GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Has the same Sullivan article been posted 4 times now? :laugh:

I'm just happy that he gave both McGroarty and Puljujarvi a chance based on their performances. Peopel have rightfully criticized the team for setting its roster before camp has even started, but I think McGroarty and Puljujarvi both forced the team's hand and made the team put them in the top-9. I don't think they've been willing to do that in recent years, or at least no one has forced them like McGroarty and Puljujarvi did.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i’m just going to pretend that article doesn’t exist because as stated i’ve been generally happy with how camp played out and his lineup decisions so far

The dick riding Reddit does for him is insane. Any sort of criticism and you get downvoted into oblivion
lol the penguins subreddit was literally the exact same back when bylsma was circling the drain. they also loved iron man craig adams and his partner tanner glass

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Imagine being this stupid like Bryan Rust.

You dumb twat. You think the turnover in roster isn't because of the coach maybe? f***ing bell end.

Also...LOL

This is the coach this franchise will destroy this team with because of this ignorance.
The one thing I have always loved about sports is HOPE. It's not winning the Championship, it's the journey to getting there that bring me to the table.

Never in my entire life was there a period like what we have now where every Pittsburgh franchise has been sucked into evil vortex of non competition. They're all very fat and happy with the status quo.

The Pirates are the worst of the bunch because the owner has a stated goal of PROFIT.

The Steelers have a 3rd generation owner that's never worked for anything, never built anything and can't be trusted to build anything. With that in mind, he cowardly signed his coach to an extension, too afraid of his own judgement in finding a replacement.

The Pens, I'm not sure yet of FSG's motives or stewardship; but the simple fact that once in charge, they dictated a coach that should have been on a very hot seat was instead the most powerful man in the organization.

The only question is in what year will any of the 3 franchises finally be forced to turn the page. That's a question that I don't think anyone has an answer for.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Here’s another article about basically things the Pens need to do better this season, and nary a peep about coaching except for this brief comment lol

“When it comes to the coaching, many fans love to complain about Mike Sullivan’s lineup decisions and question his tactics. But the biggest issue the previous two seasons was the Penguins’ flummoxing lapses in high-leverage situations….
Much of that falls on the players. But Sullivan bears some of the blame, too” 😂

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I don't GAF about the Steelers, but the rest of that is spot on.

Here’s another article about basically things the Pens need to do better this season, and nary a peep about coaching except for this brief comment lol

“When it comes to the coaching, many fans love to complain about Mike Sullivan’s lineup decisions and question his tactics. But the biggest issue the previous two seasons was the Penguins’ flummoxing lapses in high-leverage situations….
Much of that falls on the players. But Sullivan bears some of the blame, too” 😂

Every "sports" "reporter" in Pittsburgh, and seemingly NHL wide, are either blind to it, or are afraid to question Sullivan's, well, anything.

They are all basically like covering a political they want to see win an election.

Hell, I should write-in Sullivan for President, that would get rid of him, right? Right?

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Tomorrow night, PPG PAINTS arena, Pittsburgh PA. The Penguins face off with the highly touted NYR's to open the season!

And...For your Pittsburgh Penguins, THAT'S... A LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FEARLESSS.... FOREEEEECASTERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

I'm just happy that he gave both McGroarty and Puljujarvi a chance based on their performances. Peopel have rightfully criticized the team for setting its roster before camp has even started, but I think McGroarty and Puljujarvi both forced the team's hand and made the team put them in the top-9. I don't think they've been willing to do that in recent years, or at least no one has forced them like McGroarty and Puljujarvi did.
That is all fine and dandy. However, I believe it was HonourOverGlory who said earlier that were it not for the Bryan Rust injury, then not only would Drew O'Connor have been demoted to the third line (wrongfully so), but No. 2 would have been demoted to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. AND, if Lizotte had not gotten a puck in the face in the Kraft Hockeyville game, one of the Finnish wingers would have been waived as well.

Meanwhile, Beauvillier has been stapled to Crosby's hip since the start of training camp for some mystical reason that we are still looking up at the stars to decipher.

Let's HOPE the third line gets off to a hot start. If they struggle against the Rangers, there is a great chance that they are broken up by the Detroit game.

Meanwhile, Mike Sullivan is counting the days until Matt Nieto returns.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Tomorrow night, PPG PAINTS arena, Pittsburgh PA. The Penguins face off with the highly touted NYR's to open the season!

And...For your Pittsburgh Penguins, THAT'S... A LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FEARLESSS.... FOREEEEECASTERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The NHL's pretty random. We started 4-0-1, scoring 6 four times, in 2022-23. Then we missed the playoffs.

I wouldn't place bets on an individual game. A team shows its true colors over 82.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That is all fine and dandy. However, I believe it was HonourOverGlory who said earlier that were it not for the Bryan Rust injury, then not only would Drew O'Connor have been demoted to the third line (wrongfully so), but No. 2 would have been demoted to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. AND, if Lizotte had not gotten a puck in the face in the Kraft Hockeyville game, one of the Finnish wingers would have been waived as well.

Meanwhile, Beauvillier has been stapled to Crosby's hip since the start of training camp for some mystical reason that we are still looking up at the stars to decipher.

Let's HOPE the third line gets off to a hot start. If they struggle against the Rangers, there is a great chance that they are broken up by the Detroit game.

I’ll give him a chance this year. If he rewards the players based on their play. I’ll give him a tiny bit of rope this year.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

And yet somehow, Beauvillier didn't need to do jack shit to get top line usage. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

And all I stated was the facts mate, as you know. We all know if Lizotte and Rust weren't hurt, they'd have waived a player they shouldn't have and Rutger would also be in wbs as well as Beauvillier being on Sid's wing over Doc.

I’ll give him a chance this year. If he rewards the players based on their play. I’ll give him a tiny bit of rope this year.
Why would he start doing that now? He picks and chooses who gets rewarded for their strong play. Some get that benefit while some get punished for it somehow.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The NHL's pretty random. We started 4-0-1, scoring 6 four times, in 2022-23. Then we missed the playoffs.

I wouldn't place bets on an individual game. A team shows its true colors over 82.
Fearlesssss! FORECASSSSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

And yes the season is the key. I singlehandedly got the over/under point total on FD down to 89.5, I got it at 90.5.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The one thing I have always loved about sports is HOPE. It's not winning the Championship, it's the journey to getting there that bring me to the table.

Never in my entire life was there a period like what we have now where every Pittsburgh franchise has been sucked into evil vortex of non competition. They're all very fat and happy with the status quo.

The Pirates are the worst of the bunch because the owner has a stated goal of PROFIT.

The Steelers have a 3rd generation owner that's never worked for anything, never built anything and can't be trusted to build anything. With that in mind, he cowardly signed his coach to an extension, too afraid of his own judgement in finding a replacement.

The Pens, I'm not sure yet of FSG's motives or stewardship; but the simple fact that once in charge, they dictated a coach that should have been on a very hot seat was instead the most powerful man in the organization.

The only question is in what year will any of the 3 franchises finally be forced to turn the page. That's a question that I don't think anyone has an answer for.
With the Gen X bs, you got effort and players getting a chance. You had zero expectations and just watched because you loved the team and this was a new situation to be in - uncertainty in all aspects of the team. But to see this current team being coached by Sullivan, hear them preach about accountability and earning it and you see a coach that has definitely not earned it lately and seems to whine about any criticism about his coaching, usage, etc - it sucks.

Because Sid, Geno, and Letang deserve a chance at being on a team that is trying new things, trying different usage and changing things up. Not a coach that does the same shit and acts like he's made changes.

Apparently Sullivan has no clue places like this exist. In his mind, he discovered Jake Guentzel and Conor Sheary and we dope fans should bow at his feet for putting them on the roster, it's like he thinks fans don't read scouting reports, talk about players that others see in college or in amateur leagues, keeping tabs. That's how ignorant of a twat he is. He just whines at any criticism he gets rather than actually engage in a discussion.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The reddit crew thinks this is a fascinating article that does a great job addressing frequent criticisms and breaking them down into the false narratives they are and goes into great detail about the things Sullivan has done that recommends him as a truly top tier coach in this league.

Just in case ya'll were wondering.

Which is weird because what I mostly got from it is "Mike Sullivan speaks in complete sentences and does a ton to teach but won't actually go into any detail on what he teaches. Also as a coach I think coaches are treated unfair and Mike Tomlin is really cool and stuff."
Mike Sullivan - I made Jake and Sheary, I changed a lot of things and play the players that deserve it.

Reporters - What did you change? Why do some players earn a spot automatically when their play hasn't earned them that opportunity? Why do some players that do play well, get reduced minutes and usage? Do you think fans lack knowledge about prospects?

Mike Sullivan - I won't go into details but I know what I have done and that's all that I need to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad