GDT: SCF | II | "Brick Breaker" | Oilers @ Panthers | 6.10.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

dIGJPer.jpeg

(Oilers trail series at 0-1)

Game Day: Monday June 10 2024
Game Time: 6:00PM
Broadcast: SN

-----

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

GAME 1

------

extralarge.png

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Evander Kane - Leon Draisaitl - Dylan Holloway
Mattias Janmark - Adam Henrique - Connor Brown
Warren Foegele - Ryan McLeod - Corey Perry

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Vincent Desharnais
Brett Kulak - Philip Broberg

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Carter Verhaeghe - Aleksander Barkov - Sam Reinhart
Matthew Tkachuk - Sam Bennett - Evan Rodrigues
Eetu Luostarinen - Anton Lundell - Vladimir Tarasenko
Steven Lorentz - Kevin Stenlund - Kyle Okposo

Gustav Forsling - Aaron Ekblad
Niko Mikkola - Brandon Montour
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Dmitry Kulikov

Sergei Bobrovsky

-----

OhP88N1.jpeg

• Projected lineups based on practice. Desharnais comes in for Ceci. Possible shuffle of forwards RE: Rico, Kane, Carrick.

• Just win.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Nurse needs to play with Kulak.

Put Ceci with Broberg.

Not sure why Knob changed that up.
I personally believe they put them together to try to keep Broberg and Kulak together, so they probably hoped they would bring their A game back, but clearly that isn't the case. I really think we ship Ceci off in the off-season and replace him. Hoping Demelo.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Spector (of all people) questioned Knob on the Nurse-Ceci pairing and he started talking about their xG etc was much better than their hard numbers, which obviously is not even true.

It's almost as though they only realised that that pairing has never worked because it was pointed out to them.

Same as shooting high on Bob.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Spector (of all people) questioned Knob on the Nurse-Ceci pairing and he started talking about their xG etc was much better than their hard numbers, which obviously is not even true.

It's almost as though they only realised that that pairing has never worked because it was pointed out to them.

Same as shooting high on Bob.
Spec gets a ton of hate (most of it deserved) but kudos for finally asking some good questions.

I’d love to see the Oilers record and GF:GA ratio when 25/5 are paired compared to when they’re split up.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Spec gets a ton of hate (most of it deserved) but kudos for finally asking some good questions.

I’d love to see the Oilers record and GF:GA ratio when 25/5 are paired compared to when they’re split up.

Its not pretty. Ceci is the anchor that takes down whoever he is playing with

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Knoblauch - please don't be Woodcroft.

These adjustments are so obvious that its borderline unacceptable if they aren't made:

- Nurse and Ceci on different pairs
- Carrick in for Perry (or Ryan at minimum)
- Don't play McDavid and Draisaitl together more than one off shifts

This one is less than obvious, but I would probably put Desharnais in for Ceci too.

We do the above and be a little sharper with our scoring opportunities and we'll win.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
We might see Ceci out and Vinny in; we'll see when the team comes out for practice in a few minutes.
Honestly we need too, Ceci has been brutal, outside of a handful of games.

Curious if they do anything up front. Either, play the same game, find some finish and they'll find a split

Reactions: Oildrum

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
If Ceci is out and VD in, fine I guess, Ceci clearly isn't doing well. I just don't see how that helps Nurse. Nurse/VD have been pretty terrible as well honestly (almost like there is a common denominator there eh?). Kulak or Broberg should still play with Nurse and VD can play with the remaining leftie. It is beyond pathetic that we are having to "help" Nurse by playing somebody on their offside, one of which is essentially a rookie, but it is what it is at this point. Nurse needs to be miles and MILES better, but I don't think that is going to happen.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
If Ceci is out and VD in, fine I guess, Ceci clearly isn't doing well. I just don't see how that helps Nurse. Nurse/VD have been pretty terrible as well honestly (almost like there is a common denominator there eh?). Kulak or Broberg should still play with Nurse and VD can play with the remaining leftie. It is beyond pathetic that we are having to "help" Nurse by playing somebody on their offside, one of which is essentially a rookie, but it is what it is at this point. Nurse needs to be miles and MILES better, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Even if Knob scratches Ceci, Nurse has been just as bad lol Guy needs to remember hes a dman first and hes not as talented as he thinks he is with the puck.

Also, 37-71-90...fml

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They'll either pay Kulak or Broberg there. After his performance in game 1, I'm leaning toward Broberg. It might not work but they can fall back to Kulak or Desharnais, and it still won't be Ceci which is a plus.

I'd definitely do Kulak or Broberg with Nurse. Need better puck movement on that pair.
They absolutely should try this, Gagner's done nothing but put up when he's been given a chance. I feel bad for Perry, but the years and the playoffs look to be catching up to him.

Reactions: CaptainCaveman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad