GDT: "Screw it. Let's win again." (Game #4, Oct. 15) Blackhawks @ Flames - 7:00pm MT, 4am EEST

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
96uzdq.jpg

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone else enjoying this season more than normal? I mean that I was expecting to be horrible this year, but the guys are playing like a team. Dont forget that the Coilers are sucking which is just icing on the cake.
I felt they had the offensive to do damage, the question was on goaltending and defense. This time is good enough to get to the playoffs if the latter two are decent.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Anyone else enjoying this season more than normal? I mean that I was expecting to be horrible this year, but the guys are playing like a team. Dont forget that the Coilers are sucking which is just icing on the cake.

This is definitely starting to feel like another Flames season where they play much better than everyone expects but I'm still not entirely sold yet that they will continue this.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
This is definitely starting to feel like another Flames season where they play much better than everyone expects but I'm still not entirely sold yet that they will continue this.

Anyone got any unsustainable gifs they can dust off?

Reactions: Backlund

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I felt they had the offensive to do damage, the question was on goaltending and defense. This time is good enough to get to the playoffs if the latter two are decent.
I think "offense to do damage" is overstating it a bit, I think when it's said and down, we'll be in the lower half of the middle third. Last year we finished 19th, but 15-20 were separated by just 9 goals. My guess is we finish in that group again.

Our GA though, last year we were 23rd and even a drop of 0.25 goals per game could push us into the bottom 5.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010

Flames are a young energetic team. All 4 lines have a different dynamic and they all are showing effort. Conroy did a great job of trading the aging FA's who didn't really want to be here and just wanted to sign their last contract. Those distractions are gone and it's a team that wants to win. They also have a great coach a budding superstar goalie. Also Weeger has to be a top 10 Damn to watch, smooth and a makes a ton of nifty plays.

Reactions: DirtDiver

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I only know some of these words.

Also, I really like Abbott. He's not Rick Ball, but he's really good IMO. Good voice and like Ball seems to love doing it.

Isn't that a clip from Wall-e? Wall-e and Eva are characters.

Has mantha ever played D at any level?

I don't think so. But he sorta looked poised in that position.

Reactions: Felidae

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad