Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Pointing out you’re making stuff up isn’t an actual example of splitting hairs.
Essentially. Most of the posters on HFOil avoid the mains like the plague. Someone on here posted something from an “oilers fan”…never seen him post on HFOil- have no clue who he is and I’ve been on this forum since 2004

yeah- not sure who those posters are. I am confident in saying that if you come to HFOil respectfully and ask questions- 98% of the posters will be happy to answer and wish you guys luck.

Never happened?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
You need to stop embarrassing yourself. Everyone replying to you knows foshizzle or has interacted with him on our board. I know he hates Kane for example.
I said did you see the Oilers fans saying he doesn't know YOU guys?

You said quote it, so there you go again.

I am glad you know him, that's what makes it funny.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I hear a lot of media talk about how tough the Panthers are and they are bullies. Who gives them that reputation?
Bennett is tough as nails.
Other than him, Tkachuk and Lomberg are more in the pest category.
on the backend. Mikkola? Sort of mid tier tough.
I guess it is just buy in from everyone but I don’t see a
Roster that screams bullies?
Toughness also means finishing checks, taking hits to make a play, clearing bodies from in front of the net in addition to bullying

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Panthers pp has been pretty good too. But if we keep it 5v5, Panthers will win.

Yeah but vs. the Rangers they showed they can stay out of the box. And their pk was excellent against Rangers.

Many felt the same about Dallas but the Oilers special teams dominance ended up being too much to overcome.

Look at the last game; EDM wins with only 10 shots but 2 PPG's and 100% PKing. I agree FLA is the better 5v5 team but the Oilers special teams has been extraordinarily dominant this post season.

The Oilers PP will score goals if you give them enough opportunities, that's a given, but you can't sleep on their PK. Canucks only scored 3 in 23 opportunities (13%), & EDM went 26/26 against the other 2 teams. You can say 'we need to stay out of the box' but you won't entirely & the Oilers will dive to try to get on the PP, they've done it all postseason, and they will score when they get their chances.

The key for FLA will be their PP matching EDM or atleast coming close enough that they can win the games 5v5. Not going 0/for in the series like LA & DAL, or blowing key opportunities like VAN did with the 4 min PP in G7. If EDM shuts them out in the series EDM will win.

Reactions: HabzSauce

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Never happened?
No. Not how you characterized it. Not anywhere close.

You said an Oilers fan said Oilers dans on the mains are “lunatics” and avoid the mains for that reason.

While it’s true, some Oil fans avoid the mains, it’s not cause of “lunatic” Oil fans. No where in the post you quoted does it say that.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Toughness also means finishing checks, taking hits to make a play, clearing bodies from in front of the net in addition to bullying
That supports the sum over value of parts argument I guess.
Just interesting to see a team with that reputation and a roster not really full of “tough” players.
Maybe the next roster construction trend to see followed.

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
That supports the sum over value of parts argument I guess.
Just interesting to see a team with that reputation and a roster not really full of “tough” players.
Maybe the next roster construction trend to see followed.
They also block shots very well and are very physical along the boards and behind both nets. In today's NHL, there aren't many big fighting teams

I'm a big fan of 70s and 80s hockey. Wish that kind of "rough and tumble" existed now

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
They also block shots very well and are very physical along the boards and behind both nets. In today's NHL, there aren't many big fighting teams

I'm a big fan of 70s and 80s hockey. Wish that kind of "rough and tumble" existed now
I saw the stats somewhere today we have thrown 200 more hits than the Oilers thus far in the playoffs.

Used to be that was barn specific, but I think the scorekeeping was standardized a few years ago, could be wrong.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I said did you see the Oilers fans saying he doesn't know YOU guys?

You said quote it, so there you go again.

I am glad you know him, that's what makes it funny.
“Did you see the Oilers fans saying you guys on the mains are lunatics and don't post on the HFOilers?”

That’s what you said. Then you posted a quote that doesn’t in any way confirm that.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Foshizzle said:
Essentially. Most of the posters on HFOil avoid the mains like the plague. Someone on here posted something from an “oilers fan”…never seen him post on HFOil- have no clue who he is and I’ve been on this forum since 2004

yeah- not sure who those posters are.
I am confident in saying that if you come to HFOil respectfully and ask questions- 98% of the posters will be happy to answer and wish you guys luck.

• Haha
Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Foshizzle said:

yeah- not sure who those posters are.
I am confident in saying that if you come to HFOil respectfully and ask questions- 98% of the posters will be happy to answer and wish you guys luck.
Dude, he’s clearly saying that the “Oiler fan” in question isn’t an actual Oilers fan.

You’re invested in this narrative like it’s your retirement fund.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I saw the stats somewhere today we have thrown 200 more hits than the Oilers thus far in the playoffs.

Used to be that was barn specific, but I think the scorekeeping was standardized a few years ago, could be wrong.
It will be a good series. Lots of contrast. Oilers top line and Bouchard are elite. Fla has great depth and an elite goalie. Skinner is inconsistent but they've insulated him well. Fla won't deviate from its system. Oilers there for 1st time. Fla motivated after last year.

In the end, I think Fla can wear down and frustrate Oilers. Bob is a difference maker. Having home ice is big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad