Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Not too sure fans in the other six Canadian markets want the Oilers to win. Would Flames fan hope the Oilers win?
I find it's more sports journos that want McDavid to get a trophy because of his point totals and point accumulation. I'm not seeing a lot of Oilers pennants or flags on cars right now. The last time there was a massive "I'm in!" movement across Canada was when the Habs faced Bolts a few years ago.
Habs flags all over, it was distressing to be certain.

Go Cats. Go Barkov. Go Selke.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Hopefully Bennet gives them a proper reason to dive. Aim for the head buddy

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I've been trying to get them to understand this stuff but they just laugh emoji my comment and never address the points. It's all good I get it, I would be excited if I was in their place as well.
Pasta got shut down by the Leafs too, and the Ranger's trio shut themselves down lmao.

And Kucherov? Stamkos? Trocheck wasn't as much of a factor either.

Carry on as much as you want about those teams and their current rosters, especially Tampa, but Kuch marched alongside McDavid in points all season and is a VERY well known post-season monster.

so...laugh emoji. I guess.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Welcome Edmonton to our world you now are in the big show. Our Cats had a taste and the hunger is real now. Bring your best game cause I know to every Panthers player this is all business.

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Jan 13, 2023
And Kucherov? Stamkos? Trocheck wasn't as much of a factor either.

Carry on as much as you want about those teams and their current rosters, especially Tampa, but Kuch marched alongside McDavid in points all season and is a VERY well known post-season monster.

so...laugh emoji. I guess.
All I said was that neither Tampa or Boston had been considered cup contenders since the start of the season, which is true. You can go on for another ten pages, nothing changes.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Welcome Edmonton to our world you now are in the big show. Our Cats had a taste and the huger is real now. Bring your best game cause I know to every Panthers player this is all business.
Edmonton almost got to the Conference finals in 17, they've been waiting for this for a long time now. Florida came out of nowhere last year, it's not the same.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
I guess I prefer to see the Oilers (McDavid and Perry) specifically, lift the cup but I just can’t pick against Florida right now. Panthers in 6 seems like the ceiling to me for this series but I hope I’m wrong and it goes 7.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Florida seems like the stronger team. Of course, I hope Oilers win the cup.

Whatever it will be, it was such a fun ride so far!! If it goes beyond 5 games I will have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch the games. Frankly, I didn't expect we'll get that far when I made my summer plans.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Edmonton almost got to the Conference finals in 17, they've been waiting for this for a long time now. Florida came out of nowhere last year, it's not the same.

Ohh so the President Trophy season just vanished huh? 2 years in the final? ECF and the finals are a step apart, one being further then the other, so that 17 flex is weird.

Both are in the finals, it's a new season, clean slate. Whats in the past is not relevant as of game 1, all you can do is move forward and hope that the team you root for wins it.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
All I said was that neither Tampa or Boston had been considered cup contenders since the start of the season, which is true. You can go on for another ten pages, nothing changes.
What is the point you're trying to make? Lmao. You're all over the place. Are there not elite players on those teams? Did not every team we've faced so far have the best goaltending? Was LA a "Cup Contender?" Did anyone actually think Vancouver really stood a chance to go far?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Edmonton could lose yet to another cup winner...

Perry could lose again in the SCF for the 4th time.

Regardless.. going to enjoy the games without expectations. Reaching the finals seems like fantasy at the moment.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
This whole "cheer for Canada" thing is so overblown. No one in Canada would cheer for Toronto (unless it's the Raptors or Jays, then it's the whole "Canada's team" thing). Most of Canada cheered against Vancouver in 2011, and I know most Leaf and Sens fans wanted Tampa to wreck Montreal a few years back. Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver would never cheer for each other. Winnipeg? Probably the same.

The Boston Pizza marketing team should be fired into the f***ing sun. What a cringe campaign.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
This is just the first of several Edmonton Oilers cups.
You cannot stop the Oiler's 6-headed dragon.
If you think Florida is going to magically stop taking penalties and not feed Edmonton's powerplay, you're going to be in for a huge surprise.
Man, I hope your right. Be much easier to resign McDavid, Drai and Bouchard if we r winning

Jan 13, 2023
What is the point you're trying to make? Lmao. You're all over the place. Are there not elite players on those teams? Did not every team we've faced so far have the best goaltending? Was LA a "Cup Contender?" Did anyone actually think Vancouver really stood a chance to go far?
My points have all been extremely straightforward, I'm actually surprised you're not following along.

I'm all over the place? Look at your bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad