GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Putting two hands of stone players with Draisaitl every game and wondering why they aren't generating anything.

Backs against the walls, run McDrai 30 minutes. No other option. I don't understand how you see we have nothing going at evens all series and still haven't done this.
Hyman and Nuge are with McDavid and they haven't scored either.

Reactions: Faelko

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Its such a weird feeling. I know there is a game tonight but sure doesn't feel that way. Not nervous, not anxious. Just waiting for the game and will watch it like the rest of you. I'm at peace with whatever happens.

Now for the game for the love of god lets not get swept. As Lasso would say, be a goldfish. Its not over yet. Give the fans another night to remember.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
750 buck tickets on sale if anybody wants them. Several sets under 800bucks for game 4. This is 600bucks under what they were just days ago.

Still about 10X what I would pay.

But hey. You get to see a SC final and your team either wins the game or you see a shiny cup awarded.

Perhaps strangely tickets to game 6 still higher than they oughta be. Just spend thousands per ticket and if the game isn't played get your money refunded whenever they feel like it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Its such a weird feeling. I know there is a game tonight but sure doesn't feel that way. Not nervous, not anxious. Just waiting for the game and will watch it like the rest of you. I'm at peace with whatever happens.

Now for the game for the love of god lets not get swept. As Lasso would say, be a goldfish. Its not over yet. Give the fans another night to remember.
This is kinda the trouble with following pro sports in big leagues. Fans of one team go away from season happen and 31 others wondering what went wrong.

The reality is when you're in the final a lot of things went right. Whatever happens, happens.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1718035153540844.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
People keep blaming McD/Drai for not having a goal in the series but Florida has been shutting down top scorers all playoffs.

Zed and Panarin combined got only one goal in 6 games.

Pastrnak and Marchand combined got one goal in 6 games.

Point and Kucherov combined got 2 goals in their series with Florida.

This series is basically continuing where others left off. Panthers do a decent job of shutting down top scorers.

WE have the wrong structure of team to beat the Panthers. Vegas beat them through depth in lines and D pairings and with Vegas Florida couldn't stress just shutting down a few guys. With the Oilers if Florida stymies 3 players, McD, Drai, and Hyman, its over.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Only thing I got to add is if this is the last game of the season

I hope it’s the last we see of Nurse, Ceci, McLeod, Skinner, Foegele, Perry

In an Oilers jersey

lol that’s like almost 1/4 of the roster

Reactions: Moregoalspls

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
You know what? This series just sums up this entire year

Start the season and get to the point where most people said it would be impossible to make the playoffs

In so confident I put down money on this game, which h I haven't done at all this series

Oilers in 7
It would be the perfect story for sure. Something you could make movies out of.

I don't doubt this team have it in them mentally, but I'm skeptical they can come back physically. They came back from that terrible start and they've come back every time they've been down or faced elimination so far these playoffs so hopefully they can extract that last bit off juice despite some injuries.

Anyway, a win tonight and that seed of doubt creeps in for Florida. Add an extra day to think about it between games, knowing they'd need to win at home or the series goes back to Edmonton with a chance to tie it.

This series has gotten away from the Oilers quickly, but they COULD find themselves back in it just as quickly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
One Win at a Time. Starts tonight. Leave it all on the line, and atleast bring your best and see what happens. We haven’t played our best game yet.

Reactions: Oilhawks

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It would be the perfect story for sure. Something you could make movies out of.

I don't doubt this team have it in them mentally, but I'm skeptical they can come back physically. They came back from that terrible start and they've come back every time they've been down or faced elimination so far these playoffs so hopefully they can extract that last bit off juice despite some injuries.

Anyway, a win tonight and that seed of doubt creeps in for Florida. Add an extra day to think about it between games, knowing they'd need to win at home or the series goes back to Edmonton with a chance to tie it.

This series has gotten away from the Oilers quickly, but they COULD find themselves back in it just as quickly.

TBH, I think this team just can't handle any extended breaks away from the ice. Every single time we have an extra day here or there, this team seems to lose its rhythm It's like they forget how to play all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad