Jul 13, 2013
CBJ is definitely not my 3rd favorite team but overall not bad

Attachments

• rankings-2024-07-10T05-35-19-303Z.png
    rankings-2024-07-10T05-35-19-303Z.png
    294.9 KB · Views: 4

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
That was a great interview. Kompon gets a lot of hate cause the PP sucks, but he's not going anywhere. Hoping they bring a PP coach or maybe it's just the personnel wasn't right.
the PP was pretty damn good for the majority of the RS. It's just when Reinhart wasn't scoring at an insane pace and other teams figured their set up, they didn't really have much else.

Statistically, our PP has been top 10 in the league for 2 seasons with mostly the same personnel. It's never gonna be a top 5 PP unless we find a true PPQB or elite shooter (Verhaeghe is but for whatever reason isn't as good on the PP) and that's fine, we don't need it to be.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
the PP was pretty damn good for the majority of the RS. It's just when Reinhart wasn't scoring at an insane pace and other teams figured their set up, they didn't really have much else.

Statistically, our PP has been top 10 in the league for 2 seasons with mostly the same personnel. It's never gonna be a top 5 PP unless we find a true PPQB or elite shooter (Verhaeghe is but for whatever reason isn't as good on the PP) and that's fine, we don't need it to be.
Till like end of december it was worse than the sharks powerplay
Then it was so good we became like top 5 until like march where it became abysmal again
In the playoffs it was again terrible outside of two games (boston massacre game 2 and rangers game 4)

We gave up like 5 or 6 shorthanded goals these playoffs and got outscored on it in the finals.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I'm curious to see what our Stanley Cup rings look like. I would prefer to see the leaping cat, but I don't think that is going to happen. Any ideas of when we will see them?

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
Till like end of december it was worse than the sharks powerplay
Then it was so good we became like top 5 until like march where it became abysmal again
In the playoffs it was again terrible outside of two games (boston massacre game 2 and rangers game 4)

We gave up like 5 or 6 shorthanded goals these playoffs and got outscored on it in the finals.
It seemed to me that we became very predictable and when teams took away Reinhardt we didn’t make adjustments. At times there was nobody in front of the net screening the goalie & we were shooting at the goalies chest. Also, IMO not enough said about the Oilers penalty kill.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
It seemed to me that we became very predictable and when teams took away Reinhardt we didn’t make adjustments. At times there was nobody in front of the net screening the goalie & we were shooting at the goalies chest. Also, IMO not enough said about the Oilers penalty kill.
Oilers, rangers, and boston had fantastic PKs as did us.

However at times we simply were beating ourselves with sloppy passes, noone getting to the net, or the dman just shooting some off target shot and losing possession. Montour was terrible on it for a while and it took until game 6 of the finals for oel to be put on it, which at least stopped the SHG bleeding. I wonder if someone has a stat for how many pp goals we scored off the rush instead of setting up in the zone.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Oilers, rangers, and boston had fantastic PKs as did us.

However at times we simply were beating ourselves with sloppy passes, noone getting to the net, or the dman just shooting some off target shot and losing possession. Montour was terrible on it for a while and it took until game 6 of the finals for oel to be put on it, which at least stopped the SHG bleeding. I wonder if someone has a stat for how many pp goals we scored off the rush instead of setting up in the zone.
Yeah when a good PK is motivated, obviously it’s much more likely they stop the PP than that the PP scores. For numbers sake, if a PP is 20% effective then they score 1 out of 5 times and they’re stopped 4 out of 5 times so the PK is 4x more successful.

And you’re right that against a good/motivated PK, you got to get pucks to the net. For the guys at the blue line or the shooter that’s the most important thing. Avoid the blocks so you have a chance down low AND you don’t give up breakaways.

Judging by the highlights, Boquist was pretty good at that… but it wasn’t against particularly noteworthy PK so who knows. Anyway, I expected more from Monty in the playoffs on PP.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I said this at the time, Boston Pizza man actually made a good trade for the Flames, the issue is, the Panthers were better than the Flames and Hubs and Weegar couldn't get it done, why would you commit to them? If he traded both at the TDL in 2022 he could have Calgary already nearing the end of their rebuild lol.

Weegar has been really good for the Flames. He was actually really good for us for the most part. Huberdeau contract is the problem. Weegars is currently very good value.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Does anyone know if a hi-res version of this photo exist? It’s hard to imagine that there isn’t a digital hi-res version of it somewhere but I can’t find one anywhere. Theres a couple different angles of this shot but I like this one in particular
IMG_5774.jpeg

I want to get a giant canvas print done of it but I have a feeling it’s going to come out super washed out

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Does anyone know if a hi-res version of this photo exist? It’s hard to imagine that there isn’t a digital hi-res version of it somewhere but I can’t find one anywhere. Theres a couple different angles of this shot but I like this one in particular
View attachment 894052
I want to get a giant canvas print done of it but I have a feeling it’s going to come out super washed out
I reverse image searched and this was the biggest one I could find.

pantherscupchampsphototeam.jpg

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
View attachment 894052

I noticed fanatics is selling this, but PoMo (and maybe a couple others) is cut off from the left side, so I decided not to get it

Edit: oh yeah ^ Zito too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad