Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] D Brandon Montour signs with the Kraken (7 years, $7.14M AAV)

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
it was a response to the comment above, he was not our best dman on this team this year.

that shoulder injury really messed him up, hope he recovers well over the offseason cause he was a beast last year, and ok the seasons before.
The phase #1 or 2 D doesn’t have anything to with a subjective opinion on who is or is not playing the best on your team. It’s used to describe a role and ice time usage.

This is how hockey people describe these roles - for example… on buffalo, Jeff Skinner was our first line winger… But he was definitely not the best winger on the team by far. That was JJ peterka

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
So a teams ice time leader isn’t their no 1 or at worst no 2 D ….and I don’t know hockey. Just get out of here man with these baseless insults
Juiced by PP1 time.

EV TOI/GP in the playoffs:
Forsling: 19:58
Montour: 18:32

And who was trusted to take on the toughest matchups in every series? Forsling.

The phase #1 or 2 D doesn’t have anything to with a subjective opinion on who is or is not playing the best on your team. It’s used to describe a role and ice time usage.

This is how hockey people describe these roles - for example… on buffalo, Jeff Skinner was our first line winger… But he was definitely not the best winger on the team by far. That was JJ peterka
Skinner was 7th among BUF forwards in TOI/GP. 8th in EV TOI/GP. Is that first line level?

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
dont get me wrong, im gonna miss montour a lot, i still love him for that bruins series alone (both really)
Hes an absolute marathon runner on the ice, ridiculous athlete, but going off of his total ice time to say hes the #1 d is lol

IF he can get his shot back you guys will be very happy with him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad