GDT: Scheduled Loss vs Rangers? Put coal in the Rangers stockings instead. - Edm v NYR - 5:30 PM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Wheres the like post you old dried up turd. I Need one more for 51K. ;)

Great movie, one of my faves that one. Who would know? heh

You can be my tutor. I can't get gifs going around here now to save my street cred. ..

:monkey::m-cool:
I would but I went to the mains about 6 weeks ago and from then on my button hasn’t worked.

But watch out after Boxing Day. It will be like Oprah…you get a like, you get a like, you get a like…!

PS- I’m going to watch Gran Torino over the Christmas holidays. Great show and my Dad had a black one (1975) like the one in the movie. Ah, Memories. Thanks @Stoneman89 for the reminder

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
:cheers:

There you go, a like for 51k
Its kind of funny and amazing that we're the two posters with all our like buttons still intact. hehe Thanks much. I always like the odometer switching over. Gotta drive around the block if its 9999 something...heh

Sad your pass from alberta hospital expires before game time, you’ll never know
Work on your humor. This is the worst. Needs to be said.

• Love
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I would but I went to the mains about 6 weeks ago and from then on my button hasn’t worked.

But watch out after Boxing Day. It will be like Oprah…you get a like, you get a like, you get a like…!

PS- I’m going to watch Gran Torino over the Christmas holidays. Great show and my Dad had a black one (1975) like the one in the movie. Ah, Memories. Thanks @Stoneman89 for the reminder
My dad teased me when I was a kid as he test drove a buncha cool cars including a Ford galaxy and a Gran Torino and I'm like 5yrs old in the backseat and saying "buy it dad, buy it dad, buy it dad" thinking about how great it would be to roll around in a family vehicle, new, that wasn't a pos. But dad can't haggle the price down so he buys a f***ing Studebaker instead.. f***ing awful thing that broke down whenever it could. Often while we were travelling to the mountains. It was like an edsel, and ugly too. Strangely though a lot of people liked them and it had its following at the time. It was f***ing Cherry Red. We felt like lepers in that car, the whole family. least we had wheels I guess.

I remember when we drove the studebaker home to show mom it was like National Vacation family roadster, except tiny and small. Vacays were compressed and with all the camping gear, tent etc packed high. you'd think a small car could at least be good on gas. he may as well have bought a Volkswagon bug. Be more popular..

Then I move out of home and dad starts getting cool buying tricked out boogie vans...so that the bricklaying crew could have a place to drink at work on a friday... Things were way different back then.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
1703286455987.png

• Haha
Reactions: ZJuice

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Quick in his career against the Oilers is 25-11-6 with a .922 SV%, 2.13 GAA and 4 shutouts. Oilers blew him up in the playoffs a couple seasons ago, but he has this team's number in the reg. season. Hoping to subvert that narrative tonight.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Quick in his career against the Oilers is 25-11-6 with a .922 SV%, 2.13 GAA and 4 shutouts. Oilers blew him up in the playoffs a couple seasons ago, but he has this team's number in the reg. season. Hoping to subvert that narrative tonight.

I'm pretty sure he is STILL pissed off about the Yak slide.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I wanna see Drai have a 5 point game, he needs a big surge in confidence. It’s odd not having McDrai as #1/2 in scoring at this point
Gonna need a handful of 4/5 point games for either if them to catch up to Kuch....hes on fire right now.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Holy Crap that's amazing on so many levels!

He better damn well be. He was apparently pissed about being healthy scratched, but you're paid to produce man. He can, and needs to play better.
Not directed at you but WTF did he expect?

He’s a 4 mil bonus baby with ZERO production this year. I hope he was so pissed that he comes out gets a hat trick tonight. Then he can follow that up by producing on a more regular basis and then people will cut him some slack.

Until then don’t get mad at the coaches, be mad at your own production and performance.

Reactions: McBooya42

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I’m hoping for a 3 point game in the standings and an Oiler win. This should be good.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Its got to do with the personality of Quick. The players in LA still loved him. But mostly due to what he once was. Quick was awful in LA for most of the time his later seasons and would have tons of games a year where he would just lay down. Was hard for a team to even be in a game some nights. It was like the Skinner game against Tampa on some nights. Quick rolling around the ice like a fish with the goal light flashing.

For some reason it just wasn't working out there and a player has to be challenged, has to be pushed to the brink, and that just wasn't happening in LA and Quick had blanket support there, even to be terrible. He resurrected a couple times in playoffs but it was hard for LA teams to even get there with him in net.

What we're seeing now is some swan song from a goalie that still can, but that lost some of his drive for some reason. Maybe sated in LA. Not sure what it was.

Quick also has this real irritating goalie thing in recent years where if the players in front are giving up too much he just folds. Says f*** it. Hopefully we see that version tonight.
He is a fun one to watch with his insane flexibility though

With that said, let’s score on him and score often.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad