we should expect to be a better team than last season while he figures it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad