GDT: Schlop Schlop Schlop - Oilers at Kongs 8:30PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It’s in Anaheim which is southeast of LA. Pretty safe I stayed in LA and took a train there somehow. Tickets were 50 bucks US lower bowl. Back when the ducks were good like 2010 or so.
So the Anaheim rink must be close?

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
We tried that the first two games we played them and got absolutely owned trying to skate through the wall at the blue line.

That's not how you beat the Kings. The key is patience believe it or not, the Kings are just waiting for the Oilers to make a mistake so don't give it to them. They need to win more puck battles, just not enough "want" in that period.

Yeah LA just plays exactly the type of game that we haven’t had an answer for for as long as I’ve watched hockey. Every team that plays this way seems to have our number. I remember when it was the wild, Phoenix/Arizona, Calgary for a few years, etc.

We overcome it a bit more nowadays that we have Mcdavid and Drai, but for as long as I’ve been a fan, these teams that clog up the neutral zone and just focus on capitalizing on the oilers screw ups have given us issues.
Complete agree that patience is the key against a Trap Team. All it takes is scoring 1st and the Kings will have to abandon the slug style and open up. That’s when this offence can then make them pay, imho.

Rough hockey to watch when it’s so low event though

Reactions: gordonhught

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Sure looks like the king's have been doing a lot of studying on oilers pp. Taking away the side wall back pass, applying pressure at the right time
You beat that style of PK with Bouch bombs and Hyman type effort on rebounds. Just get it in net because they will want to push out to Drai and McD

Reactions: nexttothemoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad