GDT: [SCP R2 GM2] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken - 8:30 PM CT (TNT)

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

2023 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS
ROUND 2 – GAME 2 – 5/4/2023 – 8:30 PM CT – TNT
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Seattle Kraken
★ 4-3 ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 5-3 ★

1em5YM3.png

mR3Rvhy.jpg
5GoklgC.jpg

SjImKxd.png

QxVhRQo.jpg

6iZZg3W.png

2023-05-02 - Kraken 5 - 4 Stars (OT)
2023-03-21 - Kraken 5 - 4 Stars (OT)
2023-03-13 - Stars 5 - 2 Kraken .......
2023-03-11 - Stars 4 - 3 Kraken (OT).
2022-04-23 - Kraken 2 - 3 Stars .......
2022-04-03 - Stars 1 - 4 Kraken .......
2022-01-12 - Kraken 2 - 5 Stars ........

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:seattle

Kartye - Beniers - Eberle
Schwartz - Wennberg - Geekie
Tolvanen - Gourde - Bjorkstrand
Tanev - Donato - Sprong

Dunn - Larsson
Oleksiak - Borgen
Soucy - Schultz

Grubauer

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm vexxed. I'm concerned the Stars don't have the horses to adjust to Seattle's speed/forecheck game. Sure you can bring a couple guys in who have more quickness (Kivi) and are shiftier and better transitionally (Nils) but is that enough? Ultimately the D is still anchored by sloths like Esa/Jani/Suter who have their strengths in areas, but obviously quickness is not one of them. They will be exposed in front of the net and down low.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Hoping for a bounce back after last game, Seattle dictated too much on the Stars

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Miller can adjust, PDB can adjust-- start worrying if the problems remain without changes in game 3. I think we played better as the game went along and even though I hated losing, we all knew it would likely be a ~flukey shot that would end things.

I refuse to acknowledge any Doom and Gloom or This Is Fine-ism until we look like we aren't competing or going to change anything post game 2.

My hope is that Wyatt or Robo go full Pavelski tonight.

These player illustrations on this statmuse site are goofy looking. Most of them are pretty good.. but miro looks funny. They massacre'd Pavelski.

Reactions: roryjones

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Yes the same lineup for game 2. Hopefully they somehow improve?

Benn needs to show up tonight. He has not been fully engaged in these playoffs.

Reactions: JeffP

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
it's tough to know who is injured or just snakebitten
but jamie is definitely also a candidate for turn-it-on when you compare history and regular season stats

I'd definitely be the worst coach, buuut if you temp swap Robertson and Marchment you could see what you have there without splitting Pavelski and Domi and perhaps give Robo a little Pavelski boost? Armchair speculator/spectator right here :)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'm vexxed. I'm concerned the Stars don't have the horses to adjust to Seattle's speed/forecheck game. Sure you can bring a couple guys in who have more quickness (Kivi) and are shiftier and better transitionally (Nils) but is that enough? Ultimately the D is still anchored by sloths like Esa/Jani/Suter who have their strengths in areas, but obviously quickness is not one of them. They will be exposed in front of the net and down low.
I think the adjustments come from defensive shape and playing to their strengths. Dallas was one of the best shot suppressing teams in the NHL and limited high danger/rebound shots for several seasons because of forward support in their zone

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->