GDT: Season Opener | Leafs vs Habs 7pm EST | Winning For Rodion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Cosentino

1697068811746.gif

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
We been an underwhelming October team for a few years now. Could have been a better period but I don’t think we were that bad even.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Leafs Radio aaying Nylander was by far the best player.

Had a few plays that looked different from last year like instead of a fly by, pursued the puck and got a little physical.

Can anyone back that up?

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
This thread is hard to keep up with:
Bedard got his first
Powers signed
Talking about bourbon
Hitting being effective or not
Then there’s also talk about some leafs game being played today

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Oh and Calgary had about as many hits as the Cup champs. Stop being so obtuse about physicality.
Exactly. The hits just show more aggression, being more engaged in the game. Think most would want that or at the very least understand the importance of it.

Reactions: Macallan18

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Had a few plays that looked different from last year like instead of a fly by, pursued the puck and got a little physical.

Can anyone back that up?

Reaves was better, no contest.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Budz

Jan 28, 2013

Can anyone back that up?

Most possession time, good entries and speed. A little sloppy and too cute with the puck.

Top line was nearly invisible aside from a 20 second stretch

Reactions: Jojalu

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011

Can anyone back that up?
Yup. That was correct. Working hard on D and looking like McD lite on his speed and zone entries

Reactions: Jojalu

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Exactly. The hits just show more aggression, being more engaged in the game. Think most would want that or at the very least understand the importance of it.
Pure hit totals don't mean much, it does speak to possession sometimes, but this idea that they're useless is silly too. I liked our physicality.

Reactions: zoA and Cleetus

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015

Can anyone back that up?
True

The Management

Jun 8, 2009

Can anyone back that up?

I would say he looked better than the other three "core" forwards in the first period. I don't know if I'd say "by far." Had a few great zone entries, looked creative, wasn't just relying on his speed. But a bit sloppy on the powerplay, I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad