GDT: Schoolhouse Rock | Senators @ Hurricanes | 12:00 PM | PNC Arena

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Khudobin reminds me more and more of Tim Thomas. Hopefully we don't have to start Peters Tuesday.

Columbus is due for a loss. We need to get off to a good start or we'll just be screwed. Apparently the Habs are on a slide too.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I agree, but it's a bit of a catch22. He's most effective when he is going to the dirty areas and not giving up on the play. Even against Buffalo that happened a couple of times.

Where I think he needs to dial back a bit is trying to go through/around more than 1 guy and holding onto the puck too long as he get's near the end boards. I think he's done that better, but still tries to beat multiple guys (and succeeds on occasion).

Yeah you're right; When he tries to go through one / multiple guys and gets stood up is where he gets into problems.

And he's not going to be able to do that at the NHL level with success so he really needs to take that out of his playbook.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Hi folks, Buffalo fan stopping by.

You guys must be pretty pleased with your ex-Sabres right now, I suppose.

I always had a soft spot for Gerbe and Sekera was great for us even when no one outside Buffalo acknowledged it, so great to see both of them doing well.

Pretty incredible what a bargain you made with those two, good for you. Don't be mad, however, if we steal your women as compensation, next time we're in town :sarcasm: :naughty:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hi folks, Buffalo fan stopping by.

You guys must be pretty pleased with your ex-Sabres right now, I suppose.

I always had a soft spot for Gerbe and Sekera was great for us even when no one outside Buffalo acknowledged it, so great to see both of them doing well.

Pretty incredible what a bargain you made with those two, good for you. Don't be mad, however, if we steal your women as compensation, next time we're in town :sarcasm: :naughty:

Feel free to take this one off our hands

http://www.cmt.com/videos/misc/995581/party-down-south-taylor.jhtml

https://twitter.com/LilBitSouth

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Or kill it with fire, either or. :sarcasm:

Hey Dave...completely unrelated to the post above...but if you really want a username change, I think North-South Hockey would be a great one.:sarcasm:

That, or Call The Timeout (or something similar).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Hey Dave...completely unrelated to the post above...but if you really want a username change, I think North-South Hockey would be a great one.:sarcasm:

That, or Call The Timeout (or something similar).

Don't think I wouldn't do it. :sarcasm:

No, seriously though, I like the idea of having a possible SN to change to in the bag for the future just in case somebody (likely not from this board) goes off the deep end. Wouldn't be the first time.

Actually "Call The Timeout" would be pretty badass, with this as my avatar to go with it:

Time_out_album_cover.jpg

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Nash didn't get the puck cleanly, so he had to settle it first. That's why he didn't shoot it immediately.

But on that shift, Sekera really reminded me of Pitkanen. Effortlessly skating circles in the offensive end. But while Pitkanen was a bit reluctant to shoot, Sekera doesn't seem to have that problem.

Sabres fan I know: "I hate your team, you guys robbed us again"

Me: "lolwut?"

Him: "You have Sekera and gave us McBain"

Me: "Oh"

Him: "Yeah, and you have Gerbe"

Me: "Oh yeah, we love Gerbe, and Sekera"

Him: "Jerk"

Conversation then turns to football.

Yeah, I'd say they are not too happy about that trade.

I'm sure that conversation went so much better for him.

You: So the Bills...they're still a thing, right?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Who is that? Never heard of her.

http://www.cmt.com/show/party-down-south/cast_member.jhtml?personalityId=16356#moreinfo

Twenty-three-year-old Taylor Wright, known in the house as "Lil Bit," is a cute, country girl who, despite her petite build, isn't afraid to stand her ground and make sure her voice is heard. A native of Rockingham, N.C., Lil Bit loves guns and her Bible -- so much so that she sleeps with one hand on each of those items every night.

You clearly have no love for us in your hearts. I'm sad.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
This team is playing like it wants to make the Playoffs. Which is a good thing, cause if I'm gonna come all the way down there for my birthday this year, I expect to be greeted by Playoff Hockey...

..And a front row seat at The Pit, but that's another story :laugh:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Don't think I wouldn't do it. :sarcasm:

Actually "Call The Timeout" would be pretty badass, with this as my avatar to go with it:

Time_out_album_cover.jpg

Dave, your standing just went up a couple of notches in my book by posting that photo. Time out is one of my favorites and a staple in our house.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I saw this in the Ottawa GDT and thought it was great. Granted, you could make a similar video about the Canes at virtually every game, but still.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Dave, your standing just went up a couple of notches in my book by posting that photo. Time out is one of my favorites and a staple in our house.

Yep, I'm a bit all over the board musically but I'm pretty big into jazz, funk, alternative (mostly late 80s-early/mid 2000s cause gen Xer gonna gen Xer), and prog rock.

Brubeck, Chick Corea, and Pat Metheny are all in pretty strong rotation when I'm doing a brew day.... when I can find my CD collection. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad