Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Man, I am going to be sad when some idiot team offers Bennett 7Mx7Y in next year's free agency. He is awesome

It will be interesting to see what Zito prioritizes. Sam is an identity player who is also a top 6 guy - those are very hard to find. We could offer him something like 5.5M x 8 and he would probably stay. But the term could come back and bite us since he's injured quite a lot. Then there's the Lundell situation which make Sam somewhat of a luxury. He's such a unique player though, Zito has a tough call to make.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
It will be interesting to see what Zito prioritizes. Sam is an identity player who is also a top 6 guy - those are very hard to find. We could offer him something like 5.5M x 8 and he would probably stay. But the term could come back and bite us since he's injured quite a lot. Then there's the Lundell situation which make Sam somewhat of a luxury. He's such a unique player though, Zito has a tough call to make.

Definitely a tough situation even if Bennett is willing to sacrifice AAV for term.
I feel like if he signs for 5.5mil it's worth it. If Lundell finally grows to be a legit #2 center, Bennett still has value and can run the 3rd line and be a key depth guy in the playoffs.
Long term it may suck, but I'm content with the Panthers on legacy contracts in 5 years after this run we've had. Especially since this chapter isn't quite over yet.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Definitely a tough situation even if Bennett is willing to sacrifice AAV for term.
I feel like if he signs for 5.5mil it's worth it. If Lundell finally grows to be a legit #2 center, Bennett still has value and can run the 3rd line and be a key depth guy in the playoffs.
Long term it may suck, but I'm content with the Panthers on legacy contracts in 5 years after this run we've had. Especially since this chapter isn't quite over yet

Yeah and having great center depth seems essential. For me Lundell still has to show he can produce like a 2C, one playoff run isn't big enough sample. Although it seems that he got paid with the idea that it's his role soon enough.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Gotta share this. Man did Barky put on a clinic against the Rangers what a beast all over the ice. If he just had a little more killer instinct when shooting the puck...
If there is one thing I am pissed about in these POs is MacD winning the Conn Smythe over Barky and Bob

Edit: gotta add this. What a captain and all around player. So happy we get many more years of this

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1721778590383.png

Holy shit how?

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Is Barkov actually 6'3"? By comparison, he seems almost as tall as Mikkola here (6'5) and a little taller than Luosty (6'3"). Lundell is supposed to be 6'1.

Granted, shoes/ positioning/ posture could be misleading.

Reactions: MaWa and KW

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Days have been busy in Japan so haven’t snapped too many pics of me with my champs gear that I packed but I tried to get at least a couple. Had to represent the champions…that’ll never get old to say :D
IMG_6048.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

IMG_6086.jpeg

Edit: oh, and I got engaged here last night. Forgot to mention that part :laugh: 2024 has been the greatest year of my life (so far). Panthers somehow winning a Stanley cup, we bought our house, finally visited Japan for the first time, got engaged. It’ll be hard to beat that

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Days have been busy in Japan so haven’t snapped too many pics of me with my champs gear that I packed but I tried to get at least a couple. Had to represent the champions…that’ll never get old to say :D
View attachment 896766
View attachment 896763
View attachment 896764

Edit: oh, and I got engaged here last night. Forgot to mention that part :laugh: 2024 has been the greatest year of my life (so far). Panthers somehow winning a Stanley cup, we bought our house, finally visited Japan for the first time, got engaged. It’ll be hard to beat that
The day you meet me will be better than anything you went through this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad