Sarnia Sting 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Not a bad effort. Thought after the first 10-12 mins they played a solid road game. Had more than a few chances to have the game tied at 1 or at 2 but couldn't finish. PP let's them down again. Also can't leave their best guy (Lardis) & one of the league's best shooter wide open in the slot twice like they did. Bit loose tonight in front of our net.

What I referenced yesterday about Letang also showed again tonight. Lardis is one of the league's elite shooters. U have to stress having Fischer against him. He doesn't. Lardis gets 4 points none with Fischer on the ice.

Need Di Iorio, Karimov, Wainwright, Brown to find the net. They've been around it. Karimov tonight was a beast & that trio seems to have something which is nice. Definitely snakebitten but they play T6 & having four guys at 0 ain't great lol.

Fine game from Surzycia. Wish he had that 2nd goal but he made some big stops after that. Certainly not his fault when ur team scores once.

Onto a really good Oshawa team Friday.
That 3rd Brantford goal late in the second really killed any shot that they had in this game which is a shame because it was a very preventable goal. Didn't seem to have much jump in the third after that happened.

Another 0/4 night on the man advantage is unacceptable. 1/29 on the season. They need to make some personnel changes. It can't be any worse than it is right now. Would love to see Barr and Bridgewater get a chance on the PP when they're back in the lineup.

Edwards gets another one. He's had an incredible start to his rookie season. Really seems to have a nose for the net. 4 of his 5 goals have come in tight or off rebounds. Also made a nice defensive play coming back to break up a 2v1.

Huge test coming when we face Oshawa on Friday night. They'll be a hungry club after losing four in a row. Going to have to play like they did against Saginaw last Friday if they want to have any chance

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Going to apologize now for long rant!
I wasn't in Brantford but watched game on stream, from what I saw, I disagree with lines for most part. Just not enough for me 1 guy seems to break down line cohesion. There was alot of energy from moses leuke Chamberlain loved it, last night but starting to see some glaring combos that need to get together. 2 shifts wainwright and doucette skated together and they had 2 chances (more than wainwright had all game not why they are not together, doucette barely contributing on with Edward's and kostuch). We need them both going! Johnston showing why London traded him besides his 1st game when, trying to fit in, he is just is 1 dimensional player and hurts line chemistry at times, not using his linemates. I know I'm critical most posts however this pp is ridiculas. Just flat out embarrassing at times
Not working a loaded up with pp with vet guy like every other team is crazy, and actually practicing and playing it for a few games baffles me, no down low play other than 1 time, wainwright went down low to karimov to get a chance out front, not using bumper or not having a guy able to play bumper, 1 bad pass or slow reaction and it's down the ice. Young at top just wants to shot and not really having a good shot gets blocked 90% of time. Fischer at top just stands there with a pass to side guys, it's just like a peewee team starting out. We may never score a pp goal at this rate lol whoever is looking after pp needs to be relieved of duties give to someone else. Edward's finding the net again is encouraging and great for his confidence but we will be dead last this year if we don't put some lines together that can spark our vets. Or trade someone. I know its early but if this is back to back rebuild years will be even more disappointing and a huge shot to support we just built in community
We can be mid pack team with little bit of spark.
Sorry to say, this was our Dzone's coverage worst game this year while alot of D leaving guys alone in own end in slot and forwards watching and just giving bulldogs too much time and apace. Thats 1 place on ice everyone should pay to be in there. It Was a boring game to watch, Bulldogs run a trap style forecheck 1-2-2 where they really don't pressure much and we didn't have gameplan to navigate that. Chalk it up to road game loss being un prepared.
We did have alot going in Second period little buzz going.
Their coach (NHL knowledge ability etc mckee) adjusted mid period to change to up their physical play and they came took it to us physically. We just don't have that type of coach IMO mckee/hunter do things to disrupt the flow of game when other team get some momentum. That my friends is coaching!
Team is different team without Franchesschetti in the line up that's forsure.
Think Maillet plays Friday and I just hope we play a good game and keep it close. We need to remember our record could just as easily be 0-6 for year. Management needs to look at that, Brown seems to be struggling , more mentally than physically he is trying to hard on his own, draft year getting to him, pressure to put up points isn't helping him to play with linemates whoever they are. Maybe put him on 4th line and check his ego for a game or 2 calm him down or scratch him. I'd love to see Sim Friday on top pp even though I'm not fan I think he can help if anywhere. That's where he may just help us get on the pp board, can't do worse.

Sorry for Long rant again but was super frustrating watching last night's game

Love to hear everyone's opinions
Might have more when I rewatch that game today lol

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Bummer about that 3rd goal as someone already mentioned. That killed the momentum we had gained after that slow start and then the first goal. Thought we had a chance to come back until that point after being down 2-0. Lack of finish around the net. The PP is obviously a complete disaster and will continue to cost us games or at least OT/SO pts which can be critical come year end. I don't know what the answer is but this cannot continue. 5 on 5 Sarnia has been great IMO. Sarnia has been able to keep the pace with their opponents for the most part and have been able to create equal scoring opportunities for themselves but again, the lack of finish around the net and the abysmal PP dilutes a lot of that 5 on 5 success. Maybe it's time to swap out Di Iorio with Edwards at the very least on PP1. Edwards clearly has a nose for the net along that right side it seems.

Agree the D game last night was worst of year. Omeri and Hurt struggled with missed assignments and guys getting behind them, not a good night for those 2. Barr coming back would be big for the 2nd pair. He instantly makes Hurt a better player. Goes without saying that Barr better also get his shot on the PP, no excuses at this point.

I was going to mention how I wanted to see Brown and Karimov together. I find their style somewhat similar. They're both hounds on the puck and create space for themselves and others. I think the one obvious negative to the two is they seem to hold onto the puck selfishly at times. They looked great last night with Wainwright, our best line no doubt. Wouldn't mind seeing that continue.

Agree about the Franceshetti comment. The team plays with more energy and physicality with him in the line up. He helps slow the game down overall. He also brings out the best in Moses, who has been just meh since JJ's injury.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Going to apologize now for long rant!
I wasn't in Brantford but watched game on stream, from what I saw, I disagree with lines for most part. Just not enough for me 1 guy seems to break down line cohesion. There was alot of energy from moses leuke Chamberlain loved it, last night but starting to see some glaring combos that need to get together. 2 shifts wainwright and doucette skated together and they had 2 chances (more than wainwright had all game not why they are not together, doucette barely contributing on with Edward's and kostuch). We need them both going! Johnston showing why London traded him besides his 1st game when, trying to fit in, he is just is 1 dimensional player and hurts line chemistry at times, not using his linemates. I know I'm critical most posts however this pp is ridiculas. Just flat out embarrassing at times
Not working a loaded up with pp with vet guy like every other team is crazy, and actually practicing and playing it for a few games baffles me, no down low play other than 1 time, wainwright went down low to karimov to get a chance out front, not using bumper or not having a guy able to play bumper, 1 bad pass or slow reaction and it's down the ice. Young at top just wants to shot and not really having a good shot gets blocked 90% of time. Fischer at top just stands there with a pass to side guys, it's just like a peewee team starting out. We may never score a pp goal at this rate lol whoever is looking after pp needs to be relieved of duties give to someone else. Edward's finding the net again is encouraging and great for his confidence but we will be dead last this year if we don't put some lines together that can spark our vets. Or trade someone. I know its early but if this is back to back rebuild years will be even more disappointing and a huge shot to support we just built in community
We can be mid pack team with little bit of spark.
Sorry to say, this was our Dzone's coverage worst game this year while alot of D leaving guys alone in own end in slot and forwards watching and just giving bulldogs too much time and apace. Thats 1 place on ice everyone should pay to be in there. It Was a boring game to watch, Bulldogs run a trap style forecheck 1-2-2 where they really don't pressure much and we didn't have gameplan to navigate that. Chalk it up to road game loss being un prepared.
We did have alot going in Second period little buzz going.
Their coach (NHL knowledge ability etc mckee) adjusted mid period to change to up their physical play and they came took it to us physically. We just don't have that type of coach IMO mckee/hunter do things to disrupt the flow of game when other team get some momentum. That my friends is coaching!
Team is different team without Franchesschetti in the line up that's forsure.
Think Maillet plays Friday and I just hope we play a good game and keep it close. We need to remember our record could just as easily be 0-6 for year. Management needs to look at that, Brown seems to be struggling , more mentally than physically he is trying to hard on his own, draft year getting to him, pressure to put up points isn't helping him to play with linemates whoever they are. Maybe put him on 4th line and check his ego for a game or 2 calm him down or scratch him. I'd love to see Sim Friday on top pp even though I'm not fan I think he can help if anywhere. That's where he may just help us get on the pp board, can't do worse.

Sorry for Long rant again but was super frustrating watching last night's game

Love to hear everyone's opinions
Might have more when I rewatch that game today lol
I give your essay a B+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad