GDT: Schlop Schlop Schlop - Oilers at Kongs 8:30PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Previous, less mature iterations of this team would have gotten frustrated by LA's trap, try to force something, and give up scoring chances going the other way. LA is waiting for us to make a mistake, and we aren't giving them much. Good sign for the defensive maturity of this team.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Oilers game?
Only one. The area immediately around isn’t bad. Food trucks set up and the like. It felt oK safe by LA standards. Wouldn’t walk more than a few blocks away from the arena though.

You can smoke weed on the smoking patio off the bar/lounge.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Oof. That's a dagger.

Screenshot_20230404-213559.png

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
So anways...like I was saying in the Kings thread that I accidentally clicked on in the sidebar lmao..

What a far cry this game is from 20 games ago when we used to give up 10 shots in the first 3 minutes, while we waited for our goalie to keep us on life support until we remembered how to skate.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Only one. The area immediately around isn’t bad. Food trucks set up and the like. It felt oK safe by LA standards. Wouldn’t walk more than a few blocks away from the arena though.

You can smoke weed on the smoking patio off the bar/lounge.
That’s good marketing. Smoke weed then go eat the Food Trucks

Reactions: iCanada

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like that the Oilers aren't giving anything to LA either.. but they aren't playing smart offensively.. simplify and shoot when a team seems to have your number and are stifling.

Reactions: Ibanez

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
That was an odd period. We didn’t play to our strengths but holy crap we’re we defending well

The offence will calibrate itself here in the 2nd
Yeah we didn’t give up anything at all really. Most of the game was in the neutral zone.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Anaheim not a good rink?
It doesn't seem to have been updated since it was built in '93, and the finishings look very much early '90s. It's too bright, the food & drink services aren't great. And it's got too many Ducks fans in there.

The location isn't great either - especially compared to LA's rink.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
It’s in Anaheim which is southeast of LA. Pretty safe I stayed in LA and took a train there somehow. Tickets were 50 bucks US lower bowl. Back when the ducks were good like 2010 or so.
I went to San Jose last year for that game Mcdavid scored the gwg from Schmitty. Paid like 100 a ticket for third row corner with Oil attacking twice.... The city is pretty quiet at night with big tech offices but I 'll say flying out of SJC is a dream. So like 200 a pair right off the glass, round trip air non-stop out of seatac... Stayed at the Westin ..ate and drank leisurely for about 1200 all in... I'd do it again probably but stay at like holiday inn express instead of some 4-star that offers zero amenties.

Anaheim would probably be comparable $$ but lax is a zoo and john Wayne is pretty expensive. I could have shown up to SJC 30 minutes before my flight home it was so slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad