Proposal: Schenn to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Wait, do Canucks fans think they are going to make a trade they like here?

They gave up Nate Schmidt for a third to make room for the OEL/Garland trade which included a first and second. OEL has 14 points in 46 games. Schmidt has 23 points in 45 games.

Dermott and a 3rd is an overpayment for what the Canucks will probably end up accepting.

Schmidt was a $6m player on a cap-strapped team due to Benning's incompetence and also wanted out ASAP.

Schenn is basically on league minimum for this year and next. He has been absolutely incredible value - these situations are not remotely similar. The Canucks have pretty much NO reason to trade Schenn unless it's a massive overpayment - who are they going to find that's better for the same price? They can trade him next year.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Why do the Canucks wanna trade a steady 6th D-man on a Minimum deal for another year for a 3rd round pick?
It makes absolutely no sense, Not to mention he is one of our only Hitters and clear chemistry with Quinn Hughes?

Reactions: quat

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Watch some hockey once in a while
I watch a lot of hockey and I stand by my statement. You may be butt hurt by what I said but the leafs just don’t need Schenn. He doesn’t crack a top 6 on a playoff contender and we don’t need to add the cap or contract.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Oh look another person who has zero idea about our team, Schenn has been fine with Hughes, watch a game bud.
Someone disagrees pull out the watch a game card. :laugh:
I saw cement feet struggle why the Leafs put up 50 plus shots. I’d suggest you should probably watch with someone who understands the game to help you out.

Reactions: Ciao

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I saw cement feet struggle why the Leafs put up 50 plus shots. I’d suggest you should probably watch with someone who understands the game to help you out.
The whole team struggled, hardly a Schenn issue. I mean, Dermott was a healthy scratch, so if we are judging based on 1 game...

No deal to be made here. Canucks will keep their rugged, multiple cup-winning depth dman, and Leafs can keep their twice as expensive healthy scratch that brings nothing to the table.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I watch a lot of hockey and I stand by my statement. You may be butt hurt by what I said but the leafs just don’t need Schenn. He doesn’t crack a top 6 on a playoff contender and we don’t need to add the cap or contract.
I thought this was a discussion about Schenn going to the Leafs? :naughty:

I think the toughness and leadership Schenn brings would be a helpful addition, but I think they'd be wise getting a better overall defender if they want to win a few rounds. Also, given the Canucks situation, whatever they get back in a trade won't cover the loss of those very qualities the Canucks certainly need at this time, being a poorly constructed roster that's been floundering for years.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I think people are going to be surprised by what Schenn goes for.

Why would he go at all? I don't understand why the Canucks would trade a value defensemen who is gelling well with their young puck moving defensemen?

It doesn't make sense for the Canucks to trade him.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

When you say you watch a lot of hockey, does that include the playoffs?

Cause the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup the last two playoffs.

And I'll be damned but Luke Schenn suited up for 19-games en route to winning two Stanley Cups.

Care to explain how he doesn't crack the top six of a playoff contender yet simultaneously cracked the top six of the Cup champion two years in a row?

How exactly does that work?

Reactions: Hoglander

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Whole team looked bad, again he has been fine for us this year as a whole, is he a long term option, no, but he doesn't need to be.

I'm not saying he's a legit 1st pairing Dman either not even close just that I prefer him, sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

I did see those 50 shots against our franchise goaltender. Also saw the Leafs and their annoying chanting fans leave Rogers Arena with their 14 loss in the last 16 games there :)

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Hughes has returned to rookie form this year and Schenn has been the beneficiary. If they lose Schenn they also lose the guy Quinn is playing the best with right now so not sure why the Canucks would trade him until they have another stay at home defenseman with higher upside to replace him with, likely something they look for in the offseason.

Both teams say no.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Hughes has returned to rookie form this year and Schenn has been the beneficiary. If they lose Schenn they also lose the guy Quinn is playing the best with right now so not sure why the Canucks would trade him until they have another stay at home defenseman with higher upside to replace him with, likely something they look for in the offseason.

Both teams say no.
Hughes is much better than he was as a rookie.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
When you say you watch a lot of hockey, does that include the playoffs?

Cause the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup the last two playoffs.

And I'll be damned but Luke Schenn suited up for 19-games en route to winning two Stanley Cups.

Care to explain how he doesn't crack the top six of a playoff contender yet simultaneously cracked the top six of the Cup champion two years in a row?

How exactly does that work?
Pretty simple really, he was the 7th D each year.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Would venture that has something to do with his team never having the puck when he's on the ice.

A little trivia for you...............

Schenn has a +- of +12

Do you know how many Leaf Dmen have a better +- than Schenn?

The answer is ....................

130493840-blaue-nummer-1-auf-wei%C3%9Fem-hintergrund-3d-rendering.jpg

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
A little trivia for you...............

Schenn has a +- of +12

Do you know how many Leaf Dmen have a better +- than Schenn?

The answer is ....................

130493840-blaue-nummer-1-auf-wei%C3%9Fem-hintergrund-3d-rendering.jpg
is that a 1 or a representation of Schenn the pylon when he was with the Leafs lol
All jokes aside I do think he has a role on the Leafs. Now in his career he can be a solid defensive D and we can use that.
I would be ok with a big deal involving Miller and Schenn to the Leafs. Pick any 3 picks or prospects.
Miller-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Kerfoot-Kampf-Kase
Mikheyev-Spezza-Simmonds
Engvall
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Schenn
Sandin-Holl
Lilj

Campbell
Mrazek

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
so if your going to the finals you think your set at D?

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
is that a 1 or a representation of Schenn the pylon when he was with the Leafs lol
All jokes aside I do think he has a role on the Leafs. Now in his career he can be a solid defensive D and we can use that.
I would be ok with a big deal involving Miller and Schenn to the Leafs. Pick any 3 picks or prospects.
Miller-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Kerfoot-Kampf-Kase
Mikheyev-Spezza-Simmonds
Engvall
Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Schenn
Sandin-Holl
Lilj

Campbell
Mrazek

LOL........I like you slipping Miller into that...........LOL

I have tried to find a suitable trade for Miller with Toronto, but man you are thin at the prospect level. Maybe Robertson, but man is he small.

Maybe you guys can come up with a 3 way that we are not seeing..........I don't know, but respectfully we do not want Robertson

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
LOL........I like you slipping Miller into that...........LOL

I have tried to find a suitable trade for Miller with Toronto, but man you are thin at the prospect level. Maybe Robertson, but man is he small.

Maybe you guys can come up with a 3 way that we are not seeing..........I don't know, but respectfully we do not want Robertson
I was thinking guys like Lilj, Knies, Niemela, Amirov etc, IMO all are equal in value to Robertson

Reactions: zcaptain

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Schenn is on a team friendly contract for ANOTHER year after this playing great minutes, standing up for the guys, good defender. No way OP. Wouldnt trade him for a Toronto 1st round pick. Not a chance. And no way the Leafs do that either. I see no trade here

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Hell no.

Hard pass.

Dermott AND 3rd? Wouldn't do either!
you do realize that tml are screwed after this year right? they dont have enough to resign campbell. oilers could easily offer 4.5m per yr and itll be more than what toronto can offer. you have the likes of oilers, avs, yotes, buffalo, etc that have more cap space than toronto has and unless they trade someone like marner for laine and have him sign for 7.5m or less then toronto is going to be stuck with mrazek and probably kosk as goalies. toronto has their hands tied tight this summer, and fans arent really realizing it. any gm will realize this and be like well you want player a with this much value for this cheaper player with lesser value that other gm will be like what are you adding because we all know that your cap locked and needing space. you need to resign mika, kase, engvall, campbell, sandin, liljegren, brooks. and you have only an extra 1.2m getting added to your cap so i mean campbell will easily want atleast 4.5+ per, and mika and kase will want raises as well. youll see how screwed you are come fa

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
you do realize that tml are screwed after this year right? they dont have enough to resign campbell. oilers could easily offer 4.5m per yr and itll be more than what toronto can offer. you have the likes of oilers, avs, yotes, buffalo, etc that have more cap space than toronto has and unless they trade someone like marner for laine and have him sign for 7.5m or less then toronto is going to be stuck with mrazek and probably kosk as goalies. toronto has their hands tied tight this summer, and fans arent really realizing it. any gm will realize this and be like well you want player a with this much value for this cheaper player with lesser value that other gm will be like what are you adding because we all know that your cap locked and needing space. you need to resign mika, kase, engvall, campbell, sandin, liljegren, brooks. and you have only an extra 1.2m getting added to your cap so i mean campbell will easily want atleast 4.5+ per, and mika and kase will want raises as well. youll see how screwed you are come fa

So trade for Miller and Schenn both on very friendly contracts, and move Mariner.........pretty simple really...........

I notice you are from Sherwood Park, you are not a Oilers fan putting fear in these friendly Leaf fans are you? LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad