Sarnia Sting 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
They got another point against a very talented team but I come out of this game more disappointed because like last Friday vs. Saginaw they should have won.

The good: Di Iorio getting his first OHL goal. You felt like that one was coming after he hit a few posts and was getting more involved offensively in the last few games. Surzycia was very solid again stopping 33/36 including all 11 off the stick of Colby Barlow. Great stop on the 2v0 in the second and two nice ones on Marelli in overtime. Fischer's skating has been noticeably better all year and it helped him get 1G/1A tonight. Great shot on his goal too. He was a +1 and Bodin was a +2 against a tough team. Hopefully something to build on for that pairing.

The bad: Blowing another two goal lead. The four-minute PP in the second destroyed all that momentum they had built up. I honestly didn't know that a power play could be this bad. Surzycia made some brilliant saves but also gave up two awful goals in the third. I'm sure he really wants that third one back. The way Letang handles OT infuriates me. The coaching staff doesn't go out and try to win, they try to not lose. Fischer-Bodin were out there together at one point. Hurt was out there for multiple shifts. This is where your offensive guys like Barr, Bridgewater, and Young are supposed to shine so put them out there. Speaking of Young where has he been? At times he was our best d-man last season and this year he's been invisible and as a result is down on the third pairing. I won't repeat myself too much on the lines but they were awful. Moses needs to stay in the bottom six and Karimov needs to get consisent time in the top six.

Had to go on my own @StingUpdates type of rant tonight lol. Should be a good one on Sunday afternoon. Always chippy and close when the Sting go up against the Firebirds. Need a W to close out the weekend. Hopefully we see some better lines and PP play so I don't go insane
Not long enough to be a StingUpdates rant! 😂

Young has had his moments but most came the first 3or4 games. Been a quiet last 7-10 days for him. Haven't hated his defensive play at least, but he's a guy who can push for 40 points & with so many young Fs we need him too.

Totally agree on Fischer. To me he looks like a kid who's figured it out. Still has his puck hog/trying to do to much moments, but man watching him tonight vs the NHL 3rd overall pick was like damn this kids elite. His skating looks insane for his size. Bodin has settled in nicely. Last 4-5-6 games have been very strong for that pair.

No 16/43 in OT on D is idiocy. Bridgewater is made for 3on3 with his skating. He'd open it up. Barr might be the best passer on the backend! Is a fine defender who they can trust. Karimov/Kostuch too. Karimov is a bull on the puck..all that open ice he could make stuff happen..Kostuch great speed down the wing could create something... Instead we play as you said not to lose & we fricken stink in the shootout! Goes back to pre season. They've gotta be 3or4 for 25.

Doucette post game said Surzycia was under the weather too. Hated that tying goal, but he played well especially while sick. Hopefully isn't going thru the team.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Kapageridis is off to a strong start in the OJHL. 13 points in 10 games. 2nd in D scoring in the league. Leads all rookie D (still classified as a rookie because he joined late last yr then went on the big playoff run) in scoring.

He's a really intriguing prospect. Elite puck skills. Very offensive minded & creative. I honestly thought he was a bit disappointing at camp. Was rather weak defensively & was a bit to reckless. But that was also Young at 17. See a fair bit of similarities in them.

He's openly stated he's gotten interest from teams (assuming NCAA).. Be interested to see if the Sting sign him. Feel like they tend to sign prospects they like during the first half of the season so they can get in games over the 2nd half when they are hit by an injury bug or feel like he's earned it. Issue is just the logjam. 8D still. All 8 can be back next year. And the top 5 (Fischer Bodin Barr Hurt Young) looks pretty set in stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $201.00