Sarnia Sting 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

JAMER

Nov 13, 2019
Chartier had another good outing today stopping 14/15 shots. He's now 2-0 and has stopped 49 of 51 shots in his 2 starts.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
We've been asking for Wainwright and Brown to step up and boy did they ever. The heavy schedule to start the year seemed to catch up to the team today in the first two periods. A huge amount of credit to the line of Filak-Wainwright-Moses that kept the team afloat while everyone else was struggling. Wainwright our best forward putting up 2G/1A including the beauty in the second. You could see the weight lifted off of Brown's shoulders after he got his first goal. He was flying in the third and immediately goes out and gets his second too. Di Iorio showcased his great shot on the game-winning PP goal. Sometimes one goal can open up the floodgates so let's hope that's the case with the power play (probably not but we can always hope lol). It wasn't a pretty game from Maillet either but he shut the door after Flint's fifth goal. Always great to see that type of mental toughness from a young goalie. After I was critical of him earlier in the week I have to give credit to Letang. Saw he had the Filak-Wainwright-Moses line going and promoted to Karimov (who had another nice game) to play with Brown and Di Iorio I believe. He went with those two lines a ton in the third and it got them the W

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Wish the record had at least one more win (the Saginaw choke job), but 3-2-3 isn't to shabby when you consider we were the only team to have beaten Windsor until this weekend, Saginaw x2 is a very solid team, Oshawa is a league favorite, Brantford is a threat in the east & Flint x2 is a solid team that spent a lot of picks to add good vets this summer.

Points in every game except two (@SAG & @ BRNT) & yet to lose in regulation at home. When you consider Wainwright, Brown, Karimov, Di Iorio hadn't produced at all till this weekend & the PP was a net negative on top of that I'll definitely take it.

Gonna have to deal with the growing pains (Bridgewater bad shift led to goal today, Brown brutal TO led to goal, Maillet not the best in net) but overall pretty happy thru 8 games. PK has been terrific. 5on5 they've been strong. Have been good in net outside today.

This next stretch as I mentioned yesterday with 11 of 14 on the road is a big part of their season. A brutal trip is something that could push you down the standings fast & a solid - good road trip would set them up very well in the 2nd half with so many home games.

Some coaching decisions aside (was much better today & hope he sticks with certain things) happy with what I've seen. It's a fun, young group that really battle.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Moses has no business getting top line minutes don't care whether he got points, no business playing with wainwright.
Wainwright not on pp s ludacris, come on jeffery wake the F up. I'm hoping video session with staff will open their eyes.
Doucette being quiet isn't helping us either. Johnston just a bottom 6 forward tgatsvwhy london traded not grit or heart very disappointed in that trade after true colours have come out on his play. We got sucked into that trade by preseason numbers

Good for anderson,, stepping up when we needed some momentum, young needs to learn from his heart.

After a weak glove hand goal maillet rebounded to make solid saves keep us in the game that's all we need

3 points of 6 is ok but suspect shoot out picks by letang again may have cost us a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad