Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
So many Panthers' players can elevate their game from what it's been the last 3 games, and I hope that they all do that now at the same time and play the game of their lives, and win their first Stanley Cup.

They need to fully understand and appreciate the fact that this might be the last chance they have during their entire career.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
How's everyone's blood pressure?
giphy.gif

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Tkachuk & Bobrovsky have awesome games. McDavid a -2.

4-1 Cats win after Edmonton gets one very late.

Tonight the cream rises to the top. Florida swats away those pesky Oilers.
Does Maurice do more of the same? If Maurice's view is just execute better, than EDM can pull this off. If he actually makes a tactical or strategic change that EDM needs to figure out on the fly? I think FLA wins.

Based on history and personality, EDM wins because Maurice does Maurice. You may see 2 or 3 challenges by him, that will show EDM...

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Scoring the first goal will be huge in this game (obviously). But it will be more important for the Panthers to do it.

Oilers will win anyways. But it could be a relatively close game if Panthers scores first.

If Edmonton scores first early in the game, things will get ugly quickly for the Panthers and this game could look a little bit like their last playoffs game against Vegas last year.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Who would have guessed everything I said about the Panthers turned out to be true. I am not sure how they ever live down this choke.

Panthers leadership group has no answers. As a Leaf fan, I recognize the look on their faces at the end of the last game. They've already accepted they lost the cup.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I just don't see how Florida wins this. If the previous 3 games have been close nail biters, then I think this can go either way. But the Panthers have been embarrassed since Game 4 and they haven't had the lead since Game 3. Maurice has no answer to counter Knoblauch's adjustments. If he does, now is the time to do it, otherwise it will just be another one sided affair with Florida coming out flat at puck drop and playing better as the game goes on. But it will be too late by then.

Whoever scores first wins the game. Oilers will come out blazing and Florida will be half asleep.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
We have no reason NOT to root for Edmonton. There's no direct Montreal/Edmonton rivalry, they were the clear underdog, and the series has turned into this epic come-from-behind story that movies are made of. Everyone I know is on the bandwagon because an Oilers win would be a great climactic ending.
j'agree
It can be many factors, incl. a shared distaste for Toronto, the distance between us, the beauty of our Nature (Rockies) and related cultural exchanges, the beauty of your city & Culture, your status as #1 OG all time and wide support out West, not to mention the success of both our franchises (game recognize game)... :5:

Why? Ain't shit else to do in Saskatchewan other than watch hockey.
huh!?
How about: Fish, Curl (in winter), Farm, Ranch, Play cards, go for a rip, ...

• Haha
Reactions: Lshap and Coffey

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
As a lifelong Oiler fan, this is the closest I have seen to the cup in, what 18 years or so. I lived in Edmonton when the Eskimos and the Oilers were winning championships. Have never stopped cheering for both.

As a lifelong hockey fan, how can anyone disagree with what is the epitome of playoff series - a game seven in the Stanley Cup finals for all the marbles. The Oilers' epic comeback so far has made this so much sweeter and the culmination of the completion of the comeback would be historic. Would love for this to go into overtime tonight, but I'll be fine with an Oilers win before then.

So many great storylines in these Finals - this has got to be, without a doubt, the most compelling Finals in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad