Value of: Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Big mobile playoff tested defenseman who’s also tough. Also, ridiculous low cap hit. Can play top4 minutes.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
My guess is he’s extended this upcoming offseason. I believe he’s eligible.
If not they’ll aim for some offensive help.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The fact that he plays RD is a big factor in his evaluation.
He has more value than people think at that cap hit signed through next year.
A playoff-bound team should expect to give up a late 1st at the deadline to acquire him, or an equivalent.
I consider Mayfield to be akin to a Goodrow or Coleman type of pickup, except at defense.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
The fact that he plays RD is a big factor in his evaluation.
He has more value than people think at that cap hit signed through next year.
A playoff-bound team should expect to give up a late 1st at the deadline to acquire him, or an equivalent.
I consider Mayfield to be akin to a Goodrow or Coleman type of pickup, except at defense.

He is also signed to peanuts for next season. Isles dont move him unless someone overpays.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
From the leafs id offer 2022 1st 2023 2nd and Robertson or Amirov + holl for cap. Other leaf fans may not agree but I believe Mayfield is the missing piece for the leafs to make a run.
Way too much. Mayfield is purely a defensive defenseman and is not good at transitioning the puck up ice, does not have a good first pass out at all

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
From the leafs id offer 2022 1st 2023 2nd and Robertson or Amirov + holl for cap. Other leaf fans may not agree but I believe Mayfield is the missing piece for the leafs to make a run.

Way too much. Mayfield is purely a defensive defenseman and is not good at transitioning the puck up ice, does not have a good first pass out at all

A 2nd, Robertson and Holl is a steep price but I would consider it, likely would put him with Rielly and give Muzzin-Brodie a run.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
my fav thing about mayfield is his ability to be sneaky good with an offensive play usually in a clutch moment .

a few strides with his long legs usually gets him to the redline for an easy dump in / line change but I find teams have figured this out and try to send a forechecker in quickly to disrupt which gives Scotty some trouble.

if a team wants to blow the isles away with an offer then sure , trade him / promote Hutton .

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Islanders are having a down year and could move some players at the deadline. If Mayfield does become availible what would be his value ?
The NYI are in need of defensive help on the left side, they won't be moving Mayfield even though he plays the right side.
They have lost two mobile D-men these past 2 years and can't find any suitable replacements.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
That is the type of d-man the Oilers should have been trying to fill Barrie's spot with. Not to say there was an opportunity for them to get a d-man like that at the time but Barrie was not needed at all so they invested 4.5 cap into the player that adds nothing at all to the team at the moment.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

That's what you pay for top pairing D. I like Mayfield, but this is a massive over pay.

If the Islanders require a LD, as @NC 1972 has suggested, Dermott + 2nd (2022), + 3rd (2023) is probably about the cost at the most.

Reactions: TML1990

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Of course. Here’s an article actually written on Mayfield to Toronto yesterday.

If Maple Leafs want to trade for Islanders Scott Mayfield then have it

I think the article is basically right about Mayfield's strengths and weaknesses - although he is good at getting shots through for a defensive guy, and he's a great teammate. Here's the thing - a 2nd round pick, especially a late 2nd, isn't going to do it. So unless a team really wants to pony up for a guy who does have flaws, he's not going to be dealt.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Oh the big run again eh,lmfao....garbage return for him!

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
He'd fill a huge need for the Canucks. What would the ask be? He has had a down year like most of the Isles, but I assume he will still return 2 high quality assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad