GDT: [SCP R2 GM2] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken - 8:30 PM CT (TNT)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I will take all the Jason Robertson stock I can if any of you are selling. He’ll be fine.
i hope so

that being said, this team was good and has added more youth and talent this season and he seems to have time to shake off anxiety or heal bruises

i just hope hes not trying to force playing injured awaiting something more to heal from in the offseason

Reactions: Kcb12345

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
i hope so

that being said, this team was good and has added more youth and talent this season and he seems to have time to shake off anxiety or heal bruises

i just hope hes not trying to force playing injured awaiting something more to heal from in the offseason
He played all 82 after having a weird offseason. Might be fatigue, might be an injury we don’t know about, might be he’s overthinking it like we are and squeezing a bit. Or in my opinion the most likely scenario is he’s still gotta learn how to be playoff performer like Seguin had to around his age. Could be a long term project in the postseason, but I’m still on board.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
i hope so

That's where I'm at too. If we weren't getting depth contributions I'd be wayy more worried about JRob's 5v5 play. Honestly I thought he was OK tonight, could've had a couple of points for sure, but the puck didn't go in or his teammates didn't finish. Is what it is. He just needs to keep it simple imo and get his confidence back. Seems like he's thinking way too much right now and then when he has no more time left he just loses it. Difference is he had more time to think in the regular season, plus he has much better chemistry with Pavelski than Seguin but that's another story.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Robertson has had periods like this during the season too . He usually breaks out with like 3 , 4 point games in row all of a sudden . Hopefully that’s soon .

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I want to be optimistic about Robo but good damn he’s making it hard. I’ve never seen him so tentative and unsure on the PP as he was in this game. Please prove me wrong!

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
There is something going on with Robertson. He is a volume scorer. He has 4 shots on goal in 2 games. That is not enough. He needs to be a little more selfish and shoot more. The skill is clearly there.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Robertson's iCF/60 is almost as high as regular season, but ixG, iFF, and especially iSCF are lower. So his possession rate and shot volume directed towards net (Corsi) are only slightly lower, and could be explained by quality of competition, but he's not getting those Corsis from dangerous areas (low iSCF, ixG) nor is he getting high volume on net (Shots For), or even past the first layer of defense (Fenwick). Seems like the opponents are game planning around taking away his space and pushing him to the perimeter, which makes perfect sense and matches what I've been seeing. I think he needs to start taking guys on one on one and bullying his way into that interior space because it's clearly there for Wyatt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad