Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
He should, as the Oilers seem to be totally content to take nothing but lots and lots of low-risk shots at him.

Don't get me wrong, Bobrovsky is very good .... but I also get the feeling that he's having trouble staying awake out there. Like its been a long day at the office, but you still have to go to the father-son hockey game and play goalie.

Game 1 this wasn't the case, he had what 3 breakaways he had to save and a number of high quality slot chances. The last couple games he hasn't been nearly as busy with the danger stuff.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
It must be painful being an Oilers fan right now with all the haters piling on. Feel bad for SOME of you. There are several though that completely deserve this and while every fan base has them Edmonton seems to have extra.

it is what it is, no one hates irrelevant teams. I'm proud of what the boys have accomplished, the city has been buzzing for months its really fun to see these deep runs

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
it is what it is, no one hates irrelevant teams. I'm proud of what the boys have accomplished, the city has been buzzing for months its really fun to see these deep runs
Losing in the Finals sucks hairy donkey butt, but the run is still great. It is hard to remember that in the moment, and it always carries a crappy painful sting, but I'd rather my team be competitive and lose than to never make the playoffs or always be dumped out in the first round.

Reactions: sanscosm and sepHF

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Bring on the haters. 30 other fanbases that wish their team was in the finals right now is really what it boils down to, they'd switch places if they could. Doesn't really matter how the series ends, it's been a fun ride. I'm hoping it goes a couple more games at least and we get a little drama in the series.

There's been plenty of it so far.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
To change it up a bit. It's nice to see Paul Maurice finally getting his time. That dude was trashed in WPG, both professionally and personally. He was never given credit even though he's a great hockey coach..

Toronto, too.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Not a single Panthers fan would agree with you. The Rockets years were unbelievable, but he isn't the greatest Panther of all time, nor was he ever as important to the teams success like Barky is.
That wasn't at issue. I made a comment stating that Bure > Barkov as of now. Then I got jumped on by some Finns and all hell broke loose. I never suggested that Bure was a greater Panther, but a better player.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
For a guy that was once a 50 goal man, he really has been cooked for a few years now, and teams just keep rolling him out there because, intangibles.
To be fair he’s also helped those teams get to the Finals 4/5 years, though he does seem to bring some sort of curse once they get there

Reactions: Chaos2k7

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
especially considering we all know the only singular reason why they are even good/relevant..... you'd think they would be more humble when they've had the worst management in the entire league for 2 decades giftwrapped the best player in the world lol
Yeah agreed. This is my biggest problem with some of them. They act all high and mighty like they’ve built some juggernaut when the league had to adjust the rules because of their futility. They seem to have forgotten quickly how absolutely lucky they’ve gotten.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Definitely. As someone who watched their lifelong team hoist a cup the best part is the run. The nervous excitement every couple days for months. I remember 2003, 2006, 2015, and 2017 with only fond memories at this point. Even 2009 to an extent.

The thing about being a Canadian team is different as you are going to have to hear absolute nonsense from some fan bases that couldn’t accomplish what Edmonton did this year and it’s going to be painful.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Bure wasn't on the team in '94 and Barkov has surpassed his high water marks for points in a Panthers uniform in a single season already, all while also being the best two way forward in the game, it's no contest, and I loved the Rocket.
Bure 2000-2001 season was one of the best seasons ever. 92 points and the next best player had 37. He was a 1 man team literally.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Neck and neck with Luongo. Not for long however. Barkov is finally getting his flowers.

Once he retires he’ll be the GOAT in Florida

Drafted by the team, been through it all

Atleast 2x Selkes, all the records skater can have and likely a Cup champ, the 1st ever for Florida, Captain

& imagine just 12 months ago there were legit fans suggesting trading Barkov and idea of Barkov for Tkachuk was thrown around..

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Read up on Barkov because I wanted to know how he has such a Russian name and is from Finland.

Both parents were Russian and Russian athletes. Dad played hockey in Russia, Italy and Finland. They liked Tampere so much they decided to raise a family there. Great backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad