GDT: SCF | II | "Brick Breaker" | Oilers @ Panthers | 6.10.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
So I had a run in with a poster here that lead to harrassment in PM. Let’s remember guys, its only a game and we cheer for the same team.

I like the lineup changes for tonight. Ceci watching from above will probably help him when he gets back in the lineup. Desi should rearing to go for tonight and i expect him to be nice and physical. We need to find the right balance of getting shots against Skinner as he seems to be better when he faces more shots than not, but can’t let the panthers run the show. I think we have another gear and win tonight by 4 goals.

Reactions: elmeroil

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah, the Oilers looked best (basically won the Dallas series) with Nurse-Kulak as the 2nd pair and Broberg-whoever as the 3rd pair, Ceci in that case. I agree that Desharnais in for Ceci on the Nurse pairing is a fairly lateral move but there's no way it can be worse than Nurse-Ceci but the issue, again, is the lack of footspeed on Nurse's right side and inability to move the puck, it creates a lot of defensive zone time because they can't clear pucks or skate out of trouble.

Kulak was a breath of fresh air for that pairing because he gave Nurse a guy that can keep up with him and a puckhandler to help ease the load and skate pucks out instead of pounding pucks up the boards hoping for the best. Why Knoblauch broke up that pairing that played a big part in getting them past Dallas is beyond me but....will just trust the coach that got them here and hope for the best.
Makes me wonder how Nurse would have done with a guy like Walker but, alas, the price was too steep.

Yup, this is the exact reason I put Broberg with Nurse. He has the speed and puck carrying ability to get out of danger, which Nurse clearly needs. Kulak provides the same thing, and would be my preference actually, but he apparently isn't comfortable playing on his offside, whereas Broberg doesn't seem to care.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
My dad passed away Saturday night and I've been feeling numb since then.

I'd been here and glad/trying to be a help to him in any way I could. he had been unwell and declining, so it wasn't entirely unexpected, but it was incredibly tough to see what I had to see even though I'm so glad I was here when it happened.

I have memories of a child watching Oilers games with him and the cup win in 1990. His enthusiasm is what made me a fan. He had talked to my brothers about hoping to be alive to see the Oilers win another before he died.

He was a huge fan and it was a thing that brought us together when I felt like we sometimes otherwise didn't have much in common.

So while hockey right now to me feels less important than it did a few days ago, I will welcome the distraction and hope this team comes out swinging.

I may or may not be here to shitpost watchalong tonight, but just wanted to say GO OILERS.

Now and forever, man.

Do this thing.
He'll always be with you in your heart.

Condolences, Brother.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father and we could have a whole thread about that and our connections with hockey through our fathers and how we grew up watching together. your story in that sense is the story most of us had. My dad missed out on seeing either the Oilers or his beloved Germany winning WC after 1990. Oddly Oilers last won in 90 and Germany last won in 90 prior to my dad passing and not getting a chance to see the glory of WC 2014 that I watched feeling like he was sitting beside me. It will feel like it to you forever. You'll look over once in awhile thinking your dad is actually there. Decade later this still happens to me.
It'll probably happen again during this SC final at some point. I had that glance over once in game 1.

Go Oilers Dads!. We remember.
Mine shows up in my dreams sometimes, I'm always so surprised and yell at him "Where have you been!?". It's beautiful in a heartbreaking sort of way.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So I had a run in with a poster here that lead to harrassment in PM. Let’s remember guys, its only a game and we cheer for the same team.

I like the lineup changes for tonight. Ceci watching from above will probably help him when he gets back in the lineup. Desi should rearing to go for tonight and i expect him to be nice and physical. We need to find the right balance of getting shots against Skinner as he seems to be better when he faces more shots than not, but can’t let the panthers run the show. I think we have another gear and win tonight by 4 goals.
Usually when the Oilers limit shot attempts it’s because of the other team holding out for higher quality chances instead of just throwing everything at the net.

Winning by 4 goals would mean putting g at least 4 pucks past Bob…sign me up for that!!

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Really impressed with knobs brave decision to sit ceci.

I honestly think the players don't care about skinners gaa or nurse plus minus or ceci xg.

They are here now. Those are all sunk costs and didn't impact anything to this point.

Knob is planning going forward. This is good to rotate and keep players fresh. I wish we had a Kane replacement. Maybe Carrick draws in as Kane is clearly playing badly hurt.

Anyways I expect a big night from the boys.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

I honestly think the players don't care about skinners gaa or nurse plus minus or ceci xg.

They are here now. Those are all sunk costs and didn't impact anything to this point.

Knob is planning going forward. This is good to rotate and keep players fresh. I wish we had a Kane replacement. Maybe Carrick draws in as Kane is clearly playing badly hurt.

Brave is the right word too. You'd have to go back to MacT during his longer run with the team as coach to find someone who would make this swap during the SCF.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
One aside that is positve regardless what happens the rest of the way is that Broberg has had a coming out party, can play, and even eat minutes. He's a D going forward that will not be out of the lineup.

With the advent of Superstar Bouchard and now Bro looking like a puck moving skating stud, combined with Ekholm and hopefully a better version of Nurse we have a good D core. Its monumental having Booch and Broberg turn out to be this good.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Equally impressed, but not at all surprised at the meaningful tact in KK answering the questions about the move. Careful not to make either player feel they were at fault for being out of lineup. The correct answer is always you do it according to situation and what team needs. KK doesn't step on landmines with his comments. I love having superiors like KK. That was my early impression of him a fair and reasonable and well spoken man.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

Does the ignore feature disable them from pm'ing you? I've put many on ignore this playoffs, it can get out of hand.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
With how good the Barkov line is at limiting scoring chances we need to give Draisaitl some help on the second line. Mcdavid-Hyman, Draisaitl-RNH should be pairs to spread out some top six scoring.
Tbh I think theyve gotten a bit overrated. He was 37 xgf% and 31 hdcf%. They got caved in, he just happened to walk away with 2-0 GF share because his goalie saved his bacon multiple times.

His PDO of 1.125 was orders of magnitude higher than any other post season game in his run. The down side is that it sucks to lose a game like that because the Panthers won't always be the worst team in the game, but much was claimed of the McDavid/Barkov match-up and outside of Bobrovsky, he lost badly.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Does the ignore feature disable them from pm'ing you? I've put many on ignore this playoffs, it can get out of hand.
I think so, but i didnt have this guy on ignore, not yet anyway. He told me suck a phallic object and swallow while calling me a #2 ( toilet variety)

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Everytime there is a stoppage by bobrovsky someone needs to be in the crease and "touch" him.

Goalies are often head cases. Just resting a hand on a shoulder might be enough to unravel him.

Much like Holloway did as well they need to crash the net and make him feel some contact. He and he alone won game 1 for Florida.
Janmark snow shower on Oettinger springs to mind too.

I just hope they don't start looking for the perfect opportunity or try to pass it into the net because Bob's suddenly in their heads.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Certainly it does. I'd encourage any poster having such problems, particularly in PM attacks to report them. This sort of thing is not taken lightly.
That was the source of his angst, I kept reporting him every time he got personal, then he went to PM s after posts were deleted and the Pm came, i reported that, and that seemed to end it.

Wait and this wasn’t a Nucks fan?
Nope an Oiler fan and a regular on our board.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad