Post-Game Talk: "Scheifele wins the draw, Ladd shoots it high!" And other ref stories. Jets fall 4-3.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 403*

Just wanna point out, since it seems lost on some people. Just because Pavelec only faced 25 shots doesn't mean he lost us the game. Not all shots are of the same quality.

You're right. What cost us the game was of the 4 goals he allowed 2 were brutal and on him alone, another was iffy and another was on him *and* the defence. Oh and lets not forget a post and a disallowed goal.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
And down the rollercoaster we go. Jets are what they are. Not defensively sound and mad issues with goaltending. I'm not as bummed out as most are here because playoffs were never in reach, sorry. Just glad Scheifele is dominating out there. But I will continue to say this, CHEVY HAS TO DO SOME WORK IN THE OFFSEASON. This team with the pieces they have aren't good enough. Just yikes at the bottom 6 and damn that 3rd d pairing. Maybe ship out some players at the trade deadline, ie SETO while he is at it.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
You don't consider limiting the opposition to 25 shots a good night defensively? Just curious,

Shots aren't the be all and end all of everything. Did you honestly think the defense played well tonight? Enstrom had an average game for him, that's about it.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Meh. I was hoping we'd seen the last of Bad Pavs for awhile.

Pretty sloppy game all around. They say bad officiating evens out over the course of a season so man are we owed one now.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
You don't consider limiting the opposition to 25 shots a good night defensively? Just curious,

lol I'm not really sure how to explain it, yet even if I did, you wouldn't agree. So why ask something that no matter what the answer, you'll just argue against?

Nah he's had a few games like that though. To be expected somewhat in his position though. Nothing he's done looks glaring to me.

Enstrom also struggled early, but I felt he got better as the game went on.

Solid enough game from Stu as well.

One guy went right around him and he played a 3on2 pretty bad in the 3rd where Stuart had to bail him out. Trouba is playing like a bottom pairing defenseman defensively right now. Sure, he's adding points, but his defense is rather lack luster at the moment.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I didn't think anyone had an good game outside of Scheifele and maybe Wheeler, I don't know why everyone is piling this entire loss on Pavelec. I only ever thought the Jets could tie it up when Scheifele was on the ice(and even then, his line had Thorburn on it, the flurry at around the 3:00 mark actually ended because he passed it off the side of the net, not because the Preds stole it)

Pavs was so out of position on every goal against that Maurice should tie him to the net in the next practice ( I would)

White Out 403*

Shots aren't the be all and end all of everything. Did you honestly think the defense played well tonight? Enstrom had an average game for him, that's about it.

I think the D did enough to give us a chance to win. When you limit the other team to 25 shots, and you're goaltender allows 3 weak goals that should never go in I don't mention the D. Not a chance.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
And down the rollercoaster we go. Jets are what they are. Not defensively sound and mad issues with goaltending. I'm not as bummed out as most are here because playoffs were never in reach, sorry. Just glad Scheifele is dominating out there. But I will continue to say this, CHEVY HAS TO DO SOME WORK IN THE OFFSEASON. This team with the pieces they have aren't good enough. Just yikes at the bottom 6 and damn that 3rd d pairing. Maybe ship out some players at the trade deadline, ie SETO while he is at it.

It might be the only way you can ship Seto out is on the waiver wire.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
As others have said, Scheifele is just a pleasure to watch, excelling in every facet of the game.
Seto is the opposite--no defensive instincts, looks indifferent on the ice and his selfish penalty cost us the game. The trade deadline can't come too soon.

jetkarma*

Still played bad.

He didn't play well. He gets lost at times in coverage and positioning, He has hic ups , so did Jones.

He needs these games to learn , his instincts offensively are borderline special , if/when he controls his end and in front of the net better he will be special overall. That will and is coming imo.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Pavelecs play anyone?

Poor Montoya he plays that hard for us last game then sits on the bench.Nice job coach.:handclap:

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I think the D did enough to give us a chance to win. When you limit the other team to 25 shots, and you're goaltender allows 3 weak goals that should never go in I don't mention the D. Not a chance.

Well, they didn't. Pavelec didn't help matters but the defense did not play well either.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
You're right. What cost us the game was of the 4 goals he allowed 2 were brutal and on him alone, another was iffy and another was on him *and* the defence. Oh and lets not forget a post and a disallowed goal.

Hey, if you're counting posts it shoulda been 5-4 Jets!

Someone sounds testy after his date with a dirty hobo.

EDIT: He was interfered with on the disallowed goal.. It's irrelevant.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The Roman Josi goal was really on the defense and I can't fault Pavelec for that one.

Otherwise all the other ones he had a hand in and some in a majorly disappointing fashion.

White Out 403*

:biglaugh: As if Montoya is any better...

He has been this season. Or do you find that laughable too? Do you often throw an apple in the air and laugh at gravity, mockingly disbelieving it?

In all seriousness he simply has been better. Further, what could possibly go wrong with splitting starts? What has pavelec done in 4 years that a run of the mill backup couldnt?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
:biglaugh: As if Montoya is any better...

His stats say otherwise.

Better in every single category. Small sample size, but it's all we've got as we insist on trying out the guy who let's in around 3 goals in every single game.

Actually you know what screw sample size. Montoya has MORE games with 1 goal or less let in than Pavelec. He doesn't even need more games to prove he's better at this point. Pavelec needs more games to prove HE'S better for ****'s sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad