Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Meanwhile Barkov shuts down all the top scorers. Kucherov, Pastrnak, Panarin, Drai, and McDavid were five of the top seven in points this season, all completely shut-down with Barkov on the ice. They scored no goals and 4 assists (2 primary, 2 secondary) total against him at 5v5. That's insane.

This is actually beyond words insane. All of them are the supposed superstars and most hyped guys in the league, people who do 100p+ seasons like it's nothing. The amount of minutes they've played against barkov when the stakes are highest, and net result is under 1 assist per playoffs per superstar is something we haven't seen (pls tell me if I'm wrong) ever.

He still is flying under the masses' radar. I reckon he is top3 player to build a franchise around in the world.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
By the Way something complete different, i search for a Stanley Cup Champion Emplem, for my Jersey.
Like we get 2023 and the 2023 Allstar Game.
Did anyone find someone, or know where to get. Or someone can ask if they will be available.
Like they wearing it on the Jersey.

FloridaMan

May 24, 2024
This is actually beyond words insane. All of them are the supposed superstars and most hyped guys in the league, people who do 100p+ seasons like it's nothing. The amount of minutes they've played against barkov when the stakes are highest, and net result is under 1 assist per playoffs per superstar is something we haven't seen (pls tell me if I'm wrong) ever.

He still is flying under the masses' radar. I reckon he is top3 player to build a franchise around in the world.

On the Sportsnet show the day after the Panthers won the cup, Bourne mentioned how Barky shut down every star player in the playoffs, and Kyper said that if Barky played in Canada, the statue would be finished by now.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
It's just the narrative and points are easy to count without taking into account context. McDavid put up 12 points against Cam Talbot and Dave Rittich, then the next round Demko is hurt and they go up against Silovs. I mean c'mon, we went through Vasilevski, Swayman, and then Shesterkin. It's not even comparable.

In the Finals? Two primary assists while they go down 3-0 to start the series. Puts up 4 points in the 8-1, but that's after they were already up 3-1. Game 5 he gets an empty net. Game 6/7 are zeroes.

Meanwhile Barkov shuts down all the top scorers. Kucherov, Pastrnak, Panarin, Drai, and McDavid were five of the top seven in points this season, all completely shut-down with Barkov on the ice. They scored no goals and 4 assists (2 primary, 2 secondary) total against him at 5v5. That's insane.

Obviously would be hard to compare against any historical precedent, but that's gotta be one of the all-time best defensive performances in any playoffs ever.
Let's not forget Forsling's role in all this either. Idk what the numbers look like with him on the ice, but he made a lot of defensive plays that went under the radar (just like Barkov).

And ofc, can't forget Ekblad's contribution either :naughty:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Let's not forget Forsling's role in all this either. Idk what the numbers look like with him on the ice, but he made a lot of defensive plays that went under the radar (just like Barkov).

And ofc, can't forget Ekblad's contribution either :naughty:

For sure Fors was important to containing those players as well and he contributed some key goals too, but I'd say Barkov's totality of work and his direct responsibility for containing these guys was more the main contributor. Kind of like how McDavid doesn't just score on an island, he still needs competent finishers and passers.

FloridaMan

May 24, 2024
How the f*** is this man gonna be alive for chicken in 3 hours?

These party pics are incredible, but I know I wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a place like that now without a massive headache/panic attack lmao

That guy? How about this guy! 🤣🤣🤣

GRERwjkXgAEIwol.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad