GDT: Season Opener | Leafs vs Habs 7pm EST | Winning For Rodion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Who else is pumped for Home Opener? Let's win this one for Rodion.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Super pumped for this one. Hope we can come out strong and set the tone for the season. Excited to see Minten is his NHL Debut! Also looking forward to seeing Bertuzzi, Domi, Reaves, and Klingberg in their new threads.

Go Leafs Go!

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    448.6 KB · Views: 3

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Wifi does some off season workouts close to my home. He hasn’t been shy about letting everyone know he has this game circled. He has been taking boxing lessons all summer. Crazy thing is that he outweighs Reaves by 10 lbs I believe. Ding ding. Would look better in blue and white.

Never a bad day to beat the Habs. Opening night. Even better. GLG

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Ready, Set, Go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

First things first. The BwO and all Leaf Nation is incredibly saddened by the loss of Rodion Amirov over the summer. The more you read about the terrible manner in which f***ing cancer manifested itself, and the way he held himself going through it, you realize the world lost a good person this summer, not just a good hockey player. Way too young. f*** cancer. But we're going to remember the good times, so here's an Amirov highlight video, talented young player just starting his career:

May he rest in peace.

Well here we go then. New GM. Top Six tweaked. We got ourselves a Domi back round here. We like Domi's round here.

Fun stuff eh?

I checked, and the manual says GDT's need music. The BwO reached out to the National Swifties League NFL for suggestions on this, but it turns out they once had Nickelback play before some big game, so their opinion is invalid. We're going full Leafs here, so here's another downed legend, #1 Leaf fan and former President of the BwO Kingston operation, Gord f***ing Downing laying down the vocals for the season. Fireworks Baby.

The BwO is here NHL, and there ain't nothing that stops it. Get ready, we are bringing the fire. The Core Four? Check. Yes, it's still too much to contain. Sammy and Woll? Ya we're good here. We firing Knies in there, we got some hungries kicking around that bottom six behind that. The D, ya, we're holding here, the TDL is 4-5 months, we know.

Wait wait.....

Okay, late breaking from a downtown BwO operative, not unexpected really. As usual we are expecting a large contingent of Canadiens fans, just got this in, a large group of them arriving in full Habs regalia:

gettyimages-1205668699.jpg

Whew. Well hell, you guys do you eh? Good luck on the season, just not tonight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to 2023-24. "This Year It's Different" V.57.
And as always, remember, once you're
BwO, you're BwO. For. Life.
Baby.

Ready.
Set.
Go!

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Wifi does some off season workouts close to my home. He hasn’t been shy about letting everyone know he has this game circled. He has been taking boxing lessons all summer. Crazy thing is that he outweighs Reaves by 10 lbs I believe. Ding ding. Would look better in blue and white.

Who?

Reactions: Apex Predator

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I guess Nylander will be stuck with slow-ass JT in his contract year. Smart

That being said, I want to change my prediction, I think we'll smoke them 7-1 or something!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Who is WiFi?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Go Leafs go! Looking forward to beating that team full of smurfs and draft busts.

Hoping Ron MacLean is gone, please let this be the year for that! I don't know what I'll do without his nonsensical stories about some coach out in Iqaluit and his team who baked cookies for the local retirement community but I'll make it.

Please Matthews let his wrist be healthy so he can get back to the 50 goal, 100+ point player he should be.

Please let everyone stay healthy, especially our goalies.

Please let Knies and Minten continue to have that pre-season chemistry and have great rookie years.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I always expect the Leafs to crush the Habs the last few years but the games always seem to be closer than expected.

So I could see it going to OT. I could see Anderson scoring at least 1 goal too because it seems to happen almost every time Leafs play them.

In saying that... I still hope Leafs crush them.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
All these young fighters have advantage over guys like reaves Lucic martin. They all have visors. Reaves throws a haymaker hits visor, hand goon throws a haymaker hits reaves face. Big advantage visor fighter. What I think is stupid is after a fight with a visor they take it off and throw it in the ice.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Can’t win the Stanley Cup tonight or get into the Eastern final, so forget about it. Have to really take it a game at a time. So tonight, they have to be ready. Montreal can easily come in here and steal one. If you want to be a division winner, or dare I say President’s Trophy winner, you have to take care of business against these non-contender teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad