GDT: Season Opener | Leafs vs Habs 7pm EST | Winning For Rodion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yep, that's what I mean. Show something different right out of the gate.

Would be great if the Leafs wanted to beat their Canadian opponents as badly as their Canadian opponents want to beat the Leafs

Reactions: wingman75

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Opening night Bay Bay. Let’s crush the Habs :cool:

IMG_0107.jpeg
IMG_0156.jpeg

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Nice tribute to Amirov, OP. That poor kid, I know he handled it with grace and poise but it's so cruel that he had to face that illness at that age. Rest in peace.

My eyes will be on the new additions to the top 9. Ideally at least 2 of them have big years, excited to see Knies in more extended minutes. Leafs F group will be worse defensively, how much so remains to be seen, but they should score more.

Great story on Minten in the Athletic today. Seems like he comes from a smart, grounded family and you can see that in his play on the ice. Let's hope his 9 games go fantastic.

It would be great to skip the usual meh season-opener and blow the doors off the Habs tonight. Put them in shambles early. Go Leafs!

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Wifi does some off season workouts close to my home. He hasn’t been shy about letting everyone know he has this game circled. He has been taking boxing lessons all summer. Crazy thing is that he outweighs Reaves by 10 lbs I believe. Ding ding. Would look better in blue and white.

Never a bad day to beat the Habs. Opening night. Even better. GLG
That’s gonna be a good tilt. Reeves is the best fighter we have had since Colton Orr.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I remember last year we had a really rough first 2 weeks of the season. Everyone had to be fired, it was an awful experience using this forum during that time. People were saying these two weeks were proof the result would be the same in the playoffs, but we went further than we have in 20 years.

So keep that in mind. These games for the next few months outside of getting some points, have absolutely 0 to do with how well the Leafs will be playing once playoffs come. There will be defensive breakdowns, there will be rust on guys we expect to finish chances.

I just want to see effort tonight which I don't see why I wouldn't. The result itself ultimately doesn't matter. GLG

We got rapped in the second round. What was different?

We played better hockey vs Bruins but lost in game 7. The last year wasn't really all that great, it was another regression. But yeah first time in 20 years, that should justify everyone's paycheck!

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
I'm way more excited for this season than last one. Trimmed the dead weight: Holl, Kerfoot and Engvall. Brought in a legit top line LW in Free agency (Bertuzzi) and a massive upgrade in skill and toughness on Kerfoot (Domi). Should be a fun year

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We got rapped in the second round. What was different?

We played better hockey vs Bruins but lost in game 7. The last year wasn't really all that great, it was another regression. But yeah first time in 20 years, that should justify everyone's paycheck!

The difference was the result was not the same. So the point never made sense.

There are people who think if this team ever has a bad game or makes a mistake, it is proof they are not a contender or winning anything and I am tired of this dumb narrative. Ultimately I am not trying to get upset about something that hasn't happened, but I know posters here and it is coming. I give it a week there is a doomer thread. Maybe tonight if we lose.

Reactions: Buds17 and kb

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
The difference was the result was not the same. So the point never made sense.

There are people who think if this team ever has a bad game or makes a mistake, it is proof they are not a contender or winning anything and I am tired of this dumb narrative. Ultimately I am not trying to get upset about something that hasn't happened, but I know posters here and it is coming. I give it a week there is a doomer thread. Maybe tonight if we lose.

New season, new chances. But at the same time, I don't see how getting past the first round makes us a contender. Hell, we are still chasing a division win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad