Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Fair.

Now I hope Chevy can pull a rabbit out of somewhere and trade spare parts / undesirable assets for picks!

Pionk to Utah for a 2nd?

What? No. Stop. We’re already thin on D. We don’t need another 2nd that is more likely to be a miss. We just need to make a youth movement going into next year. And then maybe holding onto our first because idk how much longer we can stay a playoff team without having a few impact prospects coming along.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What? No. Stop. We’re already thin on D. We don’t need another 2nd that is more likely to be a miss. We just need to make a youth movement going into next year. And then maybe holding onto our first because idk how much longer we can stay a playoff team without having a few impact prospects coming along.
That is assuming Demelo is signed.

Reactions: roccerfeller

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Iafallo and the rights to LB to Buffalo for a 2nd?
The rights to LB have no value since he is a couple days away from being able to talk to every team in the league. By the sounds of it his agent has already had some informal discussions with various teams.

Reactions: Buffdog

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Pick 37
Go 6’ 7”
Big is hard to teach
:sarcasm:
That player is going in the first round.
And won’t be able to play hockey :sarcasm:

That player is definitely going in the first round. Likely top 3 to be exact.

Anton Silayev is projected to go as high as 2 and no later than 5th.

6'7 LHD out of Russia. 11 points in 63 KHL games this year as an 18 year old.

The crazy thing about him is he doesn't just move well for his size, he just moves well period and his long strides help him cover a lot of ice quickly. He's pretty slight for his build so there is a lot of potential to add some muscle to his frame.

As far as upside goes he's got a lot of it. Booming shot, size, skating, defensive ability. Who knows if he pans out but as far as 6'7+ prospects go he's arguably the best we have seen since Myers.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
McKeen's latest mock has Emery and Ellick going in the 1st round to VGK and NYR. Badinka available at our pick, but we decide to troll the Habs by taking Lane Hutson's brother with their pick.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
McKeen's latest mock has Emery and Ellick going in the 1st round to VGK and NYR. Badinka available at our pick, but we decide to troll the Habs by taking Lane Hutson's brother with their pick.

That would be kind of hilarious. Take Hutson's brother with Montreal's pick.

I don't think we really need anymore mildly sized defencemen in the system though. I'd possibly entertain the idea of taking Kiviharju if he were available. Once highly touted prospect out of Finland whose draft stock took a hit this year but could potentially bounce back. Seems familiar.

Emery seems okay but his shot is a bit of a muffin so he's really just kind of a pure shutdown guy. Jiricek has some potential but again seems to be more of a shutdown type of player.

Tarin Smith might be a lefty but as far as that range he's probably one of the better two-way dmen. Really physical, great reads on the backend and crisp passer. Also has a pretty solid shot.
Henry Mews is a bit more slight, not very physical but great skater and solid in transition and a righty.

Badinka is probably the best pick if we want a total blend though. Righty, size, physicality, shot, passing, defensive ability. He may not be the best of the bunch at any one but he's got a little bit of everything in his game. Sometimes that can lead to a player who just never finds their role on a team though. Other times it just leads to them being a solid minute muncher in any situation.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

I don't think we really need anymore mildly sized defencemen in the system though. I'd possibly entertain the idea of taking Kiviharju if he were available. Once highly touted prospect out of Finland whose draft stock took a hit this year but could potentially bounce back. Seems familiar.

Emery seems okay but his shot is a bit of a muffin so he's really just kind of a pure shutdown guy. Jiricek has some potential but again seems to be more of a shutdown type of player.

Tarin Smith might be a lefty but as far as that range he's probably one of the better two-way dmen. Really physical, great reads on the backend and crisp passer. Also has a pretty solid shot.
Henry Mews is a bit more slight, not very physical but great skater and solid in transition and a righty.

Badinka is probably the best pick if we want a total blend though. Righty, size, physicality, shot, passing, defensive ability. He may not be the best of the bunch at any one but he's got a little bit of everything in his game. Sometimes that can lead to a player who just never finds their role on a team though. Other times it just leads to them being a solid minute muncher in any situation.
If we take Kiviharju - which I certainly don't want to happen - I hope he follows Lambert's footsteps and takes the CHL route. As it stands, he's a young up-and-coming PMD that missed his draft year and set to play with HIFK next year - a situation as stable as something that's unstable. Yes, Liiga is not doing so hot with prospect development as of recent years, but when it comes to HIFK and non-elite prospects, f***ing forget about it.

Kitchener would probably be among the better alternatives for him right now - could see stable and significant minutes and get to deal with Ahokas as their head coach. Whether that will be our decision is up in the air, though. 37 might be a tad too late for Kiviharju.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we take Kiviharju - which I certainly don't want to happen - I hope he follows Lambert's footsteps and takes the CHL route. As it stands, he's a young up-and-coming PMD that missed his draft year and set to play with HIFK next year - a situation as stable as something that's unstable. Yes, Liiga is not doing so hot with prospect development as of recent years, but when it comes to HIFK and non-elite prospects, f***ing forget about it.

Kitchener would probably be among the better alternatives for him right now - could see stable and significant minutes and get to deal with Ahokas as their head coach. Whether that will be our decision is up in the air, though. 37 might be a tad too late for Kiviharju.

It's really hard to say. Some rankings have him in the 50's. But yes I prefer Kitchener as well and I'd imagine the Jets would likely push for that if they took him.

There is a glut of Dmen in the 30-50 range that could really go in any order and many teams may have wildly different orders there. The Jets aren't opposed to taking smaller dmen but I have a feeling they will be angling for size and right shot but who knows.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Iafallo and the rights to LB to Buffalo for a 2nd?

LB rights are worth little, maybe a 6th.
Not sure what Iafallo is worth. His scoring was down compared to his recent years. His defensive play was pretty good. What is that worth in the marketplace?

I think UPL has taken a lot of pressure off their goalie situation. Meanwhile, they have 23.5 mil cap space but only 12 players signed and UPL needs a raise. They have 4 other RFAs. Are they going to want to spend 4 mil cap space on Iafallo?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The rights to LB have no value since he is a couple days away from being able to talk to every team in the league. By the sounds of it his agent has already had some informal discussions with various teams.
Agree. I don't think LB's rights have any value. Iafallo might have some value to a team that has lots of cap space or needs to reach the cap floor. He could be flipped at the TDL to a contender. But I would think that his value is at most a 4th round pick or lower. The Jets would only consider this if they really needed the cap space, I would think. If the Jets keep him into the season and Iafallo is really only a 4th liner this season, I wonder if the Jets might trade him out at the TDL to create cap space.

I actually think Iafallo is a good winger to play alongside Perfetti. Perfetti-Namestnikov-Iafallo was actually a very good line. I could also see Iafallo as a good winger opposite Connor, if Arniel ever wanted to shake up his top lines.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021

Scouting report on Badinka reads a lot like Pavel Kubina. If anywhere close to that, sign me up. I’d be pleased!!!!!!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
LB rights are worth little, maybe a 6th.
Not sure what Iafallo is worth. His scoring was down compared to his recent years. His defensive play was pretty good. What is that worth in the marketplace?

I think UPL has taken a lot of pressure off their goalie situation. Meanwhile, they have 23.5 mil cap space but only 12 players signed and UPL needs a raise. They have 4 other RFAs. Are they going to want to spend 4 mil cap space on Iafallo?
Buffalo needs bottom 6 players and Iafallo is from that area.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, that hasn't worked out so well.

Yeah we haven't really hit on one yet. We haven't really hit on any one super tall either.

I think we just focus on taking the guy who looks to project the best and maybe we can find something.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
???
They have over 23m in capspace?

And only 12 on the roster. They have enough cap to fill out their roster but not enough to spend loosely.

They are indicating they want to add vet players. That will cost, one way or another. Is 4 mil for Iafallo the best use they can make of that cap space?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Buffalo needs Brossoit and a RHD... not so much iafallo - might be a good fit in Calgary though... or back to LA haha

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Buffalo needs Brossoit and a RHD... not so much iafallo - might be a good fit in Calgary though... or back to LA haha
Two out of three because bottom 6 is a big need. One of the worst bottom sixes in the league in my opinion. Greenway and Krebs and nobody.
This team doesn't need to win the cup, it needs to make the playoffs. A horrible, horrible record as well as being mismanaged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad