Value of: Scandella or Brodin to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
What would Minnesota want for either Brodin or Scandella?

Off the table:
Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Rielly
Any first round picks unless a serious add from Minnesota

Is there a deal to be made?

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sounds like MN has a very well thought out plan with the expansion draft that involves keeping all the D they have and coming out of the expansion draft with a good top 4 D still in tact, although after losing one of these guys for free.

But, if they trade one of these guys... they lose the other one for free instead... leaving them with a big hole in the top 4.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It'd be a historically incompetent GM that would trade either for anything outside a first round pick or young, cheap top six roster player so no. TOR us soon going to realize they're in a similar position to EDM and one of those off the table guys is gonna be traded if they see a gaping hole in their D. Or you know just roll on believing it'll all be okay.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sounds like MN has a very well thought out plan with the expansion draft that involves keeping all the D they have and coming out of the expansion draft with a good top 4 D still in tact, although after losing one of these guys for free.

But, if they trade one of these guys... they lose the other one for free instead... leaving them with a big hole in the top 4.

I think it's more involved than that. If Reilly delivers on his promise this year as a top 5 ( floor) PMD/ PPQB, Dumba settles down defensively, and Olofsson stays healthy( Brodin replacement),then the Wild MIGHT consider trading two of their top 4 Dmen excluding( excluding Suter)before the draft for forward help and young prospects.

This would allow them to protect Suter and two more Dmen(I.e. Brodin and Spurgeon), having Reilly(ineligible), Olofsson(ineligible) and Folin to round out the Dcorp. Olofsson has the talent, it's all been about him being healthy.
The D would be a bit thin compared to recent years, but still decent in terms of the NHL and I'm sure trading Scandella and Dumba would net not only some forward talent, but also a young, draft ineligible D asset of note.

Depending on Pominville's status at the draft... still not sure if he is draft eligible... The Wild will go into the draft under this scenario being able to protect most of their good young forwards.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Really? You think Borodin has the same value as Msthews Marner and Nylander?

In the situation that we are in with our defense, expansion draft-wise, we're going to need a good reason to trade one, and take the chance that the remaining 4 would remain intact post-draft.

I think, value-wise, that JVR would be a very fair offer, but it's not enough when it's either going to force a trade of another defenseman, or knock a hole in our top 4 via the expansion draft.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
With the untouchables you've mentioned, I don't think there is a deal to be made. Can't see Minnesota being interested in much else, and I don't think they'd accept quantity for quality.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Do we really need to go over this again?

We aren't going to trade a defensemen to Toronto for anyone they're willing to give up.

End of discussion.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Wild don't have any cap space and you've taken all the cost controlled assets off the table. Plus, they massively overvalue all of their D.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Wild don't have any cap space and you've taken all the cost controlled assets off the table. Plus, they massively overvalue all of their D.

yet you just traded Hall for Larsson.:laugh::laugh: Young, top 4 D with sane contracts have value. And Marner is a far cry from Hall.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I heard a podcast with Mike Russo. He believes the Wild are not trading any of their D. Chances are the Wild will lose a D in the expansion draft. The Wild will still have 4 NHL D if they lose a D to Las Vegas. If the Wild trade a D and lose a D in expansion,they are down to 3 D.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You're saying that with players like JVR, Kadri, Gardiner and our expansive prospect pool available, there isn't a deal to be made?

OK bud.

Correct.

We don't really care what you're 5th-15th prospects are; Gardiner makes zero sense; never been a fan of Kadri; and while JVR is the best piece of the bunch, he plays the wrong position and the situation does not dictate us trading a defenseman for winger at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad