Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Looking through the list of teams, and knowing we could only end up playing one from the West, it’s hard to argue a tougher road to the Cup than what the Panthers went through.

From the Atlantic, they faced Tampa and Boston. Would Toronto have been tougher than either of those? I doubt it. Had it been Toronto and Boston, that’s about the same.

From the Metropolitan, Rangers were the obvious ones to beat. No argument to say Carolina would have been harder, but they’d be the only other really tough one.

From the west, the list is Avalanche, Vegas, Dallas, Vancouver, Edmonton. This year the Avs didn’t have the depth so not them. Vancouver would have been easier than Oilers as well. Obviously the Oilers over Dallas because the Stars had injuries. So it’s really, would Vegas have been tougher than Oilers? That one I don’t know, maybe.

In any case, we didn’t luck into the Cup. It was hard fought, taken not handed, and completely deserved!!

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
2023: Carolina didn't get swept even though they lost 4-0 according to Rod

2024: Edmonton deserved this cup more than Florida according to some EDM fans

Also Edmonton: proceed to score 1 goal on a deciding game 7 after coming back from 3-0. Was it McDrai? No. Game 7 not being a donut was all in the hands of Mattias f***ing Janmark:laugh:

Best week ever so far man!

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Whos going to the parade? Im leaving my house at 8:30-9am Sunday and im taking an Uber there with my wife. Im not dealing with parking/driving around there with that shit going on. Hope the weather is nice.
been meaning to post something about a meetup, got sidetracked
Ill be there, i think @ShootIt too

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Whos going to the parade? Im leaving my house at 8:30-9am Sunday and im taking an Uber there with my wife. Im not dealing with parking/driving around there with that shit going on. Hope the weather is nice.

I don't think I will be able to make it, but you're absolutely correct to take Uber or -- better yet -- a yellow Cab :D

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
1719428363986.png

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Where are Bob, Kulikov, Lomberg, Swaggy to name a few ? Havent seen them in any celebrations since the lockerroom.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I totally forgot to post this. Our finns called finnish radio show in the middle of the night ;) A tradtion for finnish stanley cup winners

Used google translate.. too lazy

The Finnish trio of the Florida Panthers, celebrating the NHL championship, or the Stanley Cup, kept up the tradition, which includes calling the radio station in the middle of the party buzz.

The tradition was continued by Niko Mikkola, who called Radio Suomipop's Aamulypsy program from the kitchen of his neighboring bar together with Aleksander Barkov and Anton Lundell.

At that point, the trio were moving with the same eyes, so to speak.

– Zero minutes of sleep at least and partying, captain Barkov summed up the time after the championship.

–  A lot of upper body work done with Stanley Cup and had fun.

The fourth Finn, Eetu Luostarinen, played in the Panthers' champion team. However, he could not be reached.

- I have to say that Luostarinen has already dropped out of the fair at this point, Lundell revealed.

Anton Lundell would like to celebrate with the Stanley Cup at "Nordis", i.e. the ice rink in Helsinki.

According to Mikkola, the champions planned to head to Miami the next day. The Panthers are based north of Miami in Sunrise, near Fort Lauderdale.

-  Nothing but Juti's words let's move on for a few days. On Sunday we have a parade. Here's a week to get what was done and enjoy it, Mikkola added.

Barkov, who is known as a conscientious trainee, was asked if the party will be short as the new training season approaches.

-  You can take steps with that cup while walking around Tampere, Barkov replied.

Lundell, who moved from HIFK to the Panthers for the 2021-2022 season, hoped to celebrate with the Stanley Cup in his former home cave at "Nordis", the Helsinki ice rink.

-  The Canada Cup has not been in the Stadium for a little while, but now I can at least bring the Stanley Cup to the Stadium after a short break, Lundell said.

Niko Mikkola, who moved to North America through KKP, Kärppie, KalPa, Hoki and Tappara, plans to celebrate with the Stanley Cup in Oulu. Photo: Sam Navarro/USA Today Sports

Winning the Stanley Cup has been Barkov's dream and goal since he was a little boy.

–  You still don't really realize how big a deal it is, but you realize that it's real. It's a great feeling and when you still get to lift it with these other Finns, it's incredible, he said.

Last edited:

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I totally forgot to post this. Our finns called finnish radio show in the middle of the night ;) A tradtion for finnish stanley cup winners

Used google translate.. too lazy

The Finnish trio of the Florida Panthers, celebrating the NHL championship, or the Stanley Cup, kept up the tradition, which includes calling the radio station in the middle of the party buzz.

The tradition was continued by Niko Mikkola, who called Radio Suomipop's Aamulypsy program from the kitchen of his neighboring bar together with Aleksander Barkov and Anton Lundell.

At that point, the trio were moving with the same eyes, so to speak.

– Zero minutes of sleep at least and partying, captain Barkov summed up the time after the championship.

–  A lot of upper body work done with Stanley Cup and had fun.

The fourth Finn, Eetu Luostarinen, played in the Panthers' champion team. However, he could not be reached.

- I have to say that Luostarinen has already dropped out of the fair at this point, Lundell revealed.

Anton Lundell would like to celebrate with the Stanley Cup at "Nordis", i.e. the ice rink in Helsinki.

According to Mikkola, the champions planned to head to Miami the next day. The Panthers are based north of Miami in Sunrise, near Fort Lauderdale.

-  Nothing but Juti's words let's move on for a few days. On Sunday we have a parade. Here's a week to get what was done and enjoy it, Mikkola added.

Barkov, who is known as a conscientious trainee, was asked if the party will be short as the new training season approaches.

-  You can take steps with that cup while walking around Tampere, Barkov replied.

Lundell, who moved from HIFK to the Panthers for the 2021-2022 season, hoped to celebrate with the Stanley Cup in his former home cave at "Nordis", the Helsinki ice rink.

-  The Canada Cup has not been in the Stadium for a little while, but now I can at least bring the Stanley Cup to the Stadium after a short break, Lundell said.

Niko Mikkola, who moved to North America through KKP, Kärppie, KalPa, Hoki and Tappara, plans to celebrate with the Stanley Cup in Oulu. Photo: Sam Navarro/USA Today Sports

Winning the Stanley Cup has been Barkov's dream and goal since he was a little boy.

–  You still don't really realize how big a deal it is, but you realize that it's real. It's a great feeling and when you still get to lift it with these other Finns, it's incredible, he said.

Thanks

d64f6038a5849a31279ce97358240d97.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad