The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
[BUF/CAR] Noah Ostlund, Peyton Krebs, and Henri Jokiharju for Martin Necas and Jack Drury
[BUF/WPG] Alex Iafallo for a 2026 3rd
[BUF/DAL] Radek Faksa for a 2025 4th (MIN)

RFAs
- Martin Necas - 3 x $7M
- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen - 4 x $4.5M
- Beck Malenstyn - 3 x $1.75M
- Jack Drury - 2 x $1.5M
- Jacob Bryson - 1 x $1M (Not qualified)

UFAs
- Brenden Dillon - 2 x $3M
- Kevin Lankinen - 1 x $1.5M
- A.J. Greer - 1 x $800K

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Necas - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - Drury - Iafallo
Greenway - Faksa - Malenstyn
x Greer, Rousek

Byram - Dahlin
Samuelsson - Power
Dillon - Clifton
x Bryson

Luukkonen / Lankinen

Cap Space: $2,024,485

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
[BUF/CAR] Noah Ostlund, Peyton Krebs, and Henri Jokiharju for Martin Necas and Jack Drury

RFAs
- Martin Necas - 3 x $7M
- Jacob Bryson - 1 x $1M

UFAs
- A.J. Greer - 1 x $800K

Necas - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - Drury - Iafallo
x Greer, Rousek

Byram - Dahlin
Samuelsson - Power
Dillon - Clifton
x Bryson

Luukkonen / Lankinen
It’s just crazy to me. How do people think we’re doing anything with a backend this young? Sure, eventually, but not now.

Dahlin -24
Power - 21
Byram- 23
Sammy- 24

UPL - 25

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I could get behind every transaction the team makes as long as I can believe that some kind of, well, vision is too strong a word, but at least plan or overarching strategy is in place.

Right now I don't see it, just a bunch of stuff being done. I could be wrong of course and hopefully I am.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I don't disagree, I just don't think there will be meaningful change. I tried to focus on moves that I think could/might happen.
We’ll be very good eventually but we would need to have patience. Patience is not a word fans want to hear. We’re close. I do think we have the assets to add a good veteran defenseman to our youth. Emphasis on good veteran! Why not build the best defensive unit in hockey? Adding a solid veteran top 4 to this group could put us at the top of the NHL next year. Someone consistently good and plays 20+ minutes, doesn’t have to be a top pair guy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

RFAs
- Martin Necas - 3 x $7M
- Jack Drury - 2 x $1.5M
- Jacob Bryson - 1 x $1M (Not qualified)

UFAs
- A.J. Greer - 1 x $800K

Necas - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - Drury - Iafallo
x Greer, Rousek

Byram - Dahlin
Samuelsson - Power
Dillon - Clifton
x Bryson

Luukkonen / Lankinen

Cap Space: $2,024,485

That package for Necas and Drury is very very light.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
LETS OVERPAY FOR FAKSA MAKE THEM AN OFFER THEY CANT REFUSE GIVE THEM ALL THE SECONDS!!!

Sherwood and A. Carrier as our "prime" FA signings
Aube-Kubel and Tierney as our "sub-prime" FA signings

Rosen/Kulich/Savoie fight for the 14th spot (not literally the 14th spot, the open forward spot.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1719704885576.png

The Pegula dream! a couple of 1 million dollar 4th liners, and bam! 73 million dollar payroll.

Buy your season tickets now!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
And in the same breath (more or less) he said that his focus was on the bottom 6, becoming harder to play against and heavier defensive depth.

He never once mentioned anything about a top 6 forward.
He talked about improving the team - with the other teams in the division improving as well, he can’t just improve a little bit and expect to make the playoffs.

I’d say so far we’re in a worse position than last season
It’s just crazy to me. How do people think we’re doing anything with a backend this young? Sure, eventually, but not now.

Dahlin -24
Power - 21
Byram- 23
Sammy- 24

UPL - 25
Adams said he ignores actual age and goes by “NHL age” instead - number of NHL games played.

He’s a moron who is bad at his job.

View attachment 889739

The Pegula dream! a couple of 1 million dollar 4th liners, and bam! 73 million dollar payroll.

Buy for season tickets now!!
You forgot to mention that the only reason the team sucked was Granato (sarcasm)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I dont even care about the Washington trade because I feel it will be sneaky good for us.

The rest of the last few days has left me with next to zero faith in adams or where we are going. Free agency better be a whirlwind for us for the last few months of wanting and wishing will once again for be for nothing. Might as well bring back jost and hagg now because that's about where my expectations level is...

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
He talked about improving the team - with the other teams in the division improving as well, he can’t just improve a little bit and expect to make the playoffs.

We definitely are even without Skinner, his WAR is like 80% yes he might be a black hole defensively but his production wins us more games than his defense costs us.

I wish more people understood this

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He didn’t use those exact words but admitted they’ll continue to be the youngest team in the league but doesnt want to use it as an excuse anymore because they’re not young when you count the number of games theyve played.
Oh boy. I feel like we’re missing a few good veteran players. I guess eventually the young guys we have will be those good veteran players. We’ve had no one over 27 that is good at hockey. Well Skinner, but people tell me he was bad. I guess Tuch will be next year.

Maybe I’m just looking at this wrong. I feel like we need some good veterans. I guess they don’t want to come here.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

I feel the same. We are about the same team minus skinner. NJ and Ottawa fixed their goaltending and they are teams we will need to fight to make playoffs. It looks bleak.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 8.26.03 PM.png

So I gave pretty standard RFA deals (Joker 1 year, 4M, Malenstyn 3x 2M, UPL 3x 5M, Bryson 1 year, 1.25M, Krebs 2x1.75). I promoted Rousek as a holding spot for a 13th F

You. have about 16M with 3 spots (2 RW, 1C)

I'm assuming you can find a vet RW for the 4th line at around 2M.

So 14M for 2 spots. (3C and top 6 RW) Realistically, you can do 1 long term deal and 1 short term deal without causing too much pain. I think your ideal would be the short term to be a 1 year rental/one year contract and then you can do the long term deal as long as you want.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I feel the same. We are about the same team minus skinner. NJ and Ottawa fixed their goaltending and they are teams we will need to fight to make playoffs. It looks bleak.
And remember the only reason we weren’t a bottom 5 team was because our goalie went on a roll for the first time in his life. Is Adams assuming he’ll have that level of goaltending next season too? He shouldn’t be.

View attachment 889756

So I gave pretty standard RFA deals (Joker 1 year, 4M, Malenstyn 3x 2M, UPL 3x 5M, Bryson 1 year, 1.25M, Krebs 2x1.75). I promoted Rousek as a holding spot for a 13th F

You. have about 16M with 3 spots (2 RW, 1C)

I'm assuming you can find a vet RW for the 4th line at around 2M.

So 14M for 2 spots. (3C and top 6 RW) Realistically, you can do 1 long term deal and 1 short term deal without causing too much pain. I think your ideal would be the short term to be a 1 year rental/one year contract and then you can do the long term deal as long as you want.
You can’t use all $14m unless a decent chunk of that is a one-year deal because many players will need a raise next season, and Skinner’s dead cap will be larger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad