GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Game 4 prediction: Panthers lose on purpose to give themselves chance to celebrate at home.

As fan, who has been fortunate enough to witnessed favorite team skate "Cup' at home -vs- away. Skating at home is more memorable experience. The awesome vibes Lightning had when skating around home rink was priceless. Whole house was so happy for Lightning's players/coaches/home fans (Especially older ones). Enjoy these moments & memories Florida fans!!!! Even though our house wanted McDavid to get "Cup". I'm also finding it really cool watching instate brothers reach NHL mountain top. We're happy for deserving Panthers players (Like Bob and Barkov). But.... Not all Florida players are cool, every NHL team has this sprinkled within somewhere. So...... there's not to many great reasons to why every Panther should go down too. Panthers lose game 4 tonight, then win game 5 @ home.

Wish all sport fans could experience an insane season. Shoot, that might even be one of my Ginnie in-the-lamp wishes, to tell ya the truth. Sure it's just a game, but sports sure can make someone forget problems, pain, etc. Sports holds lots of power this way, so it's more than just a game for some folks. One quick example: An older neighbor, who was fan of Florida Gators, was very sick. This neighbor witnessed Florida Gators win Football and Basketball titles around 2006-2008, and from those experiences. Things changed! Before Gators went on title tear, neighbor was sick, in & out of hospital, losing hope daily. All of us barely saw our neighbor not completely miserable.. But once Gators started having success each week, looked to be legit, and then finally won a title. This very sick person changed 100-fold!! They died a few years after Gators title runs, but I believe witnessing Gators winning, helped as much as something could for situation. So, this is part of my reasoning to why I strongly wish everyone could experience favorite team winning championship...... :)

Now if OIlers pull of impossible, their fans will get crazy memories and so will the rest of us!!!!!

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oilers could easily have scored 0 goals in this series. All 4 of their goals have been complete fluke goals.

Hope Bob shuts the door tonight. Hit them with another shutout.

I mean sure? They could have far more easily scored 8 goals, considering how good Bob has been. That's why they play the games.

Let's send this series back to Florida!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Game 4 prediction: Panthers lose on purpose to give themselves chance to celebrate at home.

As fan, who has been fortunate enough to witnessed favorite team skate "Cup' at home -vs- away. Skating at home is more memorable experience. The awesome vibes Lightning had when skating around home rink was priceless. Whole house was so happy for Lightning's players/coaches/home fans (Especially older ones). Enjoy these moments & memories Florida fans!!!! Even though our house wanted McDavid to get "Cup". I'm also finding it really cool watching instate brothers reach NHL mountain top. We're happy for deserving Panthers players (Like Bob and Barkov). But.... Not all Florida players are cool, every NHL team has this sprinkled within somewhere. So...... there's not to many great reasons to why every Panther should go down too. Panthers lose game 4 tonight, then win game 5 @ home.

Wish all sport fans could experience an insane season. Shoot, that might even be one of my Ginnie in-the-lamp wishes, to tell ya the truth. Sure it's just a game, but sports sure can make someone forget problems, pain, etc. Sports holds lots of power this way, so it's more than just a game for some folks. One quick example: An older neighbor, who was fan of Florida Gators, was very sick. This neighbor witnessed Florida Gators win Football and Basketball titles around 2006-2008, and from those experiences. Things changed! Before Gators went on title tear, neighbor was sick, in & out of hospital, losing hope daily. All of us barely saw our neighbor not completely miserable.. But once Gators started having success each week, looked to be legit, and then finally won a title. This very sick person changed 100-fold!! They died a few years after Gators title runs, but I believe witnessing Gators winning, helped as much as something could for situation. So, this is part of my reasoning to why I strongly wish everyone could experience favorite team winning championship...... :)

Now if OIlers pull of impossible, their fans will get crazy memories and so will the rest of us!!!!!
No team would ever think like that. 1 game could give the opposing team confidence and potentially turn a quick series into a long one. I'm sure all the Panthers players want to just go home and get on with their off season.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
No team would ever think like that. 1 game could give the opposing team confidence and potentially turn a quick series into a long one. I'm sure all the Panthers players want to just go home and get on with their off season.

Exactly, especially when a team has momentum.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Oilers tonight…

j73KRmlSvlfifzTJgXOibDMy5OY=.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If nothing else, Oilers have to come out and play hard. I'm pretty sure they will, as teams that give up easily usually don't make it to the cup finals. It must be disconcerting to give up goals due to preventable mistakes, but they've got to be strong mentally, and play together.

The original Gretzky Oilers were swept in their first Cup appearance. Messier had one point.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I think the Oilers will win tonight. They will be desperate, but lets see if their defense can keep us off the scoresheet. Hoping to win the cup at home-ice in game 5 anyways.

LGP!
Do you really want to give a team life?

Or are people just preparing excuses early for why Panthers possibly loose tonight?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm anticipating an Oilers win, but I've anticipated that every game so far and am 0-3, much like the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine