SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
If Florida doesn't reprioritize their approach this is over. They seem more interested in the bullshit antics, stirring shit up, and trying to win irrelevant ego battles rather than playing the game. That might work against some teams but it's clearly not working against Vegas. Drop the act and try to make it a series will ya?

Vegas the much more mature and fundamentally sound team. I know there's been a ton of turnover since then but all the OG VGK still on the team have been excellent in these playoffs. Can't help but wonder how much that experience of losing in a final before is helping the core keep focus.

Lots of history before of teams who got far and needed to lose before winning.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
My guess is that Game 3 will be very different in tactics, and Florida will try to beat Vegas with speed and better defense, and leave the antics in the locker room. Whether they can pull that off will be interesting.

And I'm also awaiting for that one game where Vegas lays an egg of brontosaurus proportions (you know they will at some point).
I am banking on it. I will be in Mexico when the next three games go down.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I said sweep after one and everyone called me crazy.

Well it's a sweep.

Vegas is dominating the Panthers in every area and they are literally laughing while the Panthers are crying.

They've managed to make the Cats look like little f***ing p***yes. Well done.

Congrats on the Cup in your *chokes back puke* 5th season. Dale Tallon should be on the ice after game 4 to celebrate.

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Hopefully the Panthers won't try to one up Vegas and have thirty minutes of cornball pregame bullshit for games 3-4. Do everybody a favor.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Vegas is the best team for sure, but Toronto would do better than Florida did against them. Florida without Bob playing out of his mind is not in the Stanley Cup finals to begin with

I mean, i don't think you can say that with any certainty

Bobrovsky against the Bruins was not nearly as good as he was against Toronto and Carolina but we still came out on top due to clutch play.

I know the series themselves were short, but considering how close the actual games were against Toronto and Carolina, we definitely would have had a much harder time than we already did.

Reactions: Stubu and Devonator

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
If Florida doesn't reprioritize their approach this is over. They seem more interested in the bullshit antics, stirring shit up, and trying to win irrelevant ego battles rather than playing the game. That might work against some teams but it's clearly not working against Vegas. Drop the act and try to make it a series will ya?
This is true. Hopefully they do it differently next game. This Game 2 was really where I thought they would strip the extraneous junk out of their game. Maybe next game. I'm pretty sure Game 3 isn't going to look like this one.

I'm not taking anything at all away from the Knights. They played like champions.

HofT

Sep 4, 2008
That too. I don't have a rooting interest in either of these 2 teams but the refereeing in these first 2 games leaves a lot of be desired.

I have this feeling the league told the refs to not let things go and to cut down on the scrums and after the whistle stuff. They look at this Finals as the time for the NHL to shine. Eliminating a lot of the extra curricular activities will draw more of the casual fans. I'm saying all this from a league stand point.
And I can see it from Flroida's percsepctive, it's not really fair. They've been playing that way for almost 2 months. And then the refs start calling it? Really?

But I get it and it seems like a lot of Flroida's fans do as well. Theyre happy to be here and realize their "extra curricular activities" style of play and refs turning a blind eye isn't a real way to win.

We'll see if this series continues to be called the way it currently is.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I mean, i don't think you can say that with any certainty

Bobrovsky against the Bruins was not nearly as good as he was against Toronto and Carolina but we still came out on top due to clutch play.

I know the series themselves were short, but considering how close the actual games were against Toronto and Carolina, we definitely would have had a much harder time than we already did.

Of course not, it's just an opinion

Boston's starting goalie was also playing with a debilitating injury, and their top 2 centers were injured and their team was getting over a sickness

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Vegas the much more mature and fundamentally sound team. I know there's been a ton of turnover since then but all the OG VGK still on the team have been excellent in these playoffs. Can't help but wonder how much that experience of losing in a final before is helping the core keep focus.

I honestly didnt think Vegas had a Stanley Cup roster in 2018. What they achieved is unforgettable and I will always look back fondly on the Golden Misfits. But thus roster is something much bigger, literally and figuratively.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My guess is that Game 3 will be very different in tactics, and Florida will try to beat Vegas with speed and better defense, and leave the antics in the locker room. Whether they can pull that off will be interesting.

And I'm also awaiting for that one game where Vegas lays an egg of brontosaurus proportions (you know they will at some point).
Maybe. Maybe not. I think this is the best Vegas has played to start a series in this run. I think if they can match this level or exceed it, they can get the win without any turds along the way.

Hope that's how it goes.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada

Vegas also added a lot of senior leadership who have been there before, including some like Phil Kessel who were leaders during the regular season even if he's in the pressbox now. This is just a very different team from the inaugural year in terms of maturity. You can tell there is a whole lot of "Don't let that shit get to you but stay focused on your game" being preached to the younger players.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Maybe. Maybe not. I think this is the best Vegas has played to start a series in this run. I think if they can match this level or exceed it, they can get the win without any turds along the way.

Hope that's how it goes.

If Vegas doesn't lay an egg, it's because they want to get the season over with and be back out on the golf course sooner rather than later.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I said sweep after one and everyone called me crazy.

Well it's a sweep.

Vegas is dominating the Panthers in every area and they are literally laughing while the Panthers are crying.

They've managed to make the Cats look like little f***ing p***yes. Well done.

Congrats on the Cup in your *chokes back puke* 5th season. Dale Tallon should be on the ice after game 4 to celebrate.
You will get your bouquet and congratulations when it is a sweep

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
How many of the 11 misconducts given out were for being a constant punk ? And do casual fans even care ? I'm not defending any individual players. I'm saying that throwing players out like that isn't an entertaining product.
It isnt about the casual fan. It is about stopping a game from becoming a clownshow, and when Cucky is losing that is exactly what he tries to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad