SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
What's with the attitude? "No shit Sherlock" reply to the fact that the Oilers are in the SCF?

I bring it up because teams don't make the SCF with any part of their lineup being "awful".

And why is the PK about to tank do you have a crystal ball?

Actually, are you well?
Quite well. Thanks for asking.

I was aware that the Oilers were in the SCF. Why would you even bother to point that out.

The Oilers bottom 6 is terrible. The offensive contributions of this group is close to nothing. The strength of the top of the line up allowed the Oilers to make the Finals-not the "contributions" of the bottom 6ers.

McDavid and Draisatl will probably have to average around 25 minutes per game for the Oilers to win. Sending out the collection of garbage which populates the bottom 6 of the Oilers more than 6-8 minutes per game would be tactical suicide.

The PK has been great. Calling it the best PK in the league is not accurate-at least on a seasonal basis. They can't kill every penalty successfully forever.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba

I was aware that the Oilers were in the SCF. Why would you even bother to point that out.

The Oilers bottom 6 is terrible. The offensive contributions of this group is close to nothing. The strength of the top of the line up allowed the Oilers to make the Finals-not the "contributions" of the bottom 6ers.

McDavid and Draisatl will probably have to average around 25 minutes per game for the Oilers to win. Sending out the collection of garbage which populates the bottom 6 of the Oilers more than 6-8 minutes per game would be tactical suicide.

The PK has been great. Calling it the best PK in the league is not accurate-at least on a seasonal basis. They can't kill every penalty successfully forever.
This is quite the post, good grief:laugh:

Reactions: o98

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
I'm really curious to see Barkov and company will be able to contain 97 & 29.

It's going to be quite the battle

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
That awful bottom 6 outplayed the Nucks and Stars elite bottom 6.
Foegle is a -8. Ryan is a -6. Corey Perry brought nothing to the table-he shouldn't be dressed for the finals. McLeod has one point in 17 games despite averaging over 14 minutes per game TOI. Carrick has generated 4 SOG in 9 games.

These guys outplayed nobody. They're along for the ride.

• Wow
Reactions: Chaos2k7

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
TBH, for the shit that has been dished out here towards the Oilers and their fans here over the years, I don't think many are in a position to be expecting graciousness. LOL
Seriously? If we can't accept some level of graciousness...what can we expect? Both teams deserve to be here.

It will be a great series. I do not understand this whole victim hood thing going on. It's really weird. Greatest player since TGO/Mario and Drai is pretty damn good too. Long ways to go till G1.

Let's calm down a bit.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Leaning Florida here but I also thought Dallas would be the Oilers. I do think last year’s experience will give them an extra boost plus Skinner is the weakest goalie they will face in these playoffs. The Panthers remind me a lot of the cup winning Kings teams.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Foegle is a -8. Ryan is a -6. Corey Perry brought nothing to the table-he shouldn't be dressed for the finals. McLeod has one point in 17 games despite averaging over 14 minutes per game TOI. Carrick has generated 4 SOG in 9 games.

If this post doesn't speak to your knowledge when it comes to this Oilers team, nothing does.

You're trying way too hard

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I'm actually shocked at the arrogance of Oilers fans who are marginal eunderdogs in this series lol, it's insane, wish I could ever feel as confident in the Panthers even after all this recent success.
I literally see no difference in "cockiness" from either side except for there may be a higher number of Oilers supporters than Panthers which makes it appear that way.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
They have the most penalties so far in these playoffs.

2nd most penalized team in the regular season this year
4th more penalties in regular season in the past 10 years all teams combined (since 2014-2015 season)

So - staying out of the box isn't exactly their thing...
So oilers in 5?

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

Uh man. I already said why I pointed it out. Go read my post again.

Seasonal basis? The Oilers PK only needs to be hot the rest of the way. They've killed 28 straight. They've gone two full series this postseason without letting in a single goal on the PK, and the bottom six guys are a huge part of said PK. RNH is the only top 6 guy out there.

Your hate-on and frankly quite unpleasant tone on this subject is a bit perplexing, but I don't know you.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I literally see no difference in "cockiness" from either side except for there may be a higher number of Oilers supporters than Panthers which makes it appear that way.
I gotta keep posting stats from the regular season and playoffs because people (literally everyone but Oiler fans) think that Oilers score only on the PP and nothing else. Most people here refuse to educate themselves on facts.

Reactions: End on a Hinote

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Meh, that's not really a slight. McDavid is better than anyone's golden goose. There's a very real chance that the best two players to ever play the game will end up being Oilers.

It's more of a Canada thing. Personally, I will never cheer for another Canadian team to win. Like, ever. MAYBE Calgary, just because the gave us Doug Gilmour for Gary Leeman.
Fair. I just kind of attribute it to the full on arguments about who's better as a player, McDavid or Matthews.

Seems like some (obviously not all) are a bit pissed off that one is having playoff success while the other never has.

Reactions: Just Rude

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I think there is lot of closet Oiler fans in Toronto this final! McD from there, Hyman was very liked, Brown also been there. Fla divisionrival with lot of dirty players.

Soup and Picard connections not so much though .😁

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Well, didn't read all those pages so I will screw the conversation with my take. I hope, that Drai from the first two rounds will show up again, McDavid will be McDavid and Skinner is able to channel his Dallas game 5 and 6 self.

Oilers chances may be slim, but I'm confident, they will take them.

Oilers in 6.

Reactions: Duke74 and Kerberos

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I said they outplayed them. Not outproduced them. You realize hockey consists more of more than Production right? If the Nucks and Stars depth could actually PK maybe they aren’t eliminated right now. Unfortunately they have to make up for both teams mediocre top 6 and need to chip in.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Cats in 5. People are sleeping on the coaching edge. Maurice isn't about to potentially lose his last chance at the cup to a rookie coach.
Knoblauch outcoached the Jack Adams winner in Tocchet and one of the most respected coaches in the game in Pete DeBoer.

He makes some rookie mistakes, but he's a hell of a coach.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Fair. I just kind of attribute it to the full on arguments about who's better as a player, McDavid or Matthews.
That should never really be a debate and, if there is, it's pretty short and one-sided.

Both are incredible players but, if I had one player to start a franchise with, I know who I'm taking. The guy is just another level, and that's no slight whatsoever to Matthews. Love having him on my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad