Value of: Saros to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm anything but an Oilers fan, but Bouchard is really underrated at this website. His analytics are much stronger than people seem to realize. He's a pretty dang good hockey player. He'll score a huge contract extension in two years once Drai has left for greener pastures.

1. Wow!
2. Hahaha there it is.

Will Draisaitl leave Edmonton? I have my doubts, but he'll land a major package if the Oilers can't sign him and are forced to make a trade.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Bro RNH would be leaving an obscure arctic city to a tax free international metropolis with an abundance of culture and a great climate… RNH would think he had died and gone to heaven

Then why did he take an 8 year deal, below market value and a full NMC if he didn't want to stay in this "obscure arctic city"? He was a pending UFA when he chose to re-sign.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I was on the trade Bouchard bandwagon earlier. Not because I don't believe in him as a player, but because 1) he is pretty clueless defensively and we don't have time to wait, 2) at the time his offense was not enough to cover for it, and 3) our goaltending was horrendous.

Nearly all of that has changed. I've said it before, will say it again, Bouchard's offensive skills are so strong (and his skating so average) that it stands to reason a lot of that offense comes from an elite hockey microprocessor. We've seen it time and time again that these intelligent offensive players eventually figure out the reciprocal and begin to read defensive plays better. But Edmonton must win now.

Having said that, I have Saros as a top-5 goalie in the league (and I personally like his style, very Price-esque in the sense that he's so technically sound and not just relying on size and positioning)... so yeah... for Saros, Bouchard is available, but honestly... Bouchard is not available for too many.

I had proposed this on the Oilers board and it didn't go over well:

To Nashville: Bouchard, McLeod, Holloway, 1st
To Edmonton: Saros 20% retained, Barrie 50% retained

Rationale: Barrie has neutral to negative value but replaces 70% of the offense lost in Bouchard, McLeod is maybe worth a 2nd, Holloway still worth a late 1st, 1st is still a 1st... so it's essentially Bouchard + 2 1sts + 2nd for Saros and retention.

How much more do we need to add?
God damn this post made me remember how much I miss watching Price play. So sad that his prime was cut short due to injuries and mental health issues. He was the perfect modern day goalie. So efficient, so technically sound, so athletic and explosive, and just such high hockey IQ.

Reactions: bucks_oil

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Like I said earlier I'd like to see how he looks once you take Ekholm away from him long term. I'm not saying he's good or bad, but I know how Ekholm can cover for guys and make them look way better than they actually are.

I can't think of too many years where Ekholm's pairing looked bad, and thats often because of him, not because of who he is playing with.
But like what's the point? You just want to take players away to find some vacuum value. Meaningless exercise. Can we take Saros away from the preds defenseman factory? Can we see what he looks like playing on the Hawks instead? Everyone wants to see our D without Ekholm. Our forwards without McDavid. That's the risk of making a trade.

I don't even know why this thread is still going. We cant take Saros unless you take campbell. You're never taking campbell. The trade is therefore DOA.

Everything else is just shit flinging started by 34 braincells when they claimed Drai needed to go the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad