GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
gamblers don't seem to be favoring the oilers at all in this one. Last game more people were hopeful that the oilers could get a win. Odds are pretty even which is rare for a must win home team game.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
I really don't get it. I mean, I guess for the atmosphere but to pay to go and sit there and watch a tv and pay for overpriced food and drinks (again the game is not even there) and wait in lines for the bathrooms.

I'll take my own couch with my own snacks and my own bathroom
it's the memories that you get. It is definitely better than being home alone watching it.

Reactions: mattihp

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
it's the memories that you get. It is definitely better than being home alone watching it.

What memories? Of them winning? You get the same at home. Plus if you are watching at home, you are either with friends or on a forum like this or elsewhere getting that sense of community.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
What memories? Of them winning? You get the same at home. Plus if you are watching at home, you are either with friends or on a forum like this or elsewhere getting that sense of community.
yeah it's hard to explain. Have to be there to understand it I guess. Pictures and celebrations with strangers. It's pretty cool.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
McDavid Scoring Chances/60 Minutes, 2024 playoffs
First 3 rounds - 33.7
vs Florida - 33.9

McDavid isn't being shut down by Sasha Barkov; he's being goalied by Bob.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I really don't get it. I mean, I guess for the atmosphere but to pay to go and sit there and watch a tv and pay for overpriced food and drinks (again the game is not even there) and wait in lines for the bathrooms.

I'll take my own couch with my own snacks and my own bathroom
A chance to see your team win the cup for the first time in history surrounded by thousands of like minded friends and fan? Sign me the hell up

$45 nachos and peeing my pants seems like a small price to pay for that experience.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Part of me wants my Oil to win just so Florida can win the Cup in Florida. I will cheer to the end but this shit is bleak.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I tried to watch Game 3 on the ESPN+ service last night (Friday) and was surprised to find that the game wasn't coming up and wasn't available. Ichecked again today and same issue.

Was Game 3 hosted on a different network or something? Does anyone know why all the other games were hosted on ESPN/ABC and available on the ESPN+ service, but not Game 3?

I'd really like to watch Game 3 before viewing Game 4 tonight.
I watched it on ESPN plus well after it ended the other night. Sometimes I have to seach for it a little harder than others

Reactions: wolfgaze

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

People do this because of the energy and atmosphere. You can all celebrate together.

If it's not your thing no big deal but questioning it's existence is weird. Surely you can think of why people would enjoy this experience.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Coach said they have shown they can beat this panthers team. They're 0-5 this season but they have shown they can beat panthers. Somehow, somewhere.

Was the coach playing NHL24 or something? The Oilers haven't beaten them when it matters.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I sincerely hope you don't believe a team would deliberately lose a SCF game. I mean... seriously....
With a nod and a wink they could make bank for their friends and family and then win the Cup at home. It's not like they are going to lose 4 straight games.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
You're right! The refs aren't passing him the puck enough on the anemic power play

Don't be foolish. It's because McD is being hindered by the Panthers' clutch 'n grab bs and the refs aren't doing anything about it. Coupled with the Panthers center ice trap game, they are to be blamed for this series being 3-0 in favor of the Panthers.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Don't be foolish. It's because McD is being hindered by the Panthers' clutch 'n grab bs and the refs aren't doing anything about it. Coupled with the Panthers center ice trap game, they are to be blamed for this series being 3-0 in favor of the Panthers.
I Can never tell if you're serious or trolling.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Good luck everyone. I wish there was a way obsessive Oilers haters could get the sweep they need to get on with their summers and this series could go on for a few more games. Someone is going to be disappointed tonight and it's unfair. :toothless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad