Waived: Scott Darling and Valentin Zykov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Interesting concept with the forced waiver scenario. I have no idea how the conditioning stints work but Zykov’s seemed a bit out of the ordinary. Rod’s comments were just an explanation of waivers which would also be the league’s concern in this case.

Non-injury-related conditioning stint certainly looks like something that just calls to be abused, and the league does watch over them.

Sabers weren't allowed to put Grigorenko on one in 2013, as it was deemed a circumvention attempt to the CHL transaction agreement rules that forbid loaning a player under twenty years old to AHL.

Mikhail Grigorenko's AHL conditioning stint rejected by NHL - what is the Sabres' plan? - TheHockeyNews

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Off-topic. Florida Everblades is one of the coolest names in minor-league sports. I will fight you if you disagree.
Their jerseys with the teeth stripes are completely awesome too

B9327344010Z.1_20170425230454_000_GTKI6HKEQ.1-0.jpg

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
(If this board ever actually does a get together, it's so much more likely to be at Bojangles than at an actual hockey game)

I'd be willing to bet at least three of us have been at the same Bojangles at the same time and just didn't know it. Does that count?

so bishop comes up (....ok) and haydn fleury goes to IR. presumably pesce coming off IR as well considering he practiced today? where does that leave us as far as numbers go? does it matter? is anyone here?

I have no answers for you, but I did want you to know that I'm here. And I care.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
(If this board ever actually does a get together, it's so much more likely to be at Bojangles than at an actual hockey game)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we used to have a tailgate meetup at the last home game of the season, yeah? Then, I'm assuming, the Canes sucked the life out of everybody and we just stopped doing it.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Assuming Darling clears waivers, is he just going to float around in goalie purgatory? Will he split the net with promising prospect Alex Nedeljkovic?

Whatever the game plan — and it’s one the organization is still deliberating on as of late Thursday afternoon — Charlotte Checkers head coach Mike Vellucci is adamant it won’t get in the way of Nedeljkovic’s development.

“Ned (Nedeljkovic) is the goalie of the future,” Vellucci said. “He’s had two great years here. We want to make sure whatever we do with him is in the best interest of that future.”

Is this the end of the Hurricanes’ Scott Darling...

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we used to have a tailgate meetup at the last home game of the season, yeah? Then, I'm assuming, the Canes sucked the life out of everybody and we just stopped doing it.

Talk about worlds colliding. Face to face would be hilarious. Like "oh, you're not what I was expecting". To see message board personalities translate in to real humans. That's just a funny thought.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Talk about worlds colliding. Face to face would be hilarious. Like "oh, you're not what I was expecting". To see message board personalities translate in to real humans. That's just a funny thought.
I played stick and puck with tarheel once and he looked about like what I imagined. Seemed like a cool Dad too

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Did this to some extent in the early days of '00s during my extensive online chat room addiction hobby. I can't say anyone would have been a big surprise or something completely unexpected in real life.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Did this to some extent in the early days of '00s during my extensive online chat room addiction hobby. I can't say anyone would have been a big surprise or something completely unexpected in real life.

There are two kinds of people on message boards. 1) Those who wouldn't think twice about meeting IRL with people they know from message boards.

and

2) those who would do anything to keep from meeting IRL with people they know from message boards

(I'm probably the latter tbh)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad