Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/DAL] Kraken select and sign Jamie Oleksiak (5 years, $4.6M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Really is Oleksiak that good? Isn't his playstyle already similar to Mayfield's, expect Mayfield has better passing while Oleksiak probably a better skater (both being good for big players)

I didn't realize/think Oleksiak is better than Larsson. He basically got a comparable deal to TJ brodie on the leafs who'd say is clearly the better player

Covid cap and all I was thinking something like 4 years 3M per year for Oleksiak. Was way off
Mayfield is grossly underpaid. Oleksiak biggest problem is health. He’s a solid #4 defenseman. The AAV isn’t bad. That’s a very manageable number. You need guys who can play defense.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Minor overpay? LOL.

Oleksiak is worth like 3 million max.

$1.6m is absolutely nothing to a team that has exactly zero internal options and cannot afford to be forced into a trade for a worse contract or into spending assets on a quality D.

$1.6m for not having to spend assets to go get another player is a f***ing bargain. Getting a quality minute munching physical 2nd pair guy is easily worth that.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I honestly first thought it was 5 years at 4.6m total and thought that was ablot of term. 4.6m per!!!! Oh my. At least we know Seattle won't find themselves in the finals like vegas

Reactions: ultra63

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Mayfield is grossly underpaid. Oleksiak biggest problem is health. He’s a solid #4 defenseman. The AAV isn’t bad. That’s a very manageable number. You need guys who can play defense.
I agree I just didn't know that his reputation and game improved so much since he was dealt by the Pens back to Dallas. Back than he seemed to be a Justin Holl type player with better size. Now he's being looked closer to a TJ brodie which is a big jump.

He's not that old so makes sense why he improved since the trade

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Eh I thought Oleksiak was a third pairing stay at home dman?
Looking at the stats too... he has not played a single full 82 games season - injuries or benched?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
$1.6m is absolutely nothing to a team that has exactly zero internal options and cannot afford to be forced into a trade for a worse contract or into spending assets on a quality D.

$1.6m for not having to spend assets to go get another player is a f***ing bargain. Getting a quality minute munching physical 2nd pair guy is easily worth that.

They've drafted like 20 defensemen.

Oleksiak looked really good with Heiskanen. He's been a fringe 3rd pairing guy prior to that.

Reactions: BillDineen

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
That is a crazy AAV for Jamie Oleksiak.

58LBtFV.gif

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
$8.6 M on two second pairing dmen.....do they need to overpay Oleksiak when there's so many dmen available? Francis is not shrewd imo I expect to see more of this.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad