SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
You already have overlap for 3.5 months out of those 5, so adding 6 more weeks of overlap is no big deal. The regular season continues into April.

Globally speaking, the NFL is a marginal league in a marginal sport, and it's not good for the sport of hockey to be deferring to it in its scheduling. If only North Americans played in the NHL, that would be different, but a large proportion of the league's players and their fan bases is from outside North America, and we don't give a rat's *ss about the NFL, NBA, or MLB. These leagues are basically ignored by the rest of the world.
Here are the 15 most valuable sports teams around the world:

TeamLeagueValue ($B)
Dallas Cowboys🏈 NFL9.0
New York Yankees⚾ MLB7.1
Golden State Warriors🏀 NBA7.0
New England Patriots🏈 NFL7.0
Los Angeles Rams🏈 NFL6.9
New York Giants🏈 NFL6.8
Chicago Bears🏈 NFL6.3
Las Vegas Raiders🏈 NFL6.2
New York Knicks🏀 NBA6.1
New York Jets🏈 NFL6.1
Real Madrid⚽ Spanish La Liga6.1
Washington Commanders🏈 NFL6.1
Manchester United⚽ English Premier League6.0
San Francisco 49ers🏈 NFL6.0
Los Angeles Lakers🏀 NBA5.9

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Because everyone is thinking the Oilers take this for sure. And nothing is for sure. I am a huge Oilers fan, I am taking nothing for granted. OIlers can win but things have to go right, we could hit 4 posts again and lose by one goal.
I consider us massive long shots right now.

Only optimisim I would have is game 7 on the road. But we gotta get to game 7

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
and we don't give a rat's *ss about the NFL, NBA, or MLB. These leagues are basically ignored by the rest of the world.

Such a terrible take here and just flat out wrong. The NHL is relevant in Canada a couple Scandinavian countries and that's it. It is absolutely dwarfed by Basketball's popularity in Europe (let's not even talk about Asia lol) as well. That gap is widening like Secretariat in the Belmont too with Antetokounmpo, Wemby, Jokic and Doncic dominating the NBA. Japan literally makes Ohtani's games appointment viewing.

Basketball and Baseball have massive international footprints which, shockingly, drives a lot of attention towards international viewership for the NBA and MLB as well. As a one-sport-only fan though, you may not understand that.

Last edited:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Game 6 Friday night, which is the third weekend this series will encompass...
Game 6 fifteen days after game 1 was played.
17-18 days to play a (potential) 7 game series?
Ridiculous.
Do you want the NHL to just have 2 teams meet half way if the travel distance is long going forward?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I hope edm can force a game 7. That would be bonkers. Great for the league and hockey fans in general. Would be lame if FLA walks in and wins 7-1 to win the cup. At the very least we need ot. Lol

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1718929125006.png

Scoring after 5 games... 2 big surprises are no Drai and Tkachuk tied with Foegele. I assume both are playing hurt because this isn't like them at all. McD is tied with Bennet, Tkachuk and Barkov. 11 points to 11 points combined.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
View attachment 884983

More shocking is the goalies. Skinner is statistically beating Bob after 5 games. If you tell me you saw that coming, I am calling horseshit.lol
A blowout with a goalie pulled does a lot to numbers in such few games. I don’t think goalie statistics are very meaningful in a series. Of course, if the numbers are very high or very low, that could be more meaningful. A shutout or a 1 goal game is far more meaningful otherwise.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
A blowout with a goalie pulled does a lot to numbers in such few games. I don’t think goalie statistics are very meaningful in a series. Of course, if the numbers are very high or very low, that could be more meaningful. A shutout or a 1 goal game is far more meaningful otherwise.
Bob has both the highs and lows. Strange series for him.

Game 1 he was incredible. Game 2 he was very good. Then he got pulled and has allowed 4 or 5 goals a game in back to backs.

I don't disagree with your setiment.. but after 2 games (and McD at 1 point) a lot of people were using Bob and Barkov's 2 game samples to prove they will win the Conn Smythe and are better than McD. I thought I'd wait till 5 games to see how things normalize out.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
View attachment 884981

Scoring after 5 games... 2 big surprises are no Drai and Tkachuk tied with Foegele. I assume both are playing hurt because this isn't like them at all. McD is tied with Bennet, Tkachuk and Barkov. 11 points to 11 points combined.

Nuge, Drai, and Kane have been disappointing this series... and Kane has only played two games with a Sports Hernia. I think Nuge and Drai are trying to be fancy and don't think it's injury related.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Series is done.

Don't see the Panthers finding a way now. McDavid is determined to win his cup and the Panthers can't get out of their own way.

What a f***ing way to blow it. These guys really just have to become the ultimate losers, don't they?

How long before the franchise relocates?
This is the ultimate reverse jinx post. :clap:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
View attachment 884981

People still thinking 97 being stopped by Barkov .... :laugh:
Again, 97 is in his world and id completely alone.

To me Rodrigues and Bennett were up to now the most clutch and dangerous player for the Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad