Value of: Saros to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Saros in an Oilers uniform makes them a cup contender instantly.
But what would it take to get Trotz to budge?

My proposition:

To Edmonton:
Saros and fabbro

To Nashville:
Bouchard, 2024 1st round pick, Lavoie

Oilers get one of the best goalies in the league at cost control for two seasons. Plus fabbro to semi replace Bouchard for cup run.

Preds get Bouchard to pair with josi and create maybe the best pair in the league plus two futures for rebuild with lavoie and the late first.

If oilers prefer carrier to fabbro that’s doable.

Thoughts?

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

My proposition:

To Edmonton:
Saros and fabbro

To Nashville:

Oilers get one of the best goalies in the league at cost control for two seasons. Plus fabbro to semi replace Bouchard for cup run.

Preds get Bouchard to pair with josi and create maybe the best pair in the league plus two futures for rebuild with lavoie and the late first.

Thoughts?
It’ll take a lot more than that to pry Saros out of Nashville

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

My proposition:

To Edmonton:
Saros and fabbro

To Nashville:

Thoughts?
I would say about 20 teams will make better offer for Saros if he was available.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
That is a poor return for Saros let alone adding Fabbro.

And in what workd us a forward playing defense like Bouchard ever close to forming half of the best d pair in the league?

They might as well just keep the better defenseman in Fabbro.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Moving your allstar quality goalie and getting an offensive dman of questionable defensive ability in return is a thing. Bouchard can get points but he is no more a 1st pairing dman than Fabbro is. Lavoie can be found on waivers next season and was on waivers earlier this season as well. Dont see anything that sticks out infront of our other prospects.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton probably won't move Bouchard. If Saros was available we could table a better suited offer built around futures if that's what Nashville was after. Would be tough to pull off as NJ, Toronto and a few other teams would be upping the bidding.

Reactions: PuckG

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
WOuld love Saros, but that's a steep price. I don't think this will work out since Oilers don't have the pieces they can afford to give.
A good goalie will cover so many warts.. if that’s a Nashville predator fan with the offer. If I was an oilers fan I’d drive Bouchard to the airport.

Reactions: mviewer1 and hn777

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
a guy with that last name in Oil Country?
Sure that sounds like a great idea, like the great goaltending reset if you will lol

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Don’t let Oilers see this. Some of them think Bouchard is the best player from that draft. They’ll demand Nashville add +++

Literally none of us think this and the majority didn't want Bouchard at that pick, we preffered Dobson. Why even make something like this up.

You think you made a statement here and you did. Just not the one you think you did/

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

My proposition:

To Edmonton:
Saros and fabbro

To Nashville:

Thoughts?
Why would Nashville trade their better dman and number 1 goalie who can be top 10 in this league for a more offensive Tyson Barrie?? It doesnt make sense

What? That’s a huge offer. Bouchard is outstanding
Bouchard is an outstanding one dimensional offensive dman. Preds have one in Barrie, why would they get another one?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why do Oiler fans add Lavoie to a proposal as if he adds value? Lavoie has zero value. In fact, he's adds to the number of contracts to the receiving team which is a negative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad