GDT: "Screw it. Let's win again." (Game #4, Oct. 15) Blackhawks @ Flames - 7:00pm MT, 4am EEST

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
God's country just outside of Calgary
I'm going to go check out the main board and the game night thread, should be some interesting reading. I never reply in those threads, because I don't feel like arguing with some doofus's.
One guy in the main GDT is whining so much about the reffing in the Oilers game my ears are bleeding.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I have not. Clips here and there but not the full feature presentation, sir.
I'd say I have homework to do but I'm so behind on my current backlog I may get to these circa 2027 xmas.

It's on a streaming service. I can't remember which, I wanna say Amazon.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Reactions: Boomstick

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Nice win.
Earlier in the offseason I mentioned the amount of 'if's' it'd require for the Flames to be successful.

The biggest three were:
1) Progression on the young guys.
2) Huberdeau finds his game
3) Wolf gives us Vezina level goaltending.

Well, after 4 games:
1) Posp/Zary are scoring at over a ppg. Coronato has one less goal than he had in 34 games last year. Bahl is turning out to be a key figure on our backend.
2) Huberdeau leads the team in points, has more points than the entirety of last October (9 games).
3) Wolfie's at a .944 SV% and 2.02GAA.

Like, it's likely not sustainable, the rug will get pulled at some time as some of the veteran teams start putting things together. Like there's no way in 10 games, the Oilers, Avs and Canucks will combine for less regulation wins than the Ducks as it currently stands :laugh:

But very fun. Very fun, I hope Connie sticks to his word here though and continues to build for the future.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Finally got to watch a full game this season. Obviously a ton of positives, but my one big takeaway was how great having Bahl is.

He'll make his mistakes, but having his presence on the ice feels so calming. He's that guy that just soaks up any positive momentum offences have. Very large, no afraid to use his body, and he's just in the way all the time. What a great pickup by Conroy.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I try to be a good citizen and recommend legit avenues to get stuff, but yes, the internet it has basically everything.
I know, but if I'm not a smart ass, who am I?

I love f23, we're been homies for like 20 years now. He's get worried if I was too helpful in public :P

Reactions: Figgy44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad