SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The Stars were a better team than Florida who had a tougher path in the playoffs than Florida, and an aggressive forecheck is what defines the Stars' identity. They did not sit back vs the Oilers at all, and although I'm sure the Florida forecheck is great, it's not as good as what the Stars can do.

But yes we will see how things pan out on the ice. Until then we can have these spirited discussions, which is fun.

Another comment where the "Im sure" means you have obviously not watched the team play. The Stars were not a better team than Florida, and their forecheck is certainly not better than the Panthers. That has been the Panthers identity now for the last couple of seasons. Their relentless in your face forechecking and pressure is a step above any team in the league. Its been mentioned countless times already everywhere here, as well as on both major playoff broadcasts. It comes in waves, non stop, for 60 minutes a night. The hitting never stops, the pressure never stops, and they do no alter from that, no matter who is on the ice. They will dictate how the game will be played, more times than not. It is more than a style, it is an attitude.

Im not saying McDrai wont have success against them, but they have yet to face a team like the Panthers. And before anyone of you want to come bang your chests about the Oilers, I have seen PLENTY of Oilers games since 97 has been in the league, because I am a fan of greatness. I have just seen constant talk about the Oilers facing a team like the Panthers already, and that simply is not the case.

Reactions: FLpanthers16

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I hope he Kane mindf***s Tkachuk into ineffectiveness like in the BoA series. Kane owns him.
Kane has seemed pretty off all year, injuries to the core are terrible to rehab. Hopefully ot doesn't linger through the offseason.

Credit to him he even suits up, warrior.

Chucky needed help getting dressed to even play game 4 in the SCFs last year. Gotta respect guys that will risk it all for the team like that. Chucky didn't look right until January of this year. But he came to camp ready to go again with all our injuries bleeding over from the last run.

Jan 13, 2023
It's two different quotes about seperate groups, not hard to comprehend.
I've never seen someone get throttled so hard that they resort to trying to discredit posters by claiming that they don't cheer for the teams they cheer for because other fans of their team don't "claim" them :laugh:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Doughty is washed but to say Forsling is de facto better than Hughes or Heiskanen would be considered a controversial take anywhere outside of the Florida board, imo.

Did I say he was better? Defensively, he is better than the mentioned Dmen, and is one of the best 2-way Dmen in the league.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I hope he Kane mindf***s Tkachuk into ineffectiveness like in the BoA series. Kane owns him.
I hope so as well but Kane isn't the same guy compared to back in 2022. That's not to say he can't get there... ego's often come with motivational issues and I'm sure he'll have no problem getting up for ratboy lol. Will be great hockey

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol. Panthers forecheck. PUH-LEASE.
Kane has seemed pretty off all year, injuries to the core are terrible to rehab.

Credit to him he even suits up, warrior.

Chucky needed help getting dressed to even play game 4 in the SCFs last year. Gotta respect guys that will risk it all for the team like that.
Chucky likes to play things up though. He probably was fine.

I hope so as well but Kane isn't the same guy compared to back in 2022. That's not to say he can't get there... ego's often come with motivational issues and I'm sure he'll have no problem getting up for ratboy lol. Will be great hockey
Production wise no. But we all saw him get rocked in the LA series with a clean check, stand up immediately, and go fight the guy. And we saw him pummel Hughes for an entire series. In terms of physicality he’s more than game.

Reactions: foshizzle

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
If you think anything is going to distract Chucky from the team's goal, then you dont have a clue.
Yeah, it’s not the same Tkachuk that was in Calgary.

The guy is elite and is going to be a very effective pain for the Oilers all series. I think he’s as motivated to win as anyone in the series. Playing the Oilers will only add to this motivation.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Wasn’t very unusual against the Panthers (pre-Oil), to see Kane end up melting down and giving FL power plays, if not just getting tossed. Just another subplot that makes this series so interesting.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yeah, it’s not the same Tkachuk that was in Calgary.

The guy is elite and is going to be a very effective pain for the Oilers all series. I think he’s as motivated to win as anyone in the series. Playing the Oilers will only add to this motivation.
Shesterkin was not a fan last round, that's for sure.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why would he fight Kassian? Lol

Also that's not Kane even though I am sure there are clips of their run ins
The subject was Tkachuk folding like a lawn chair.

There actually aren’t clips cause like I said all Kane had to do was mindf***k him and he disappeared. Literally did nothing physical in 5 Battle of Alberta games, just chirped back and forth with Kane. Dude was scared. Dudes always scared when an alpha actually wants him to answer the bell.

• Haha
Reactions: pb1300 and Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
When was that?
Atlanta days, Buffalo too, not sure if its happened since he went West to SJ and beyond.

We are fully aware on Kane. Love him on your team, hate him when not. Not many guys left like them in the league anymore, still doubt at this stage that anyone would risk fighting for injuries or putting their team at a disadvantage.

I am sure there will be big hits but not much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad