Proposal: Schenn to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I don't agree.

I'd rather trade Dermott for a 3rd.

How do the Leafs need Schenn vs some other Dman out there?

I think they can do better if they're looking for a serviceable Dman for the playoffs in case of injuries.

Reactions: teddygmr

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
I don't agree.

I'd rather trade Dermott for a 3rd.

How do the Leafs need Schenn vs some other Dman out there?

I think they can do better if they're looking for a serviceable Dman for the playoffs in case of injuries.

Schenn is 4th in hits among Defenceman, you need grit in the playoffs. Leafs don't have any heavy hitting Defenceman.
Untitled.png

Reactions: JKG33

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
already been over this in a previous thread they think or some think we should add a 2nd on top of Dermott because Schenn is playing well with Hughes
seems like VAN wants alot more than than Schenn's true value prob best to just look else where

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
already been over this in a previous thread they think or some think we should add a 2nd on top of Dermott because Schenn is playing well with Hughes
seems like VAN wants alot more than than Schenn's true value prob best to just look else where
A 3rd is the most I would offer Schenn. No reason to add a 2nd, better off going after a better defenceman in that case.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
To Vancouver: Travis Dermott, 3rd round pick

To Toronto: Luke Schenn
This was tried already.
We don’t want Dermott.
We have also established that Leafs fans are babies and we need to let you know that Dermott is a good player and all the tears aren’t necessary.
The nucks just don’t want him and that’s ok.

Schenn has been hitting and smashing his way into Canucks fans hearts and you can’t have him

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
This was tried already.
We don’t want Dermott.
We have also established that Leafs fans are babies and we need to let you know that Dermott is a good player and all the tears aren’t necessary.
The nicks just don’t want him and that’s ok.

Schenn has been hitting and smashing his way into Canucks fans hearts and you can’t have him
You wanted Leivo and and now you want Dermott ok?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Dermot is so vanilla. He needs to show something or Toronto should move on. I'm not the biggest Schenn fan but it doesn't seem to work with Vancouver.

Last edited:

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Dermot is so vanilla. He needs to show something or Toronto should move on. I'm not the biggest Schenn fan but it seems to work with Vancouver.
How does it work with Van?
Th pick is almost as underwhelming as Dermott is as a player.
Schenn is top 5 in hitting and is great with Hughes.
Dermott is neither of those things, and costs more.
Big old pass

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Schenn has another year at near league minimum. I think we keep the better player for now, and trade him next deadline for a 3rd, without taking an unwanted contract back. Add a B prospect or change it to a 2nd, and I'd do it, but not for a late 3rd.

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How does it work with Van?
Th pick is almost as underwhelming as Dermott is as a player.
Schenn is top 5 in hitting and is great with Hughes.
Dermott is neither of those things, and costs more.
Big old pass
I meant to say doesn't work with Vancouver. I'll edit it. Thanks for letting me know i screwed up the post lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paddys Pub

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
There's been a lot of interest in Schenn due to his upswing in play, but you have to consider how much of that is a direct result of playing with Hughes. Hughes is absolutely elite at zone exits, covering for one of Schenn's major weaknesses. He doesn't have to worry about getting the puck out of danger, just has to be a big, physical body and make it difficult for players to get to the front of the net. In return Schenn covers for Hughes' lack of size.

Any team looking to trade for Schenn isn't likely to get the value out of him that Vancouver is right now.

Feb 19, 2018
Keep Dermott. Just turn it to a 2nd instead of a third. With $800,000 near league minimum next year you’re getting great value for next year as well and two playoff runs.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
Guys like Schenn are what the Leafs need as their lineup come playoffs is as soft as butter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad