GDT: SCF | II | "Brick Breaker" | Oilers @ Panthers | 6.10.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Hope the boys get the split so they can leave that library arena and come home to a real arena and crowd
So cringe seeing an arena with piped Panther roars and where they have instructions to wave their flags every 5secs.

In game messaging and piped noise is kind of lame. All arenas do it to an extent but the non rabid markets appear to require this more.

Tonight I want to hear "Here we go Oilers"

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
So cringe seeing an arena with piped Panther roars and where they have instructions to wave their flags every 5secs.

In game messaging and piped noise is kind of lame. All arenas do it to an extent but the non rabid markets appear to require this more.

The chants are funny this year we’ve endured “USA USA USA”. “LETS GO PETEY” and kitty cat meows.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That was the source of his angst, I kept reporting him every time he got personal, then he went to PM s after posts were deleted and the Pm came, i reported that, and that seemed to end it.

Nope an Oiler fan and a regular on our board.
Sorry to hear. Not cool. Whoever that was.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Most important game of the season, if they can string together games like we just saw I won't count them out, but let's keep the trend of the last four finals going with a win tonight.

The last three finals in a row, Vegas, Colorado, and TB - won game 1 and went up 2-0, then won the series. The finals before that, DAL won game 1, failed to go up 2-0, went down 3-1 and lost in 6. Same with STL the year before. It seems the winner of game 1 either goes up 2-0 and wins, or loses game 2 and fumbles the series.

So lets bring the heat, win this game and keep that trend alive by being the game 2 winner that ties the series and wins it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The chants are funny this year we’ve endured “USA USA USA”. “LETS GO PETEY” and kitty cat meows.
Lets go Petey was the lol never forget it best. The other one was Lets go V. I mean WTF, who started that?

But Poor Petey making 11.5M/ and sitting there on the bench depressed and beside himself. Oh we have to support him. Somebody think of Petey.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Lets go Petey was the lol never forget it best. The other one was Lets go V. I mean WTF, who started that?

But Poor Petey making 11.5M/ and sitting there on the bench depressed and beside himself. Oh we have to support him. Somebody think of Petey.
The worst thing about it was it was game 7. Imagine having a player on your team that is the highest paid player, was totally invisible all series and the fans needed to chant “LETS GO PETEY” to get him going…in game 7.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No I’m not. How long has he been “cooked” in your opinion?
Most of this season and much of the last. From this point forward he's likely to be a streaky scorer that needs good linemates to produce.

I don't like how we use his injuries as an excuse for him poor play, because they come with the territory. That player is likely to play through injuries that happen frequently due to playstyle.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
One aside that is positve regardless what happens the rest of the way is that Broberg has had a coming out party, can play, and even eat minutes. He's a D going forward that will not be out of the lineup.

With the advent of Superstar Bouchard and now Bro looking like a puck moving skating stud, combined with Ekholm and hopefully a better version of Nurse we have a good D core. Its monumental having Booch and Broberg turn out to be this good.
Some credit needs to go to Holland for having patience with this player.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Most of this season and much of the last. From this point forward he's likely to be a streaky scorer that needs good linemates to produce.

I don't like how we use his injuries as an excuse for him poor play, because they come with the territory. That player is likely to play through injuries that happen frequently due to playstyle.
Not many players have come back from a massive wrist injury like he has and playing with a hernia is not good either.

I was diagnosed with a hernia 3 years ago. I had a consult with a surgeon and he said my hernia was so small he didn’t want to the surgery on it until it got worse. I can go months with forgetting i have a hernia, but some days and certain movements just make it a living hell to be active., i imagine its the same with Kane. I read somewhere last game he couldn’t sit on the bench. Which makes you wonder why he’s playing. I’m not going to judge him or call him cooked because it.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007

Please add laugh track when Kane smashes Ratboy into the boards.

• Haha
Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad