OT: Scandy's Rave Party: The Fun Never Stops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This wasn't directed to me, but I play roller hockey in the summer. There is an outdoor rink with no covering, so if it rains the games get cancelled. And the surface is like 10 degrees hotter than ambient temp..it's quite the cooker

In the Fall/Winter I play ice and I also prefer it to roller....I'm never too cold :)
My polish / russian (czech / lith) blood is more than tolerant to the cold, i just don't prefer it.
In my hayday, this house I lived in, parents owned it, but it was a shit hole... the water in the shower wouldn't be warm/hot unless you held the breaker switch. Well you can't do that alone so I'd literally shower in the winter with ice cold f***ing water and the heat barely worked. I'd be in shorts and a teeshirt and the people I'd invite over would be in winter jackets, lol. I have pictures from the days. I just dislike cold if I had a choice.

@EightyOne
107?! PA never gets that hot. Humidity gets bad but not high dry heat.
When I lived in Honduras for a year in 2012 I'll never forget getting off the C130 on the tarmac, the life sucked out of all of us. It was so f***ing hot/humid in the jungle of hondo it took us weeks to acclimate. I dehydrated so bad I had to iv'd saline at one point even though I pounded gatorade and cut it 10 times. I also celebrated christmas in shorts and a tshirt which was sweet. Showering next to palm tree's outside.... can't beat that. f*** winter. Even though winter kills most of the bugs/insects/repilians that want to kill you... I'd still take the heat, even though I can't sleep in heat. Still.

Reactions: EightyOne

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

This song should have been in Joker...
Watch it be in Joker 2 and my deft track selection goes further unnoticed.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
What kind of serious shit is that Antonella -ex American Idol woman into to get picked up with a kilo of fent?
Got damn...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Don't let these guys cramp your style, shop. If you want to take a big enough dose of caps to choke out an elephant then go play hockey then you do you. Hell... I'd be your wingman, anytime!

But you'd better f***ing share.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Don't let these guys cramp your style, shop. If you want to take a big enough dose of caps to choke out an elephant then go play hockey then you do you. Hell... I'd be your wingman, anytime!

But you'd better ****ing share.
I did them twice in my life, like 17 years ago. It's like unobtainium - can't find 'em. I did like the taste though, ate 'em straight.
I remember watching matrix with the boys and when neo hand went into the liquid mirror I lost my shit. Also watched Scanner Darkly... I don't recommend.
I'm more chill, I like to relax. That stuff is history for me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I am not a Star Wars fan in the least, but I have to say, the Mandalorian is slick.
Excellent f***ing tv.
Highly recommend!

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Could you imagine the horror?

After all these years Valve is finally bringing back Half-Life! But wait, here's the onion:
IT IS VR ONLY!

Oh the pain. It has the feel of an April fools joke that isn't something you should joke about.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla

You watching it? You and hog are big-time Star Wars fans if I recall correctly.
How is the show to a SW fan? As a non-fan, like I said, I love it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Could you imagine the horror?

After all these years Valve is finally bringing back Half-Life! But wait, here's the onion:
IT IS VR ONLY!

Oh the pain. It has the feel of an April fools joke that isn't something you should joke about.
but it looks like it could be amazing. VR could be great with the right games.
@Ogrezilla

You watching it? You and hog are big-time Star Wars fans if I recall correctly.
How is the show to a SW fan? As a non-fan, like I said, I love it.
About to watch ep 3 in a few minutes. I like it a lot so far, yeah. It feels very star wars. The creature design is just fantastic so far and really is what I think makes it feel like classic star wars more than anything made since Return of the Jedi.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
okay the 3rd episode is great. Best so far for sure.
I'm going to watch 2 and 3 tonight.

- Did you watch 'SEE'?

I'm struggling to even watch episode 4. That series had a quick like and an even quicker demise of like with me.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm going to watch 2 and 3 tonight.

- Did you watch 'SEE'?

I'm struggling to even watch episode 4. That series had a quick like and an even quicker demise of like with me.
I haven't. I only know it exists because you mentioned it, and you aren't exactly selling it to me :laugh:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Oh f*** off YouTube

First it does this epic suggestion for me:

Then..this:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I haven't. I only know it exists because you mentioned it, and you aren't exactly selling it to me :laugh:
I can NOT get over the blind thing. Also detrimental is the week to week wait. I slowly turn myself off of the show having to wait, since I'm not so big into it my caring is slowly waning.

You gotta check it for yourself because my friend is all about it. So maybe it's just me... well it is me being not so into it... it is done well, production wise, locations and all. Soooooo.......

Reactions: Ogrezilla

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Chaaaaarrrlie...come on, Charlie! Through the gumdrop forrrest...to candy mountain!

"You're all getting Grand Slamwiches. They're very popular. You get two eggs, a sausage, some bacon, some ham, mayonnaise, cheese and maple spread. All inside a sandwich."

(That's a thing that actually exists, by the way)

"Man.. that sounds awful!"

Filmcow and Brad Neely's stuff remind me a bit of one another.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I am not a Star Wars fan in the least, but I have to say, the Mandalorian is slick.
Excellent ****ing tv.
Highly recommend!
Too much filler and not enough of the juicy stuff for me so far. We're 3 episodes in and this weird schedule they have is annoying. But the good thing is that there's so little content to remember that the week to week basis doesn't require a rewatch of a previous episode or a "in the last episode" recap. Episodes should be longer if they're going to do this. It's what, barely 40mins long? 50-55 would have been better.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Too much filler and not enough of the juicy stuff for me so far. We're 3 episodes in and this weird schedule they have is annoying. But the good thing is that there's so little content to remember that the week to week basis doesn't require a rewatch of a previous episode or a "in the last episode" recap. Episodes should be longer if they're going to do this. It's what, barely 40mins long? 50-55 would have been better.
The weird schedule is just every Friday, except the first episode was available on launch day.

I don't have a problem with the shorter episodes. Only the first one has been over 40 minutes, the other two were like 30 and 35. They aren't putting in anything extra to fill a pre-set runtime which I like. I definitely don't get saying there's too much filler and also wanting it to be longer. That seems like a weird pairing of competing opinions. I also really don't get the too much filler complaint at all; if anything it is edging towards the "too bare bones" side of things.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla @Honour Over Glory

Maybe that is why I like it so much --- because I'm not a fan of Star Wars and I get to enjoy it as a filthy casual. They are weird time lengths though I noticed that. Og, they release every friday you said?
Og, so what do you think, too bare-bones or too filler-ish? You are both saying the opposite so I'm curious what amount of canon / content I'm getting. Not as a die-hard, but just as a filthy casual =] so I know how much of the world I'm taking in.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla @Honour Over Glory

Maybe that is why I like it so much --- because I'm not a fan of Star Wars and I get to enjoy it as a filthy casual. They are weird time lengths though I noticed that. Og, they release every friday you said?
Og, so what do you think, too bare-bones or too filler-ish? You are both saying the opposite so I'm curious what amount of canon / content I'm getting. Not as a die-hard, but just as a filthy casual =] so I know how much of the world I'm taking in.
I think it's very straight forward, but I don't have a problem with that. The original series was never overly complicated either.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think it's very straight forward, but I don't have a problem with that. The original series was never overly complicated either.
The original star wars you mean that was not overly complicated?

I hear ya. Maybe it was a brain bending science fiction in 1977 or whatever year it first released. Today, yeah I understand. It is basically genero science-fiction in 2019... nothing really thought provoking or extreme science fiction kind of stuff in star wars.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The original star wars you mean that was not overly complicated?

I hear ya. Maybe it was a brain bending science fiction in 1977 or whatever year it first released. Today, yeah I understand. It is basically genero science-fiction in 2019... nothing really thought provoking or extreme science fiction kind of stuff in star wars.
indeed. It's a fantasy story that happens to be in space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad