GDT: Scheduled Loss vs Rangers? Put coal in the Rangers stockings instead. - Edm v NYR - 5:30 PM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Ok this has to be mentioned. Just going over all the Pickard games played. Get this. In 5 games he's faced NJ twice, Florida twice, and Carolina once. Thats a murderers row of games. He's getting the hard games only and he's got every stat better than Skinner so far. With the much harder assignments. Please, please play Pickard more after Christmas. Wonder what he would even do against some weaker clubs. He hasn't seen a minute of that yet.

Yes, people will continue to say short sample. But whats the guy supposed to do. He's been quality so far and deserving more looks. Even his save % dipping under last night is not reflective. He was solid. He erased a breakaway, He made enough stops and the ones that got by him were pretty good chances. Maybe one back with better reflexes but he's at least average, and average is better than poor in net.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Looks like Quick tonight. Time for Oilers to give him his first regulation loss.

Francois Allaire must be a god. I thought Quick was such a dumb signing by them.
Its got to do with the personality of Quick. The players in LA still loved him. But mostly due to what he once was. Quick was awful in LA for most of the time his later seasons and would have tons of games a year where he would just lay down. Was hard for a team to even be in a game some nights. It was like the Skinner game against Tampa on some nights. Quick rolling around the ice like a fish with the goal light flashing.

For some reason it just wasn't working out there and a player has to be challenged, has to be pushed to the brink, and that just wasn't happening in LA and Quick had blanket support there, even to be terrible. He resurrected a couple times in playoffs but it was hard for LA teams to even get there with him in net.

What we're seeing now is some swan song from a goalie that still can, but that lost some of his drive for some reason. Maybe sated in LA. Not sure what it was.

Quick also has this real irritating goalie thing in recent years where if the players in front are giving up too much he just folds. Says f*** it. Hopefully we see that version tonight.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Ok this has to be mentioned. Just going over all the Pickard games played. Get this. In 5 games he's faced NJ twice, Florida twice, and Carolina once. Thats a murderers row of games. He's getting the hard games only and he's got every stat better than Skinner so far. With the much harder assignments. Please, please play Pickard more after Christmas. Wonder what he would even do against some weaker clubs. He hasn't seen a minute of that yet.

Yes, people will continue to say short sample. But whats the guy supposed to do. He's been quality so far and deserving more looks. Even his save % dipping under last night is not reflective. He was solid. He erased a breakaway, He made enough stops and the ones that got by him were pretty good chances. Maybe one back with better reflexes but he's at least average, and average is better than poor in net.
By my eye he stops what he should and doesn't leak shots. He doesn't have the elite skill, but relies on positioning, anticipation and experience.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I hate your generic “holiday season” references. Merry Christmas you old bastard.

Same to you, you old miserable prick.

:grinch: :xsign: :xcheers:
3Ceen6Gj6OSb0F3eEeiheAIqpzA.jpg

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
This is definitely a scheduled loss for the Oilers & their first such of the season.
1. They're on the backend of a back to back where the home team is at home waiting for them.
2. 3rd game in 4 nights.
3. Last game of a road trip. I'll even throw in last game before the Xmas break which, IMO, makes it even worse than just a routine road trip.
4. The back-up goalie is playing. I'm saying this because the coaching staff decided which game was the winnable 1 & set the goaltending rotation accordingly against conventional wisdom.

Holland may have even told the coaching staff to set it up this way to find out if this team has any belief left, especially in Skinner. They don't even have to win to show that but they can't just lay down & accept the loss like most teams do in this situation.

& don't come at me like this "schedule loss" thing isn't a real thing because I know, within these parameters, it's the best betting scenario in all of pro sports.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Watch Brown draw back in...
Ryan didn't look too good at the end of the game, he got absolutely belted in a pretty vulnerable position. Not that Jack or Louie cared to say anything about it.

If Brown does draw in I bet it's Ryan coming out. He's gotten cranked a few times in the last week or so.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Not happening with skinner in net. Even if he plays well enough he will let in some back breaking goal. But a more obvious answer is he will let in 4 on 15 shots. too bad it wasn’t back to back. If not pickard probably gets the call.

Reactions: OILLIO

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Not happening with skinner in net. Even if he plays well enough he will let in some back breaking goal. But a more obvious answer is he will let in 4 on 15 shots. too bad it wasn’t back to back. If not pickard probably gets the call.
Blah. This is not the proper attitude.

How about the Oilers play well and everyone has a Merry Christmas?

That is better than this 4 goals in 15 shots baloney.

Reactions: Kepler 186f

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I wanna see Drai have a 5 point game, he needs a big surge in confidence. It’s odd not having McDrai as #1/2 in scoring at this point

Reactions: stewy04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad