SCF Game 2: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TRUTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No one should be surprised Vegas is the better team. Florida needed Bob to stay in God mode to get it done and it seems he’s cooled down. Ironically reminds me of Vegas’ run in 2018. Fleury was god mode through 3 rounds where they beat some better teams but he came back to earth vs the caps.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
I'm guessing Florida's plan for the off-season is to use their newly cleared cap space on defense ?
yup that's been the plan since before this season. This was supposed to be a retool year. It's actually a miracle we made it this far. Hope we can at least win 1 game and it would be a very successful season.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Cmon dude. A healthy Ekblad is a good player.
A healthy Ekblad was still slow without a fast dman covering for him. Campbell, Yandle, now Forsling. This year, he's behind Forsling, Montour, and Gudas, as far as key dmen. It's fortunate that he's better than Staal and Mahura is still adjusting to the show. Why Fitzy is dressed is on PoMo.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Let’s all thank Bob for getting hot for a couple of weeks and gifting us a horrible final.
Any three of their opponents would have provided a much better SCF.
LOL. Please. Knights would absolutely smoke the Leafs and Devils. Only CAR would hang with them on hustle but would still get bodied because they have dick for finish due to no Pacioretty or Svechnikov and they're far too perimeter to make Hill's work heavy or difficult.

HofT

Sep 4, 2008
yup that's been the plan since before this season. This was supposed to be a retool year. It's actually a miracle we made it this far. Hope we can at least win 1 game and it would be a very successful season.
I agree. Florida is only here because of the refs. But they're not helping them now.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was hoping for exactly this to shut the Vegas haters up, assuming this is the way it goes, which is still in question.

However, I would like a fun series that will go down in the hockey history books as one of the best ever, with a VGK win.

But I’ll take the VGK cup, if that’s what I get.
Yeah I don't care how we get it as long as we get it. I'm still partially not hoping for the sweep. Game 4 is smack dab in the middle of a friend's wedding I'm going to. But then again you won't catch me dead rooting for a Vegas loss in this series.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I’m going to be 33 in July and I’m really about to witness the Vegas Golden Knights win a Stanley cup before my Islanders.

I guess it’s better than Leaf’s fans approaching 60 who will see VGK win a cup before the leafs.
I was a kid in 1970 when the Canucks entered the league. I've paid my dues as a fan. Can't say the same for Vegas fans. I don't blame them for anything.. They just haven't.

Reactions: SI90

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Cmon dude. A healthy Ekblad is a good player.

Still doesn't make him a #1, especially on a Florida team like this whose defensive group is poor and lacks depth.

Ekblad became grossly overrated based on putting up a lot of points on a prolific team last season. He's a first pair defenseman but he needs a stout partner. He's not capable of carrying a pair by himself like Florida asks him to do.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
LOL. Please. Knights would absolutely smoke the Leafs and Devils. Only CAR would hang with them on hustle but would still get bodied because they have dick for finish due to no Pacioretty or Svechnikov and they're far too perimeter to make Hill's work heavy or difficult.
Who knows, match-ups are a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad